Newcastle United 1 - 2 Reading - 19/01/13 - post-disaster reaction from page 53

Dave

Didn't see the game today, took the lass out for a nice meal but I was relishing to see some updates on my phone that we won this. When I saw Cabaye had scored I thought we were on our way to a 2 - 0 or 3 - 0 comfortable win like the Wigan result.

I'm pretty devastated about this result. Pardew has lost his head this season as he must have been convinced after last season he was some sort of super manager. When things fell apart for him this season he's actually got worse when trying to fix it and I think right now he's shitting himself and scared because everything he does is a disaster.

That said, he must have a striker and a centre, both of top quality, right now. No more f***ing around. Relegation is a real threat as the players and manager are in a messed up state and need a boost.

Great story how was the soup? Did your lass enjoy the full day? Please confirm bummage occurred and restore my faith in this forum

;D ;D Please cheer us all up!

Absolutely nothing questioning the manager there. Completely blameless.

They never criticise any managers.

They're all cowards, man. Including Shearer who's a tenth of the man off the pitch he was on it.

He's the absolute definition of 'mealy-mouthed'.

This might get lost in the shit storm of how rubbish we are, but what was with Readings celebrations? He acted like we'd been giving him shit all game, cupping his ears to the crowd, sliding on his knees to the corner etc

This might get lost in the shit storm of how rubbish we are, but what was with Readings celebrations? He acted like we'd been giving him shit all game, cupping his ears to the crowd, sliding on his knees to the corner etc

Footballers are twats.

Just got in, been reading this thread on the train though and most of what I want to say has been covered.

Today is the first time I've sincerely said I want Pardew out. Seeing his crippling negativity cost us 3 points AT HOME is quite frankly ridiculous. How can we go from dominating the first half to looking like rabbits caught in headlights in the second? Some fucking half time team talk that must have been, christ.

The guy breeds negativity, not confidence. We're in a sinking ship with this man in charge, the only thing is I have no faith someone better would be brought in.

Finally a positive for me, was lovely to be back in Newcastle after a few years, really love coming up :)

Surely Shearer saying that it was daft we only had one up front is questioning Pardew?

I'm on about where we are in the league, not just the starting formation in this match.

Surely Shearer saying that it was daft we only had one up front is questioning Pardew?

He's a law unto himself is ol' Big Al. Just doesn't know when to stop. The Jesse James of the footballing punditry world.

If ever a game showed up a manager as having no common sense or tactical awareness, this was it.

We were well in charge of the game without actually hammering them, and once Pardew took off Marveaux in favour of Perch, the whole game changed.

I was absolutely gob-smacked when I saw this happen because Marveaux was having a decent game and helping to keep their m/f and defence on the hop...once he went, they began to believe they could get something and we threw the game away.

Once again, Pardew's cowardly and negative attitude to football has cost us dearly and this was the final insult to the fans..especially in his comments afterwards. I remember Allardyce getting the 'you don't know what you're doing' treatment and this example was possibly even worse.

We are now well and truly  enmeshed in a totally avoidable relegation battle and on form over the past 5 games, a favourite to go down. Both manager and board are responsible and as the board are not going anywhere, Pardew should, but the arrogant dolts in charge won't have a clue how to get a decent replacement.

As to the players, their morale is obviously at rock-bottom - Cisse was somewhat unlucky that he came up against a keeper with a good slice of luck as well as skill, Debuchy gave us some examples of how useful his crosses may have been had he been signed in summer and Cabaye had a good game until he went off, at least trying to lift the side by example...the goal was excellent of course. Anita buzzed around as usual .

Hard to see where the next point is coming from - Villa were unlucky not to win midlands derby at WBA and their result will have given them great heart for our encounter with them at Villa Park.

The day was superbly topped-off by Remy scoring at WHU for QPR and the Mackems winning again, this time at Wigan.

An old-timer I knew well, who had been to Wembley 3 times in the 50s, got so disgusted with NUFC before SJH and KK took over at the club, that he told me 'they should knock SJP down and build flats on it'......

I can now well understand his feelings....glad he's not around to see this shambles.