Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Guest antz1uk

I think Mainz would allow Tuchel to come now, think they only didn't let him out of his contract as other bundesiga clubs were sniffing around, we are of absolute no threat to them

The bit I read on Garde did come across as if he was a bit of a French Pardieu! which is a little disconcerting

What's Rijkaard doing these days?

Nothing I don't think. Managing Saudi Arabia last I heard?

He's doing whatever this is

Montverde Academy

In 2013, Florida prep school Montverde Academy hired Rijkaard as their Advisor of Player Development.

I think Mainz would allow Tuchel to come now, think they only didn't let him out of his contract as other bundesiga clubs were sniffing around, we are of absolute no threat to them

The bit I read on Garde did come across as if he was a bit of a French Pardieu! which is a little disconcerting

If the report that he's expected to join Stuttgart is true then they may well be happy to release him to another league.

If we are "writing the rest of the season off" once again, then surely now is the perfect time for a new man to come in, spend the next few months experimenting with different young players and formations, and then as soon as the summer transfer window opens he can be ready to give next season a good go. In reality, we will spend most of the summer in negotiations with a manager and start the season with Gouffran and Willo still in the team.

Look at where we are :lol:

Palace have just paid us 3.5m to take our manager but not one of us think we could get Tuchel who has less than 6 months on his contact and isn't being paid by his club. How much could the compensation possibly be?

Sad state of affairs.

Guest Roger Kint

Palace have just paid us 3.5m to take our manager but not one of us think we could get Tuchel who has less than 6 months on his contact and isn't being paid by his club. How much could the compensation possibly be?

Sad state of affairs.

:lol: Really is. I thought being told Winston Reid was far beyond our club was going to be the lowlight of today too

Sad state of affairs.

:thup: could easily get him, compo will be fuck all

Unless Mainz utterly hate the guy and won't let him work anywhere he's got to be attainable like: lol:

Nah fuck it, better go for Lawrie Sanchez just in case

Sad state of affairs.

:thup:

Guest Gino14

I'd be willing to wait to get the right head coach, but is everyone else so sure we can get 38 points?  It only takes a Pardew style run of results like the end of last season and we'll probably scrape relegation rather than 38 points.  Carver really is that bad.

Guest Roger Kint

Suppose it's not quite right to say none of us think we can get him like, obviously some of us do :thup:

I'm caught between. I think we could get him, but we won't make a serious attempt.

If anything he would want to have an actual backroom staff rather than a collection of fat janitors on long contracts that would stop it happening. Can imagine the challenge and his reletive cheapness working for both sides other than that

Guest antz1uk

is there anyone that would take it short term? I'd rather wait for the right coach, but i'd rather not have Carver at all, he really is fucking clueless, it's like giving a manager of a local independent village shop the keys to Selfridges and saying, right off you go, go run that for 6 months

ALthough i still think Tuchel would be perfect and could get him from the get go, plus the coaches in these other leagues, i can't see their compo being that much, it's only the EPL that drives the huge wages for top coaches, £3.5m burning a hole in his back sky rocket

Suppose it's not quite right to say none of us think we can get him like, obviously some of us do :thup:

I'm caught between. I think we could get him, but we won't make a serious attempt.

If anything he would want to have an actual backroom staff rather than a collection of fat janitors on long contracts that would stop it happening. Can imagine the challenge and his reletive cheapness working for both sides other than that

Tend to agree with this, anyone who wants more than a badly-paid assistant is going to be difficult to get.

I'd be willing to wait to get the right head coach, but is everyone else so sure we can get 38 points?  It only takes a Pardew style run of results like the end of last season and we'll probably scrape relegation rather than 38 points.  Carver really is that bad.

Don't think we'll even need 38, based on the season so far 34 or 35 will be enough, we should be able to just about scrape that together.

Slightly encouraging that we haven't already appointed someone s****.

We already have him in place, no need to appoint man :-)

It is amazing with sacking Pardew that we can't even enjoy it properly as we are so worried who the next cunt is. I just hope we don't appoint Carver or another nugget

It is amazing with sacking Pardew that we can't even enjoy it properly as we are so worried who the next cunt is. I just hope we don't appoint Carver or another nugget

Well this was always going to be the issue, just people were desperate enough to roll the dice. Can only hope that the rumours about Carr being closely involved are true, and we've decided to look at some actual managers.

It is amazing with sacking Pardew that we can't even enjoy it properly as we are so worried who the next c*** is. I just hope we don't appoint Carver or another nugget

Well this was always going to be the issue, just people were desperate enough to roll the dice. Can only hope that the rumours about Carr being closely involved are true, and we've decided to look at some actual managers.

Certainly hope so, I trust Carr judging by the players he has managed to source.

It's not that we can't get him. 

It's that we won't try.

We might even try, but we'll want him for nowt if we do

Right. Carr will give Ashley a list, Ashley's minions will then proceed to offer all of the candidates the chance to come work in England for the lowest wages in the entire league.