Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Life is life, this is football we're talking about.

Ridiculous to talk about murders and burglaries in the same arguement.

i just can't see what good banning him was going to do for NUFC, complete waste of time.

Ignoring the examples given, you are saying you don't want the player who has assaulted our player punished? You aren't bothered he has gotten away with it?

Robert Elliot ‏@the_dilsh

Wow, can't believe that. One of the worst tackles I have seen. Surely has to be banned to set an example to youngsters

Robert Elliot ‏@the_dilsh

Nothing against the lad or Wigan but surely the whole of football from grass roots up needs to know that tackles like that are unacceptable

i just can't see what good banning him was going to do for NUFC, complete waste of time.

Without these punishments existing, people will continue to perform the same crimes. This is relevant in football and in life.

:)

I think the kid knows he has done wrong and so does everyone else except Whelan and it wouldn't surprise me if martinez doesn't pick him for a couple of games anyway but it still won't help us.

I'm not arsed in the slightest that he hasn't been charged.

Doesn't help us and doesn't help Haidara.

If he was sent off on sunday it would but a 3 game ban doesn't help us especially as he's just a kid who was making his debut not a key player.

Retrospective punishments are shit and don't do the victims any good at all.

Aye, never mind justice and all that shite.

What difference does it make? Won't help us will it?

See the post above. It's about what's right.

Its an aknowledgement that we have been a victim of wrong doing. being ignored is simply sickening.

Ignoring the examples given, you are saying you don't want the player who has assaulted our player punished? You aren't bothered he has gotten away with it?

I am bothered he didn't get sent off, but banning him after the event doesn't help us one iota.

What about Haidara himself? I'm sure if we were all in his position (excluding you obviously) you'd want some action to be taken.

:thup:

Aye, am sure he'd like to see some kind of action taken rather than just being swept under the carpet.

Without these punishments existing, people will continue to perform the same crimes. This is relevant in football and in life.

I think the kid knows he has done wrong and so does everyone else except Whelan and it wouldn't surprise me if martinez doesn't pick him for a couple of games anyway but it still won't help us.

"You think the kid knows he has done wrong"

This is based on what? The reassuring pat that he gave Haidara, having been told to by his team mate? Or the complete silence after the event?

+ even if it doesn't help us, if this little scrote thinks he can get away with shit like this, then what's stopping him doing it to the next undeserving player?

This is based on what? The reassuring pat that he gave Haidara, having been told to by his team mate? Or the complete silence after the event?

Or that his manager and chairman both said it wasn't a foul. Or maybe that the Football Association haven't punished him at all.

No apology from the player or the club, in fact they have done the complete opposite.

Absolutely gutted they weren't all given a fucking harsh punishment even though it wouldn't have directly affected our results.

Or that his manager and chairman both said it wasn't a foul. Or maybe that the Football Association haven't punished him at all.

Or, even, him committing a ridiculously bad challenge a couple of years ago. Almost sounds like the sort of person who'd do it again.

It's an absolutely obscene decision yet not in the slightest bit of surprising.

No apology from the player or the club, in fact they have done the complete opposite.

Absolutely gutted they weren't all given a fucking harsh punishment even though it wouldn't have directly affected our results.

The result is all that matters and banning him won't change the result.

I am bothered he didn't get sent off, but banning him after the event doesn't help us one iota.

it may not help us but there has to be a punishment for it. I wasn't aware  when players are sent off then banned that the ban had to be to the benefit of the team transgressed against.

He's potentially/probably hurt our very promising player for quite a long time. He's not been punished with a red at the match, he played a part in his team defeating us, and he then gets no further punishment from the FA. How could anyone not associated with this club be OK with it? Punishing him after the fact sets the example and precedent that everyone has said on this forum and other outlets that this type of challenge is not to be tolerated. Instead, we are punished by losing a match, losing our young player for forseeable future, and our assistant manager also gets banned. We are the victims in this in every way shape and form and we've come out of this having not been given a single ounce of confidence or justice in the matter.

Absolutely gutted they weren't all given a f***ing harsh punishment even though it wouldn't have directly affected our results.

so you don't agree with any bannings ?

The result is not all that matters. :lol: What matters is a kid has produced one of the worst challenges seen in years, seriously injured a fellow professional to the point where it's unlikely he'll be seen on the pitch for many, many months (not to mention any permanent damage to his leg) and he has been given absolutely no punishment. It's an utterly absurd decision from an organisation which continues to outdo itself with flat-out incompetence and borderline lies.

That matters.

Absolutely gutted they weren't all given a f***ing harsh punishment even though it wouldn't have directly affected our results.

Not after the event.

perhaps now other players will see this and think theres something going on behind the scenes and that if your want to massacre another player- Newcastle is the team of choice. The FA will not protect them for whatever reason.

Not after the event.

what do you propose as a sanction then ?

Not after the event.

what do you propose as a sanction then ?

Back to the good old days of not having trial by tv after games.