Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Fucking Kinnear cancelling that Douglas deal. Farcical shit

Our defence would only be a decent left back away from being fairly solid. As it stands it looks like Janmaat will be our only quality defender.

Don't agree with that, like. Defence is all about the CB pairing and hilariously our best one is Mapou and Willo.

I wonder how Mapou + Douglas would have gotten on. Pace and Strength right there. Willo's shouting and organizing + Mapou's pace was quite excellent. Felt we'd get caught out less with those 2 as Mapou had recovery speed that Colo never had.

f***ing Kinnear cancelling that Douglas deal. Farcical s***

Our defence would only be a decent left back away from being fairly solid. As it stands it looks like Janmaat will be our only quality defender.

Don't agree with that, like. Defence is all about the CB pairing and hilariously our best one is Mapou and Willo.

The thought of Williamson being the best anything is indeed funny

Depressing as fuck that's its true

Was going to say that, fucking hell. You take pics with a player, post it. Then ask a question you could try and pry out or at least attempt to with the player standing besides you.

When I met Alan Smith in Orlando after we were relegated, I didn't bother fucking taking a picture with the dude, point blank - "You staying at the club this summer or what?" or when I met Graeme Souness after he was sacked, didn't fucking want to get his autograph despite my uncle being a massive fan of his during his playing career, naw man, "Nice to meet you Mr. Souness, I'm a Newcastle supporter, how bad was it to work under Freddy Shepherd?" and random shit like that.

All these signings mean f*ck all when Colo starts going on about Argentina again and the CBs are Williamson and Taylor :anguish:

At this point Colo'd probably be more use to us from Argentina, tbh.

Guest bimpy474

All these signings mean f*ck all when Colo starts going on about Argentina again and the CBs are Williamson and Taylor :anguish:

Honestly appalling, can't believe how badly we've mismanaged Mapou.

We've, fucking we've............

He hasn't been given a chance here, it's really as simple as that. Minutes at full back are useful to bed him in, but you've then got to go and give him more than a game or two at a time in the centre.

Disappointing.

Fair point, it's Pardew.

You serious can't believe it?

It's pardew ffs

Guest bimpy474

Fair point, it's Pardew.

That's correct, actually a bit of the Tevez/Mascherano in this. Because the King hadn't really heard of him he simply wouldn't trust him, weirdly he continued to trust players who performed appallingly but that was ok.....weird stuff.

I think one of the reasons the club are so reluctant to spent money on matured players is the fact we bought Coloccini at 26/27 and nobody has ever offered money for him, even when he was playing well. Consequently we've just had to persevere and absolutely run him into the ground while players with potential like MYM get marginalised.

I think one of the reasons the club are so reluctant to spent money on matured players is the fact we bought Coloccini at 26/27 and nobody has ever offered money for him, even when he was playing well. Consequently we've just had to persevere and absolutely run him into the ground while players with potential like MYM get marginalised.

Yup, definitely. No re-sale value. He also cost a fair whack, and was given a substantial salary. They'd rather buy players with potential who don't cost much, or at least won't get paid much, and who can then possibly bring in huge money when sold.

Great post.

Given the amount we paid for colo and his wages selling him was always unlikely imo.

Especially as he never had a chance to play in the champions league and prove himself at that level with us.

Guest bimpy474

I don't think that's a club thing, that's a manager thing. Pardew in this case just completely ignores Colo's flaws, yet highlights those of others which are not as bad. Managers have favourites, managers like Mourinho/Ferguson/Pep do, thing with them though is they win things giving them the right to do it, and the ammo to back it up.

Pardew on the other hand has a string of defeats as his ammo, the idiot.

Guest bimpy474

Takes picture with Mbiwa. Waits until he's on Twitter to ask if he's off. Well played, c***.

He's about 12, FFS. Steady on.

Fuck him, i hate the little shit.