What is success for you - in the long term?

ATB

The concept of being a part of 20 team league and having no ambition to win it should be fucking alien.

Cannot believe how readily accepted it is, although I do understand it. Horrendous. Thought there'd be more dafties like me kicking around.

The concept of being a part of 20 team league and having no ambition to win it should be fucking alien.

Cannot believe how readily accepted it is, although I do understand it. Horrendous. Thought there'd be more dafties like me kicking around.

Do you not accept it though? FWIW I agree it's sad, but the problem is with the league not us.

The concept of being a part of 20 team league and having no ambition to win it should be f***ing alien.

I honestly think that if you spend wisely.. And get a good footballing style to boot, you can compete with man utd etc I mean arsenal could compete if they actually sorted their defence out and actually bought a striker who suited their style.. Not 6ft + immobile sky scrapers.

League stabilty and a real actual effort in the cup competitions we can realistically win. for a club our size turnover, crowds, 6m worldwide fan base, a league cup would be met like some sort of momentous achievement. Its hardly unrealistic.

tbh the ownwership and players who weve had here should know- they've run the biggest failure of a football club in the world :lol:

The concept of being a part of 20 team league and having no ambition to win it should be f***ing alien.

I honestly think that if you spend wisely.. And get a good footballing style to boot, you can compete with man utd etc I mean arsenal could compete if they actually sorted their defence out and actually bought a striker who suited their style.. Not 6ft + immobile sky scrapers.

It probably could be done. You'd have to use your resources super efficiently, get quite lucky (with injuries and the like) and withstand the inevitable media/refereeing corruption that SAF would try to bring down around you as he took your threat more seriously :lol:

It would be glorious if a real club could ever win the Premiership again without having to get a sugar daddy.

Do you not accept it though? FWIW I agree it's sad, but the problem is with the league not us.

Not long-term I don't, which is what the question is. Might as well not bother.

Surely the whole point of football is to try and win stuff? Especially the domestic league.

The financial side of football just feels like a massive bubble waiting to bust and if that happens then we could benefit but until then I can't really see us doing much when the people in charge keep appointing their friends as managers and only make important signings sporadically.

I often wonder where we'd be with a chairman who backs his manager in the way other clubs do. Impossible to gauge really.

Any examples in mind?

Martin O'Neill at Sunderland for example. He's had loads of money and seems to buy "his" players. Even today he's putting a bid in for an upgrade.

Not long-term I don't, which is what the question is. Might as well not bother.

Surely the whole point of football is to try and win stuff? Especially the domestic league.

Course it's the point, but the current situation in the league makes it virtually

impossible. Whether or not people will start to think of football as pointless remains to be seen. For me, it just about offers enough on a weekly basis to help me forgot how futile the bigger picture is.

Regularly compete for European places and try to win a cup.

this. strong enough squad to stay in top 8 also in "bad" seasons.

and in the process focus on developing an attractive style which we use throughout the ranks in order to buy and develop the right players for the system.

Guest Howaythetoon

The removal of Mike Ashley, his shitty SD branding and the dicks he has running us DL and AP. Then we can get back to being a football club again.

Guest malandro

The removal of Mike Ashley, his shitty SD branding and the dicks he has running us DL and AP. Then we can get back to being a football club again.

Awful answer.

I liked it.

If we are to follow a "model", Swansea are the sort of the model we should be following if we aren't going to spend a lot on players, they have a fairly attractive style that allows them to compete, especially in one off games and make best use of the players they do have, I mean brittan played in the conference did he not?

Biggest success long-term would be challenging for CL spot while playing attractive football. At the moment though, success is managing to score mroe goals than conceding at least once...

seriously tho- who would give a fuck about champions league place if we WON the europa instead?