Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Out of that list in the Chronicle

1a) Tuchel 1b) Galtier 2) Garde 3) Howe 4) McClaren 5) Clement 6) Hoddle

:thup:

In Carr we trust, and Charnley we hope. I am optimistic about this. Have also been optimistic so many times before when we have been left a laughing stock though.

We simply can't wait until season end if you ask me, not with Carver at least. I'd be happy to wait for De Boer in the summer if we got someone half decent to cover in the mean time.. who the hell would for the money we would be willing to give them. Probably Ketsbaia tbh, but we would more likely bring back JFK or hire George Burley.

Think Mainz would absolutely deal with us for Tuchel as we are from outside of Germany, just don't think he is that keen from reports that have already come out.

Which reports? I wasn't aware that he doesn't fancy it much. Has he had a more attractive offer from another club?

More that he isn't willing to come back early and wants to wait to the summer. Just reading in between the lines tbh. Think he is keeping his options open, if he wanted this job you think he would go for it now. maybe not.

Out of that list in the Chronicle

1a) Tuchel 1b) Galtier 2) Garde 3) Howe 4) McClaren 5) Clement 6) Hoddle

In Carr we trust, and Charnley we hope. I am optimistic about this. Have also been optimistic so many times before when we have been left a laughing stock though.

We simply can't wait until season end if you ask me, not with Carver at least. I'd be happy to wait for De Boer in the summer if we got someone half decent to cover in the mean time.. who the hell would for the money we would be willing to give them. Probably Ketsbaia tbh, but we would more likely bring back JFK or hire George Burley.

Think Mainz would absolutely deal with us for Tuchel as we are from outside of Germany, just don't think he is that keen from reports that have already come out.

Which reports? I wasn't aware that he doesn't fancy it much. Has he had a more attractive offer from another club?

More that he isn't willing to come back early and wants to wait to the summer. Just reading in between the lines tbh. Think he is keeping his options open, if he wanted this job you think he would go for it now. maybe not.

Well we'd have to offer the job to him first. He can hardly go for it if we haven't even picked up the phone.

Really hope they start moving on this soon. Driving me mad

expect something on Febuary 3rd right after Sissoko is sold at 10pm deadline day the night before

This. We don't want any new managers getting any crazy ideas like strengthening a shocking back 4. We could do a Leeds you know?

Tuchel was believed to be on Eur 1 million at Mainz (ie about the same as Pardew). So we should (haha) be able offer him more than he was on. I think one of our concerns is that the new Red Bull team in Germany want him (Leipzig).  I did send a twitter message to Rafa Honigstein re Tuchel and he thought Tuchel might have his sights set a bit higher than us - so might be hard to be persuade him.

Guest TruToon94

Paul Clement is the only British coach we should get in really. Getting into the coaching set up at the best club as an Englishman is nothing to be sneered at, especially in this day and age where our nations quality of staff is abysmal. I just have a feeling that if/when he becomes a manager some club will be getting somebody with real quality. Hopefully it will be us.

If not him then a foreign manager has to come in for this club to progress.

Paul Clement is the only British coach we should get in really. Getting into the coaching set up at the best club as an Englishman is nothing to be sneered at, especially in this day and age where our nations quality of staff is abysmal. I just have a feeling that if/when he becomes a manager some club will be getting somebody with real quality. Hopefully it will be us.

If not him then a foreign manager has to come in for this club to progress.

Never been a no1 though has he?

I think we've got to go foreign. We've had a dearth of British managers since Bobby who have done next to fuck all. Bit of a change of culture won't hurt at all.

With the so called list. (Yeah! Course it's legit)

I'd give Clement a shot personally. He's a gamble but is highly rated as a coach.

Given the last three jobs he's been at he'd get instant respect from the players. Coaching the likes of Real Madrid with all their superstars and ego's I'm sure he could handle our Chumpions League squad nee problem.

Just as long as he brings Zizou along as assistant coach. 

I am 100% for Tuchel but i am suprised we haven't seen Nigel Clough's name mentioned if people are thinking of young English managers.  Done decent job at Derby and certainly in the cups doing great with Sheffield United

If he is losing in the first round every time, it could work.

"We reveal the shortlist"

Yeah you and every other arse rag that has spewed out about 8 candidates  :lol:

Let's just name names until someone's hired and the chron can claim credit for bringing it first. They know about as much as the fuckin rest of us.

Lee Ryder is the biggest penis of all as well. The mans got about 4 million ways of responding to a question without actually giving an answer. He might as well just say he doesn't know.