Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Never really liked him, and his rotation policy. I'm assuming if he's at a club not playing in Europe it wouldn't enforced very strictly. even if it was I would love him here.

I'm not sure he'd have the personnel here to fully implement his rotation policy. Surely he'd see the value of not giving starts to Obertan or Shola. :lol:

Bit of a pipedream maybe, but I feel Benitez would be a great leader. Something the club really needs just now. He's got some class about him and seems to be very strong mentally, has a certain fearlessness which would transfer to the players.

Poyet. Thought Rodgers was a myth and Swansea's 'style' was ingrained in the club from previous managers (it is, but still) but I would love to see us play that kind of carpet football. I know it hasn't been perfect for Liverpool but seeing everyone actually look for the ball and talented players like Coutinho given the role to do what they like gets me really fucking jealous.

Would love to see Ben Arfa given that type of role, no coincidence he's been linked with them imo. Poyet plays this type of game, and IIRC he was favourite when Keegan left despite never had a managerial gig? Am I missing something or does he apparently know Ashley or was it something to do with that odious dwarf Wise?

Benitez would be f*cking perfect and the only reason i actually believe it could happen is because if he wants to remain in England practically every job in the top 8 is bought and paid for.

This :thup:

Also, I was hoping there'd be a budding Villas-Boas or Rodgers in our lower leagues but none stand out. If there is one, I'd like them here.

Would he take it though,

Next manager if and when we will have one will have to be a yes man, which beni is not and also someone that is willing to have transfers made for him.

I know Liverpool have had directors of football such as commoli and such but can't remember if beni worked under him or not.

Would he take it though,

Next manager if and when we will have one will have to be a yes man, which beni is not and also someone that is willing to have transfers made for him.

I know Liverpool have had directors of football such as commoli and such but can't remember if beni worked under him or not.

I look at it like this tbh, unemployed or manager of Newcastle.

Liverpool will stick with Rodgers, Spurs with AVB, Arsenal with Wenger, Chelsea are going after Mourinho, Man Utd have just got Moyes and City sound like they are getting Pellegrini.

If he wants to remain in England and have a job we would really be the only choice.

I see our old gaffer is just in lead overall (I know this has been up for awhile so unsure if the vote has been reset at all).

Whoever Martinez manages next, you will know how they will play. Ball on the floor, play out from the back, two wingers surgically attached to the touchlines and attack minded.

Martinez's two biggest problems are:

1. Stubborn. he will not change tactics even if not working during a game.

2. Has no idea how to defend (and will not bring in someone to help in that department).

If he came to Newcastle, I think you would find him very Keeganesque in excitement without the hysterical interviews.

He may just work.

I remember his first season in charge in League One, took over around Easter time from Kenny Jackett who had taken us to the play-off final the previous year (lost to Barnsley on penalties) and that year had challenged early on but had slipped to mid table.

By the last game of the season he had got us to within a whisper of Blackpool who were in a play-off place, our last game was against Blackpool and a win would put us on the same points but we needed to win by about 4 goals.

It was one of the most exciting games seen at the liberty, we lost 3-6 but all out attack all game (defence again).

Martinez had spent about 2 years as captain of the team, preaching his philosophy to his teamates, he moved to Chester at the end of the season prior to becoming manager, as Jackett wanted rid as they argued on playing style.

You would think that Ashley has about had enough with having to intervene. Hiring someone like Benitez that has experience to make things run smoother makes sense.

Benitez just feels right for us and he has the track record and mentality to suceed. I didn't perhaps think this up until the last couple of days but I think he would be a good fit. As mentioned he is someone the players will instantly respect and he will thrive in the passion of this club just like Liverpool. As mentioned depends if he would be interested in working for Ashley or more the sticking point, would the board be willing to pay the going rate for a manager of his calibre.

Poyet, Di Matteo or Malky Mackay would be more likely.

Bert van Marwijk would be very interesting. Had a real stinker as Holland manager last euros but before that he really produced som quality football and good results with them.

No manager worth a bean is interested in joing us because we're fucking clownshoes.

Next years kit has a badge that shoots water. The team bus is getting fitted with doors that fall off and confetti shoots out the exhaust.

Paul & Barry Chuckle were on pointless last week so they're obviously looking for work. I say fuck it, give them a chance. Get them in for Arsenal.

No manager worth a bean is interested in joing us because we're f***ing clownshoes.

Next years kit has a badge that shoots water. The team bus is getting fitted with doors that fall off and confetti shoots out the exhaust.

Paul & Barry Chuckle were on pointless last week so they're obviously looking for work. I say f*** it, give them a chance. Get them in for Arsenal.

I'd love a badge that shoots water, next time some wanker player gets in the face of our player just squirt them in the face. Red card but worth it

We'd have pissed ourselves at the mackems discussing the possibility of Rafa Benitez taking over when O'Neill went.

And rightly so, we are the type of club that could attract Benitez, they aren't. It would take a shift in thinking at the top, but it's still the case imo.

Bert van Marwijk would be very interesting. Had a real stinker as Holland manager last euros but before that he really produced som quality football and good results with them.

Didn't he lead a team with a fair few flair players to try and kick and bully a win in a World Cup Final?

interview questions 1 & 2: what are your opinions on shola ameobi & jonas gutierrez

the candidate(s) that answer i'd shoot them with shit, they'll never be near a team i'm managing should be in with a shout imo

EDIT: you could/should probably add williamson to that

Guest neesy111

It'll be Mark Hughes, won't it.

Or Owen Coyle.

He's getting the Wolves gig apparently.