Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-dark-newcastle-united-8387982

"Although United sang the praises of Alan Pardew in the statement that confirmed his departure on Saturday there has been a measure of frustration at Newcastle that the manager was occasionally reticent to work with players recruited for him and the club will lose out on the sale of Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa this summer.

Similarly Pardew had serious reservations about Remy Cabella, one of Carr’s big summer recommendations. So this decision is likely to see candidates quizzed on how they would operate closer with the recruitment process that Newcastle remain committed to.

While Pardew attempted to be forceful in his picks – indeed he personally briefed reporters that he wanted Jonjo Shelvey to be signed last summer and also targeted Tottenham’s flying winger Andros Townsend – Carver is willing to cede all of this to others at the club when it comes to recruitment".

I hope this really will be addressed because I think Pardew deliberately sidelined players to make a point.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-dark-newcastle-united-8387982

"Although United sang the praises of Alan Pardew in the statement that confirmed his departure on Saturday there has been a measure of frustration at Newcastle that the manager was occasionally reticent to work with players recruited for him and the club will lose out on the sale of Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa this summer.

Similarly Pardew had serious reservations about Remy Cabella, one of Carr’s big summer recommendations. So this decision is likely to see candidates quizzed on how they would operate closer with the recruitment process that Newcastle remain committed to.

While Pardew attempted to be forceful in his picks – indeed he personally briefed reporters that he wanted Jonjo Shelvey to be signed last summer and also targeted Tottenham’s flying winger Andros Townsend – Carver is willing to cede all of this to others at the club when it comes to recruitment".

I hope this really will be addressed because I think Pardew deliberately sidelined players to make a point.

I have no doubt that the Yanga-Mbiwa and Cabella crap would have riled Carr massively, and Ashley too. It was outrageous s***.

I'm feeling like the only reason Pardew wasn't sacked was because they didn't want to pay the guy off man. Probably knew Palace might come back in for him and pay compensation this time around.

If they were pissed with Pardew's use of players then they will certainly take the next hire seriously, and not give it to bloody Carver. No chance.

Thinking it's going to be Remi Garde.

Pardew had reservations about Cabella yet said this!?

"I’d like to pay tribute to my staff and in particular Graham Carr, myself, Lee Charnley, Mike Ashley and everyone on the board, who worked really hard for this one.”

The club never should have sanctioned the buy-out clause for Mapou. Not that he would want to come back anyway I suppose.

Yep, this is what happens when you make allowances for hopeless managers who will actually leave you for more money at the drop of a hat anyway. :lol:

If all that is true then there's surely no way they'll give the job to Carver?

I'm worried that the stuff coming out seems positive, be just like Ash to do something cuntish and f*** this all up

Don't call him Ash mate, treads on the good name of our very own Ash on here!

I CANT believe they actually allowed for such a clause to be written into Mapou's contract. If he was loaned and a fee paid, then the purchase price at end of season should have been FAR higher and had some bit of First Refusal in there. Fucking mad man. We kept Crocked Bantz and Mack Truck Willo over a young mobile CB who is quickly back into his own National setup.

"I’d like to pay tribute to my staff and in particular Graham Carr, myself, Lee Charnley, Mike Ashley and everyone on the board, who worked really hard for this one.”

FFS :lol:

FFS :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: what the fuck is he playing at.

Guy wrote off Ben Arfa, Marv, Cabella and MYM.

Fancies Obertan, Willo and Bantz though.

Also Anita.

Yep. I know he's not everbody's cup of tea but he's such a neat player, great passer of the ball too. Might lack Tiote's physicality to play a similar role, but Tiote's physicality is pointless when his brain is made out of fucking custard.

Considering we have this reputation for buying cheap and selling high, there's only been 3 players I can think of that proves that - Carroll (developed under Hughton), Cabaye and Debuchy and I think Cabaye especially was very self-motivated and ambitious so I would put his development down to himself.  And when you read up on Perez, he also has a determination to improve so I think he would have done well despite Pardew but probably not as well as he could.

So which players did Pardew improve - Perch, Williamson, anyone else??

Players like Ben Arfa, MYM, Marveaux and potentially Cabella have not progressed and realised the profit that was probably anticipated when they came to the club.  Pardew would have sold Abeid if he could.  He seemed to write players off very quickly to go back to his favourites.

How many kids have actually come through and kicked on - Dummett maybe but then he spent a long time out on loan.  Pardew would make a fuss of them before they disappeared.

It seems so obvious that a change in coaching and new ideas are needed - even Ferguson changed his coaching staff quite regularly so he was always freshening things up.  That was one of the reasons why I thought the 8 year contracts for all of the coaches was ridiculous.

If my memory wasn't tainted by the fact he's completely ruined the club I love I could probably have grown to ironically love the man. He is the real life Alan Partridge.

I used to think if he didn't manage us I'd enjoy his ridiculousness, big time. He's absolutely insane

It's like that "Alan Pardew - Man Of The Year" article from a few weeks ago, he'd be entertaining if he wasn't your problem.

http://www.football365.com/faves/9618946/Our-Person-Of-The-Year-Alan-Pardew

If my memory wasn't tainted by the fact he's completely ruined the club I love I could probably have grown to ironically love the man. He is the real life Alan Partridge.

I used to think if he didn't manage us I'd enjoy his ridiculousness, big time. He's absolutely insane

It's like that "Alan Pardew - Man Of The Year" article from a few weeks ago, he'd be entertaining if he wasn't your problem.

http://www.football365.com/faves/9618946/Our-Person-Of-The-Year-Alan-Pardew

http://img.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/1939/1101390102_400.jpg