Aston Villa vs Newcastle - 29/01/13 @ 7:45pm - Not on TV

Beren

Krul

Debuchy    Taylor    Colo      Santon

Anita

Cabaye              Sissoko

Marveaux                              Jonas

Cisse

Is what I'm expecting us to start with. Hopefully Pards sacks up and starts Mapou but I think he'll go with Taylor.

Be shocked if Gouffran starts, think he's nailed on for a 20-30 minute cameo.

Hope Pardew surprises me and doesn't start Jonas, but I'm preparing for it mentally. I guess the first step is actually subbing him off at some point during his inept performances.

Krul

Debuchy    Taylor    Colo      Santon

Anita

Cabaye              Sissoko

Marveaux                              Jonas

Cisse

Is what I'm expecting us to start with. Hopefully Pards sacks up and starts Mapou but I think he'll go with Taylor.

Be shocked if Gouffran starts, think he's nailed on for a 20-30 minute cameo.

Hope Pardew surprises me and doesn't start Jonas, but I'm preparing for it mentally. I guess the first step is actually subbing him off at some point during his inept performances.

Exactly what I'm thinking. Especially the bit about preparing mentally for Jonas on the teamsheet, so it's not a shock. Is my impression of Pardew as one who doesn't like to throw players in the mix without them adjusting first true, or am I imagining this? Can think of Santon and HBA now, but that might be all..

My point being i don't expect him to let more than Sissoko start tomorrow. Slight chance of Mapuo also, but Gouffran is highly unlikely.

Performance wise it feels like we're in the depths of a trough but, following the great window, we're just about to take off almost vertically and shoot up that league.

However, decades of disappointment have been indelibly etched on my memory so I'll settle for a score draw tomorrow.

Score prediction from a Villa forum:

Re: Aston Villa v Newcastle United Pre-Match Thread

« Reply #220 on: Today at 06:49:26 PM »

Newcastle to win 10-0 with an own goal hattrick by Paul lambert who plays himself and hammers them past Guzan screaming "Who's in my army now? Whos in my army NOW???" Before he is dragged off screaming by the mascots, the lioness having to pummel him into silence as he shouts obscenities at the crowd.

or we could win/lose by the odd goal. I have no idea.

AV Fan: Lewis Clamp ‏@avfc_clampy

"If we beat Newcastle tomorrow I'll f*** a chicken".

Almost worth throwing this one

Aye. I'm desperate to see some faceless Villa fan off the Internet fuck a chicken like. That'd be another one off the bucket list.

I think he meant a live one.

Kudos sir :D

Going to the pub tomorrow for this. We won't win. In fact I cannot remember the last time we on a game I watched in the pub. Maybe I should skip it? Saying that usual hoodoos haven't worked this season, good or bad so maybe a change around.

Guest Alan_Shearer

From com:

"Villa confirm that they will sell tickets to Newcastle fans for the away section from the away ticket office at the north end of the Doug Ellis Stand, adjacent to the away turnstiles. This will open at around 6.15pm.

That there has been some conflicting information about this sale, with claims of cash turnstiles. As we've written above, that's not quite true but anyone after tickets is better off paying cash than attempting to use plastic."

So you don't need to be an official NUFC member to get a ticket from there? If not im deffo doing it!

In the press box for this one. Looking forward to quizzing Pardew afterwards.

Ask him why he's so s****.

I was planning on asking about the new recruits depending on which ones play, but you know I could throw that in there :lol: