Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

How was it a 50/50? :lol:

Exactly, Savage is talking shite as usual

The tackle itself has angered me BUT the reaction of others (former players, refs etc) is pissing me off

It was a horrible tackle, baffled why some are reluctant to admit that

there is a huge spiteful jealousy about our club from many who have no affiliation within the game, who crawl out like insects whenever we are the victims to understate the offence,

its leading to our players being afforded a lower level of protection than other clubs and some downright cheating by officials in our games.

Guest Roger Kint

How does that prick Ryder get paid?

FA will announce decisions on Wigan-gate this morning. Decisions on McManaman, Barrow and John Carver awaited. #nufc

Reads like a train station PA the clown  :lol:

aye- saw that during match of the day- absolutely no excuse for that linesnman not to make the correct call, the same cunt who did the whispering in the refs ear abour carver-

edit- move than on half a second and i bet you will see him coming in studs up knee high- how on earth he didnt call it.

Guest icemanblue

The linesman's view, from that image, is misleading. What you don't see is that, at the exact moment of challenge, an unruly sparrow hawk blocked his field of vision. It's unclear at this time, but there has been speculation that the sparrow hawk was wearing a blue and white jumpsuit with 'JJB 4 EVA - ASHLEY'S A COCK' emblazoned across the chest.

The linesman's view, from that image, is misleading. What you don't see is that, at the exact moment of challenge, an unruly sparrow hawk blocked his field of vision. It's unclear at this time, but there has been speculation that the sparrow hawk was wearing a blue and white jumpsuit with 'JJB 4 EVA - ASHLEY'S A COCK' emblazoned across the chest.

Fucking hell, the plot thickens!

How was it a 50/50? :lol:

Exactly, Savage is talking s**** as usual

The tackle itself has angered me BUT the reaction of others (former players, refs etc) is pissing me off

It was a horrible tackle, baffled why some are reluctant to admit that

It's 50/50 as in "if I straighten my leg and keep my studs high enough to fuck up the other player he won't get the ball".

This is just laughable, honestly is ...  :lol:

This Whelan guy is actually senile.

How a grown man can be so fucking stupid is just beyond me.

To read those articles, and then consider the fact he is claiming McManaman's challenge was a fair one, in which he got the ball, is just beyond human comprehension.

I'm completely dumbfounded.

I've completely lost all respect for Whelan. What a cretin.

Guest Brazilianbob

Whelan knows that if the FA ban McMannaman for dangerous play, it opens the door for us to sue Wigan in the same way Everton sued us when Anichebe was injured by Nolan.  Whelan is trying to influence the FA by trying to gather support from other ex pros and arguing it was a 50/50 challenge and he was entitled to go for the ball.

Knowing Ashley and his previous battles with Whelan, he will take Wigan for all their EPL TV money (if they don't get relegated).  Unlikely to happen but would be amusing if it did.

I find it unreal that quite a few are claiming he won the ball.

I'v watched it countless time and he simply doesn't. Is it really worth comprehending that some people are defending the tackle as it's on a Newcastle player?

Linesman's view (from the daily mail)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/18/article-2295249-18C00FD0000005DC-45_634x472.jpg

Sigh, that's no real surprise. Linesmen in this league are generally rubbish.

Incorrect offside calls can sometimes be forgiveable, because it can be tough keeping up with the play and you've got a split second to make a call or not. But for incidents like that - when the linesman can clearly aid the referee simply by owning a pair of eyes - it's unforgiveable. Yes McManaman clipped the ball before crashing into Haidara, but how the linesman hasn't seen it as dangerous play - I have no idea.

let's be honest here. legal action is the only thing that will ever drive the game towards where it needs to go...the legal action would need to be by a club against the FA imo and if a precedent gets set they'd have to put something in motion to mitigate themselves being fucked over again

as it stands they're too staid and set in their ways

What exactly would legal action entail?

A retrospective 3-game ban would suffice imo. It was a tackle that warranted a straight red card.

It's a difficult one because whilst these tackles are an awful part of the game - I'd be reluctant to see any further encouragement of the sport losing its physicality. Incidents like the 11-game ban in France sets a precedent and I'm not sure that sort of thing is good for the game, regardless of the severity of the challenge/ensuing injury. There is a lack of physicality in the top leagues these days - to a point where simulation (be it 'going down easily' or a plain dive) happens numerous times in every single game.

Unless it could be proven, beyond question, that there was genuine malice in a challenge - anything beyond the 3-game suspension is harsh imo.

EDIT: Mind you, it's a pity they can't reprimand Whelan for his bullshit sarcasm after the game. Not only is he condoning leg-breaking challenges, he's belittling his own club (as well as ours). If that's not 'bringing the game into disrepute', I'm not sure what is.

Don't think there has ever been such a level of anger still around two days after an incident like this. Says it all really.

Mind the disgraceful comments from people at Wigan Athletic have stoked the anger up too.

Have you ever met anyone from Wigan? Expecting any sensible comments from a club like that will be like waiting for racing tips from a Siamese cat.

Don't think there has ever been such a level of anger still around two days after an incident like this. Says it all really.

Mind the disgraceful comments from people at Wigan Athletic have stoked the anger up too.

I've seen a Wigan fan on twitter saying the media 'keep going on' about the tackle but ignore the 'vile abuse' McManaman is getting, as if he's the real victim, and someone straight after the game who said our fans behaved "discracefully" by booing him off the pitch when he was subbed.

Guest Slippery Sam

Linesman's view (from the daily mail)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/18/article-2295249-18C00FD0000005DC-45_634x472.jpg

This cunting linesman should be sent that pic to remind him of his duties (in fact all officials should be sent a copy by the FA).  He really has no place officiating in football for not flagging such a disgraceful tackle (whether he was asked to do it or not by the referee).

Heard something on the radio this morning, where Dermot Gallagher has said the tackle may yet go unpunished by the FA, as it was an 'on-the-ball' incident.

WTF? So its ok to go studs up, knee high as long as the ball is there to be challenged??? :fool: