Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Be happy with Garde like

he's the least favoured on mine, he's beginning to read a lot like Pardew from the articles i've looked at

In what way ?

His tactics, concentrating on defending with midfielders, playing strikers out of position etc, Lacazette was used wide last season quite a bit and much less effective, this year with Garde gone he has been used more as a striker with much more effect (highest scorer in lique 1 i think)

They were much more of a threat for the League when he was assistant but when he jumped up to head coach they seem much less of a threat

this article mentions sitting back and inviting pressure and also playing with much more defensive tactics  :undecided:

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/04/28/olympique-lyonnais-the-tactical-debrief/

Pretty sure Garde played Lacazette and Gomis upfront, with a diamond midfield behind them. grenier was just behind the two strikers.

Be happy with Garde like

he's the least favoured on mine, he's beginning to read a lot like Pardew from the articles i've looked at

In what way ?

His tactics, concentrating on defending with midfielders, playing strikers out of position etc, Lacazette was used wide last season quite a bit and much less effective, this year with Garde gone he has been used more as a striker with much more effect (highest scorer in lique 1 i think)

They were much more of a threat for the League when he was assistant but when he jumped up to head coach they seem much less of a threat

this article mentions sitting back and inviting pressure and also playing with much more defensive tactics  :undecided:

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/04/28/olympique-lyonnais-the-tactical-debrief/

Aye, don't like the sound of the negative tactics mentioned in that article, however it also says he's a intelligent, knowledgeable, likeable man, which sounds like Pardews exact opposite.  Even a likeable manager who can implement defensive tactics effectively and actually have the brains to work out a real game plan and tactics still sounds great compared to the shit we've been putting up with.

Maybe not my first choice, but right now I'd still jump at the chance to get him considering what Ashley may end up choosing instead.  I mean Tuchel sounds great, but if that's not happening I'd still be extremely happy with Garde.

Don't think we will end up with Garde, fact it has been put out there makes me think we aren't that interested. That said, could just be because fuck all has happened from our end on anything.

Tuchel , Galtier, Clement ,Garde in that order for me. Really impressed with the articles i have read on clement. All of those names would be fantastic. Garde just seems the least exciting. Beggars can't be choosers though.

Don't think we will end up with Garde, fact it has been put out there makes me think we aren't that interested. That said, could just be because fuck all has happened from our end on anything.

Tuchel , Galtier, Clement ,Garde in that order for me. Really impressed with the articles i have read on clement. All of those names would be fantastic. Garde just seems the least exciting. Beggars can't be choosers though.

Is kind of how I'm feeling right now. Strange really, considering how excited I think we'd all have been if, for instance, Pardew left and we got Garde in straight away, I think that would have led to lots of optimism.

I just feel now the whole thing has dragged on a while, we're perhaps overanalysing his record, his stats, playing style etc and forming pre conceived opinions of how he MIGHT turn out given that he's the most talked about candidate at this moment in time.

Let's be honest though, he's not Pardew or Carver - get him in.

Guest reefatoon

So it's looking like a 4 horse race, wonder which one we will be able to get over the line . . . .

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/072009/1246883901_running.gif

So it's looking like a 4 horse race, wonder which one we will be able to get over the line . . . .

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/072009/1246883901_running.gif

That looks exactly like how we would choose a manager.

Garde is better than Galtier from a style point of view, I don't what about these reports people find negative but he's a very good coach.

Also Galtier is very pragmatic, he adjusts his style to the players he has there's been times when his team has looked good like when they had Aubameyang but right now they are a very negative team because they lack talent.

At the end of the day though both of them are miles better than anything we have had in years which isn't hard but still. I'd be fucking delighted with either of them but remain pessimistic until an appointment is made.

Garde is better than Galtier from a style point of view, I don't what about these reports people find negative but he's a very good coach.

Also Galtier is very pragmatic, he adjusts his style to the players he has there's been times when his team has looked good like when they had Aubameyang but right now they are a very negative team because they lack talent.

At the end of the day though both of them are miles better than anything we have had in years which isn't hard but still. I'd be f***ing delighted with either of them but remain pessimistic until an appointment is made.

Interesting, I always felt Galtier was stylistically better. I know Garde continues to receive major support from Wenger, mind you.

People worrying about Garde after a few of those articles need to just look at it from the point of view that Garde's career as manager has shown 1 common thing - results. He's a damn good manager - a football man who is respected, respectful (very important) and would have us at least in the top 8 every season.

So are we aimlessly moving along without a new guy (unless in reality he's already been appointed and took charge of the last two games). How come it takes West Brom a mere couple of days to sort out their vacancy yet for us it's a long drawn out process.

So are we aimlessly moving along without a new guy (unless in reality he's already been appointed and took charge of the last two games). How come it takes West Brom a mere couple of days to sort out their vacancy yet for us it's a long drawn out process.

Everyone knew that Alan Irvine was going to be sacked - it was just a case of when so you would expect West Brom to already have a short list drawn up - and may have acted quickly to pre-empt any interest we might have had in their preferred candidate. 

I am not so sure when our lot first knew that Pardew would be leaving but as we rarely seem to plan in advance, we probably waited until Pardew's deal was completely finalised before starting to think about what to do next.

The delay is probably due to the word going out amongst the management fraternity.  No one wants to work under the present set up and Carver is the only one prepared to kiss the ring.

Very good find

How did he do well, produce decent teams and get good results though when he had little spending money and his star players sold? We've been told the last 3 years Pardew can't work in those conditions?

So harsh to be working in an environment where you are handed: HBA, Abeid, Marveaux, Cabaye, Ba, Santon, Cisse, Bigi, Anita, Debuchy, MYM, Haidara, Sissoko, Remy, Ayoze, De Jong, Cabella, Janmaat and basically you decide you don't like: HBA, Marveaux, Bigi, Anita, MYM, Cabella and you cut 4 of them lose and moan left right & center about not having Cabaye while you've been handed all those fucking players and still can only finish 5th one time, nearly relegate us 1 time and blame Europa League, have us in nothing land the other 2 times, no progress in domestic cups, no progress in youth development, claim you can play front front attacking football and then play defensive wingers who aren't good enough and claim your hands are fucking tied and blame everyone but yourself.

In that Reluctant Messiah book about KK, he said over and over, when his team lost it was 100% on him. It's never, ever, ever Pardew's fault, signs of a brilliant leader.