Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I like the sound of the intensive pressing! Hate it when we sit off and defend at the edge of our box at home. Its f***ing s***.

Have you read the whole thing?

This sounds too familiar:

The wide midfielders often defend deep like this (level with Gonalons) to protect the flanks if the opposition plays with a lot of width.

Garde likes to play forwards, Jimmy Briand, Alexandre Lacazette, Lisandro Lopez, in the wide position

:undecided:

Did he play Lacazette out wide like, all the time?  Then Garde left, Lacazette gets played up front and this season he is Ligue 1 top scored by 5 goals already :lol:

The Chronicle is saying that Lee Charnley and Chief Scout Graham Carr will make the decision on who should be the new head coach..

The Chronicle seem to be running different stories every day about what's happening! They're just as clueless as us :lol:

very true :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Can get Carver at 10/1 for anyone that reckons he'll get it

The market is for next PERMINENT manager, you have to think any chance Carver has is for the rest of the season at most wihich wouldnt win owt. Plus by May he will no doubt have done such a s*** job he would have been replaced as caretaker already :lol:

According to Sky Bet if a caretaker manager is in charge for at least 10 matches they will be classed as a permanant manager in the betting result

Paddy has this, usually the same for 99% of them too:

Singles only.

Applies to next permanent manager of Newcastle.

Does not apply to any interim manager who only receives the position until the end of the season

I really wish people would stop quoting the odds on managers. Until it falls down to the ridiculously short odds, when it's practically a done deal, it doesn't mean anything. The fact is that no one knows what's happening, probably not even Ashley or Charnley, so talking about odds is just as valid as picking names out of a hat.

I like the sound of the intensive pressing! Hate it when we sit off and defend at the edge of our box at home. Its f***ing s***.

Have you read the whole thing?

This sounds too familiar:

The wide midfielders often defend deep like this (level with Gonalons) to protect the flanks if the opposition plays with a lot of width.

Garde likes to play forwards, Jimmy Briand, Alexandre Lacazette, Lisandro Lopez, in the wide position

:undecided:

I get what you're saying but the pertinent part in the whole quote is:

Garde likes to play forwards, Jimmy Briand, Alexandre Lacazette, Lisandro Lopez, in the wide positions to make a 4-3-3 when attacking

Rather than Pardle's which would be:

Pardle likes to play forwards in the wide positions to make a 6-3-1 when attacking, defending, at half time and when he's popping out for a paper because he's a cunt

Guest Roger Kint

I really wish people would stop quoting the odds on managers. Until it falls down to the ridiculously short odds, when it's practically a done deal, it doesn't mean anything. The fact is that no one knows what's happening, probably not even Ashley or Charnley, so talking about odds is just as valid as picking names out of a hat.

:thup: Seeing as the odds are based on how much us people who know nothing are putting on its largely pointless. Remember Scott Sinclair being 1/5 to join us last year :lol:

:thup: Seeing as the odds are based on how much us people who know nothing are putting on its largely pointless. Remember Scott Sinclair being 1/5 to join us last year :lol:

Probably the only reason Carver's odds are as short as they are is because a bunch of pessimists like myself have lobbed on some bets to soften the blow when it inevitably happens.

Paul Clement linked in the mirror.

The world's very best as a mentor at 3 different clubs. Must have learnt something.

I know some times assistants don't make the best managers but I'd be more than happy if we took a punt on Clement like. You'd think he'd learned a lot under Ancelotti and he will have that experience of dealing with players a lot better than what we've got.

But some of his statements to the press aren’t helping; before the home game against Toulouse he was calling on his players to remember that good performances this season should earn them a good contract for next season with a different club.

Welcome to Newcastle Remi.

The Chronicle is saying that Lee Charnley and Chief Scout Graham Carr will make the decision on who should be the new head coach..

The Chronicle seem to be running different stories every day about what's happening! They're just as clueless as us :lol:

And then in a few weeks' time...

"As the Chronicle reported exclusively on January 3rd..."

Guest chopey

If I was Carr I would be in asking for a big pay rise, he now basically runs the football side of the club apart from training and picking the starting 11.

But some of his statements to the press aren’t helping; before the home game against Toulouse he was calling on his players to remember that good performances this season should earn them a good contract for next season with a different club.

Welcome to Newcastle Remi.

Sounds like Pardew :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Is Lee Ryders list any more than guesswork?

Newcastle - like every other football club - would never go public with a list of managers they wanted and they wouldn't release a statement on such a story. The material you read on ChronicleLive comes from trusted club sources.

:itk:

Is Lee Ryders list any more than guesswork?

Newcastle - like every other football club - would never go public with a list of managers they wanted and they wouldn't release a statement on such a story. The material you read on ChronicleLive comes from trusted club sources.

:itk:

It's just a list combining all the other managers listed by other papers :D

There is absolutely no need to wait and I would rather they appoint someone asap. Obviously it would be better if it was Tuchel instead of Sanchez BUT waiting shouldn't come into it

I don't agree, there might well be some really top manager prospects available in the summer like Tuchel or Garde who won't be allowed to come right now. That is assuming we are interested in those guys. If we could get an agreement from the man we want to come in the summer then I would be prepared to write this season off and let Charver make a fool of himself for the rest of the season. Not easy to watch I admit, but at least there would be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I wouldn't mind Francis Gillot though his wiki page says he is in managing in the Chinese League  :lol:

There is absolutely no need to wait and I would rather they appoint someone asap. Obviously it would be better if it was Tuchel instead of Sanchez BUT waiting shouldn't come into it

I don't agree, there might well be some really top manager prospects available in the summer like Tuchel or Garde who won't be allowed to come right now. That is assuming we are interested in those guys. If we could get an agreement from the man we want to come in the summer then I would be prepared to write this season off and let Charver make a fool of himself for the rest of the season. Not easy to watch I admit, but at least there would be a light at the end of the tunnel.

This.

If we were to wait until the summer to appoint someone like Tuchel or Garde, would they be signing a contract now which doesn't come into effect till the summer?

Or would we just be assuming that they would want to sign in the summer and could lose out in the?

I'd be happy to wait until the summer if it meant we were guaranteed to get the likes of Tuchel, but how can we be?

Also, how embarrassing that every single year we're writing off the season at this point, out of both cups and meandering around mid table. Sick of it.

The rest of the season isn't pointless really.

Carver isn't going to 'make' any of the current players a more valuable asset to then flog in the summer is he?

They'd be better off getting someone in now, at least then they have a chance to increase the value of saleable assets such as Perez during the next few months, finish slightly higher up the table (not too high mind, none of this Europa League shite) to increase the TV/PL money too. Not forgetting Season Ticket renewals that happen to be at the end of January - which fetches in a nice continual revenue stream.

Makes more financial sense for them to appoint half decent ala Southampton model - as soon as possible imo.

Great opportunity to do so.

Will they?

Doubt it.

***note this is purely from the clubs perspective obviously.