Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Takes picture with Mbiwa. Waits until he's on Twitter to ask if he's off. Well played, c***.

He's about 12, FFS. Steady on.

The kid has acted foolishly tbf. Could have pleaded with him to stay, instead of taking pictures to impress his friends on social media. Just as culpable as Pardew IMO.

I think one of the reasons the club are so reluctant to spent money on matured players is the fact we bought Coloccini at 26/27 and nobody has ever offered money for him, even when he was playing well. Consequently we've just had to persevere and absolutely run him into the ground while players with potential like MYM get marginalised.

I don't think that's a club thing, that's a manager thing. Pardew in this case just completely ignores Colo's flaws, yet highlights those of others which are not as bad. Managers have favourites, managers like Mourinho/Ferguson/Pep do, thing with them though is they win things giving them the right to do it, and the ammo to back it up.

Pardew on the other hand has a string of defeats as his ammo, the idiot.

It goes way further than Pardew, this insistence on maximising assets and financial resources to the team's detriment.

I think one of the reasons the club are so reluctant to spent money on matured players is the fact we bought Coloccini at 26/27 and nobody has ever offered money for him, even when he was playing well. Consequently we've just had to persevere and absolutely run him into the ground while players with potential like MYM get marginalised.

I don't think that's a club thing, that's a manager thing. Pardew in this case just completely ignores Colo's flaws, yet highlights those of others which are not as bad. Managers have favourites, managers like Mourinho/Ferguson/Pep do, thing with them though is they win things giving them the right to do it, and the ammo to back it up.

It goes way further than Pardew, this insistence on maximising assets and financial resources to the team's detriment.

We are only going to make a loss on Mapou which makes this all the more idiotic

We are only going to make a loss on Mapou which makes this all the more idiotic

Yep.

Depends. If Mapou's fee was appearance related there's a chance we break even on him.

Good point.

Makes it all the more possible considering the Cabella deal too.

Edit.

Still fucking idiotic though.

With all the talk about the need for a striker, are we even in the market for a centre back? We've got four on the books and not one of them is really dominant in the air. It seems strange to me that The King isn't bleating more about such a blatant weakness but then he probably doesn't get much say in the matter.

Well, yeah. Fucking off a promising, if not especially suited to the PL, CB to in favour of an old wreck who hasn't played well in 2 years is pretty idiotic.

A big part of me is holding out hope that Colo will have one of his "I need to be back at San Lorenzo" moments, that way we'd see Mapou in the first team.

Well that's not strictly true, we'd see Taylor and Williamson  :undecided:

With all the talk about the need for a striker, are we even in the market for a centre back? We've got four on the books and not one of them is really dominant in the air. It seems strange to me that The King isn't bleating more about such a blatant weakness but then he probably doesn't get much say in the matter.

The problem is that Taylor and Willo are theoretically that player. They aren't any good obviously, but they probably still take up that squad slot in the minds of the club.

We need Yanga to play with a stopper that isn't shit (Williamson) or mentally challenged (Taylor). That's the way forward, not selling him, having Colo injured and suffer from a apocalyptic Taylor/Williamson partnership until Taylor breaks his neck mid-October and we're faced with Williamson/Tioté.

The problem is that Taylor and Willo are theoretically that player. They aren't any good obviously, but they probably still take up that squad slot in the minds of the club.

They aren't even that good in the air which would make up for their weakness in other areas of their game. Out of those four, I'd rate Mapou as the best, yet he's the one supposedly getting sold.

Maybe being contrary for the sake of it because I really like Mapou, but surely a good centre back should be able to play alongside most people and still excel. Technically he's great, his recovery is great, but he has a problem if he can only function alongside a certain type of player in the Premiership.

Maybe being contrary for the sake of it because I really like Mapou, but surely a good centre back should be able to play alongside most people and still excel. Technically he's great, his recovery is great, but he has a problem if he can only function alongside a certain type of player in the Premiership.

Not really, having a partner that fits with you're strengths and weaknesses are is always important.

Regardless if you're Alessandro Nesta or Steven Taylor.

I don't think he can only function alongside a certain type of player, in other leagues he would probably be fine, but in the premier league you need at least one big dominant CB in your team. He clearly wasn't bought to do that job so then he needs to be paired with someone who will. Taylor and Willo would fit that bill, except they are weak defenders.

Not really, having a partner that fits with you're strengths and weaknesses are is always important.

Not sure what Taylor needs alongside him. Someone who's managed to acquire an O-level is my guess.

Not sure what Taylor needs alongside him. Someone who's managed to acquire an O-level is my guess.

Good Coloccini :D