Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Made a lot of vital blocks and challenges today. Don't buy he was generally poor. Just made one fairly standard mistake and one really stupid one.

i wouldnt say vital blocks, just had a bog standard centre half game, on the good side. on the bad side cost us a couple of goals imo.

Guest firetotheworks

He wont be phased out man. He's our captain, Pardew will try to convince him to stay in the summer (and fail, imo), Taylor is always injured and MYM, although looking mint, is still untested in England. It can't see it happening.

Colo has been out of form and made a mistake today and did against Stoke as well at the very least, but I still think he has a lot to give and he's still good enough for it to not become a major gripe for us.

I've been a big Colo supporter and Taylor critic in the past but Taylor's more worthy of the shirt these days. Be very stupid to drop him.

You've been a massive Pardew supporter too to be fair, 'naldo.

Not that I don't think Taylor has played well like, he's just not on the same level as Coloccini.

He wont be phased out man. He's our captain, Pardew will try to convince him to stay in the summer (and fail, imo), Taylor is always injured and MYM, although looking mint, is still untested in England. It can't see it happening.

Colo has been out of form and made a mistake today and did against Stoke as well at the very least, but I still think he has a lot to give and he's still good enough for it to not become a major gripe for us.

Should be phased out, probably won't be.

Thought Colo was class today apart from the second goal.

What about the first?

Silly but that stuff happens all the time. The second was a real let down though.

The first goal conceded belongs to Perch. Bale should never have gotten away with that bullshit kick. Even if Perch had stood on his toes he'd have blocked that shot. Instead it goes straight over his head and he turns to watch it, disgusting on the replay. Also for Colo's part it's the kind of foul you see day in and day out and that's why we form a f***ing wall in the first place.

Second goal is down to Colo and Taylor both, imo, Colo blew it to begin with but its no good when you have a situation where it's 100% certain that a centerback can't track back and at least pressure a forward who's got behind. Colo left Taylor out to dry, but god damn a CB with a shred of pace could have at least made Bale sweat a bit on the shot.

Overall I'd like to see us phase Colo and Taylor both out. Both players are nearing the end of their peak abililities and while I have a lot of love for both players and they have both been great servants for the club, it is time to start looking toward replacements. Hopefully Mbiwa is the business and we can blood him in and bring in another hungry young CB behind him in the next year or two.

All I've said is that Colo needs to be gradually phased out when we're safe, and that Taylor shouldn't be dropped.

I agree with this. If he's not going to be here next year and we're not struggling to survival, why shouldn't we phase him out and play with the players we'll actually have for next season?

What about the first?

Silly but that stuff happens all the time. The second was a real let down though.

The first goal conceded belongs to Perch. Bale should never have gotten away with that bullshit kick. Even if Perch had stood on his toes he'd have blocked that shot. Instead it goes straight over his head and he turns to watch it, disgusting on the replay. Also for Colo's part it's the kind of foul you see day in and day out and that's why we form a f***ing wall in the first place.

Second goal is down to Colo and Taylor both, imo, Colo blew it to begin with but its no good when you have a situation where it's 100% certain that a centerback can't track back and at least pressure a forward who's got behind. Colo left Taylor out to dry, but god damn a CB with a shred of pace could have at least made Bale sweat a bit on the shot.

Overall I'd like to see us phase Colo and Taylor both out. Both players are nearing the end of their peak abililities and while I have a lot of love for both players and they have both been great servants for the club, it is time to start looking toward replacements. Hopefully Mbiwa is the business and we can blood him in and bring in another hungry young CB behind him in the next year or two.

Taylor turned 27 about 3 weeks ago :lol: and is finally showing himself to be a good defender.

What about the first?

Taylor turned 27 about 3 weeks ago :lol: and is finally showing himself to be a good defender.

Can we fit him with rocket boots?

He's not even that slow, he just got beaten for pace by one of the leagues quickest players.

I thought Dawson was really good yesterday and he got outdone for pace by a well past his best Shearer a few years back.

John Terry was never the quickest either.

Taylor is a good defender, he just isn't going to beat the likes of Bale, Walcott etc.. in a race in the same way most other premier league defenders won't.