Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Was brilliant first half. Read that he won possession with tackles seven times, the most by a Newcastle player in a single game all season.

Got into the MotD team of the day which is stats based so sounds right :thup:

I felt like putting myself through unnecessary anguish last night, so just after MYM's dodgy pass on MOTD I typed his name into Twitter. Cue loads of Arsenal fans saying things like 'glad we didn't get Yanga-Mbiwa' and 'Yanga-Mbiwa has been poor since joining Newcastle'.

:anguish:

Don't think it was a journalist, just somebody texting/tweeting/commenting?

Yeah it's this guy

.. claims to be a Newcastle fan. His previous tweet was calling Cisse a liability.

I felt like putting myself through unnecessary anguish last night, so just after MYM's dodgy pass on MOTD I typed his name into Twitter. Cue loads of Arsenal fans saying things like 'glad we didn't get Yanga-Mbiwa' and 'Yanga-Mbiwa has been poor since joining Newcastle'.

F*cking ridiculous, i hate people who make such definite statements when watching MATCH OF THE F*CKING DAY.

Watch more than some highlights before commentating with such certainty please.

He looks like hes starting to get used to the pace of things as he was nicking in and winning the ball with such calm and ease.

Tbh i think he's been good other than the Sunderland game and everyone was f*cking crap that day.

I can't think of any bad performances other than that, his decision making has been erratic at times but defensively i have no concerns.

He'll start looking excellent next season IMO. This is regardless of whether Pardew stays or goes fwiw, just to break the trend a bit :lol:

Tbf Pardew's idiocy doesn't tend to effect the defenders performances as much as it does the midfielders and the forwards for obvious reasons.

From 442 stats zone:

Tackles 7/7 completed

Blocks 1

Clearances: 13/14

Pretty decent and the highest of any player on the pitch

There was something else about the tackles stat as well. Think it's the most tackles an NUFC player has made in a game this season or something.

He'll start looking excellent next season IMO. This is regardless of whether Pardew stays or goes fwiw, just to break the trend a bit :lol:

Tbf Pardew's idiocy doesn't tend to effect the defenders performances as much as it does the midfielders and the forwards for obvious reasons.

It is a bit worrying that we've conceded the 2nd most goals this season in the league. Though I attribute that to:

1) Extended periods of Mike Williamson at CB and a banged up Tim Krul.

2) No continuity on the backline this season, as Simpson, Debuchy, Colo, Saylor, Perch, Williamson, Santon, MYM, Haidara and Jonas have all made appearances there. A solid and hopefully healthy (knock on wood) back 4 of Debuchy, Saylor, MYM, Santon/Haidara plus Krul should produce better results next season.

3) 'Fortress Newcastle' being the worst fucking defensive scheme in Toon history.

Guest bimpy474

It is a bit worrying that we've conceded the 2nd most goals this season in the league. Though I attribute that to:

1) Extended periods of Mike Williamson at CB and a banged up Tim Krul.

2) No continuity on the backline this season, as Simpson, Debuchy, Colo, Saylor, Perch, Williamson, Santon, MYM, Haidara and Jonas have all made appearances there. A solid and hopefully healthy (knock on wood) back 4 of Debuchy, Saylor, MYM, Santon/Haidara plus Krul should produce better results next season.

3) 'Fortress Newcastle' being the worst fucking defensive scheme in Toon history.

I'll chuck this in, when taking a lead we sit back deep and hope to hang on. This with a terrible defensive record. Managers a chump.

I still cannot believe the comment by that BBC journo :lol:

EDIT:

BBC Sport: David Ljunggren: "Yanga-Mbiwa is officially useless. He can't defend, he's clueless and he panics too easily. Yet another poor Newcastle buy."

:lol:

:papiss: