Newcastle United 1 - 2 Reading - 19/01/13 - post-disaster reaction from page 53

Dave

would things have been different today if Perch had started for williamson?

Doubtful given that he is equally as woeful playing centre back.

but williamson let that 1st goal get through his legs for 'le whatever' slide into.  i did think it came off his elbow, btw.

I'd have to watch it back but Perch at CB isn't the answer to any questions IMO. First goal was Santon's fault in the main for me, ball watching and slow to react to a simple pass/run.

Perch for Marveaux is probably the worst sub I've ever seen in a game of football. It was so bad words can't really describe it.

its a shame there isnt a question and answer session for the manager from the fans after the match, because we really need to know his thinking behind this.

also he needs to explain why he keeps picking jonas despite admitting himself that jonas has been poor this season.

Guest icemanblue

Perch for Marveaux is probably the worst sub I've ever seen in a game of football. It was so bad words can't really describe it.

Aye, and it lost us the game. Feel sick after that, but it looked the only outcome as soon as that sub was made.

Negative and cowardly.

Until today it was Kinnear's half-time changes at home to Stoke. (2-0 up, drew 2-2 after he put Jonas and Cacapa in CM).

Withdrawing all of Marveaux, Cabaye and Anita (whilst leaving Shola and Jonas to play the 90)... if it's not the worst collective decision I've ever seen, it's certainly the most negative.

Didn't see the game today, took the lass out for a nice meal but I was relishing to see some updates on my phone that we won this. When I saw Cabaye had scored I thought we were on our way to a 2 - 0 or 3 - 0 comfortable win like the Wigan result.

I'm pretty devastated about this result. Pardew has lost his head this season as he must have been convinced after last season he was some sort of super manager. When things fell apart for him this season he's actually got worse when trying to fix it and I think right now he's shitting himself and scared because everything he does is a disaster.

That said, he must have a striker and a centre, both of top quality, right now. No more fucking around. Relegation is a real threat as the players and manager are in a messed up state and need a boost.

Didn't see the game today, took the lass out for a nice meal but I was relishing to see some updates on my phone that we won this. When I saw Cabaye had scored I thought we were on our way to a 2 - 0 or 3 - 0 comfortable win like the Wigan result.

I'm pretty devastated about this result. Pardew has lost his head this season as he must have been convinced after last season he was some sort of super manager. When things fell apart for him this season he's actually got worse when trying to fix it and I think right now he's shitting himself and scared because everything he does is a disaster.

That said, he must have a striker and a centre, both of top quality, right now. No more f***ing around. Relegation is a real threat as the players and manager are in a messed up state and need a boost.

Great story how was the soup? Did your lass enjoy the full day? Please confirm bummage occurred and restore my faith in this forum

Definitely, totally inexplicable. The Cabaye one can (arguably) be explained by his return from injury. But if Cabaye was coming off then Marveaux had to stay.

That said, he must have a striker and a centre, both of top quality, right now. No more fucking around. Relegation is a real threat as the players and manager are in a messed up state and need a boost.

http://deadhomersociety.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/tellmemore.png

Agreed.

And I'll say it again, Perch is shit. One of the most limited players ever to play for us.

This result means that in the top seven divisions in England (PL, Champ, L1, L2, Conf, CN, CS), only Newcastle United and Droylsden (of the Conference North) have not won away from home.

160 teams.

This result means that in the top seven divisions in England (PL, Champ, L1, L2, Conf, CN, CS), only Newcastle United and Droylsden (of the Conference North) have not won away from home.

Does it? :lol:

Reading were the other.

Does it? :lol:

Reading were the other.

I realised, hence the delete :lol:

Even worse than the "no away wins" stat is that we haven't looked like winning one either. Can't think of one away game where I've thought we deserved to win.

You can add the fact that we can't win from being behind either.. Home or away, fucking ridiculous :lol:

We were lucky to go in at half time with a clean sheet in my opinion, we played well in terms procession of the ball and keeping it on the deck, but Reading were dangerous on the break, had the linesman been doing their jobs properly and they had some more composure in their finishing we could had easily gone in at the break being behind.

Pardew attitude was a disgrace in the second half, first sniff of Reading turning the screw and he shits himself. 

Makes cowardice tactics, puts on defensive player for the attacking player.

We were lucky to go in at half time with a clean sheet in my opinion, we played well in terms procession of the ball and keeping it on the deck, but Reading were dangerous on the break, had the linesman been doing their jobs properly and they had some more composure in their finishing we could had easily gone in at the break being behind.

Pardew attitude was a disgrace in the second half, first sniff of Reading turning the screw and he shits himself. 

Makes cowardice tactics, puts on defensive player for the attacking player.

They had 2 shots on target in 90 minutes and we had 10. How were we lucky to go in ahead at half time when at half time with better finishing (i'm not having that the keeper played well as Cisse hit everything straight at him) we should have been 4 nowt up at half time.

God help us. We probably couldn't even win away at Droylsden at this point.

Daniel White @danwhitejourno

Having a go at players is just going to make them less confident & they'll speak at training to other players & spread it. No point. #nufc

He's being serious as well :lol:

Daniel White @danwhitejourno

Having a go at players is just going to make them less confident & they'll speak at training to other players & spread it. No point. #nufc

He's being serious as well :lol:

Wouldn't be surprised if Pardew was telling Marveaux that he was getting booed.