Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Laudrup's odds down from 66/1 to 8/1 today

my first choice

He record at Swansea wasn't great….

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/66049000/jpg/_66049127_017323309-1.jpg

That means nothing.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01530/portsmouth_1530505c.jpg

His win % at Swansea was 34.52%, that is worse than Pardew at Newcastle.

my first choice

That means nothing.

Aye who wants to win one of those trophy things, worthless them.

my first choice

That means nothing.

Aye who wants to win one of those trophy things, worthless them.

My point is winning a cup doesn't necessarily make them a good manager.

I can't get my head around so many journalists dismissing Tuchel as a viable option for a short term appointment. Yes, he is apparently tied in a contract with Mainz until the end of the season, but surely, if he was interested of course, Mainz would be more than willing to negotiate on that score. I'm confident they would rather receives some money for him and see him leave the country than move to a rival Bundesliga team for free in a few months. Providing the "lists of candidates" are somewhat correct, that makes two excellent candidates available immediately. We just got 3.5m for Pardew for crying out loud, I'm sure we could afford to get a good manager in now and arrange whatever they need in terms of backroom staff a few months down the line if they are currently in a job they don't want to leave mid season.

I have no doubt that if we fail to appoint anyone short term they will tell us that it is beneficial to wait until the summer when our first choice candidates are available, only to see all of them turn us down, and we'll happily give John Carver the job permanently. It's now or never for a creditable appointment - there are at least two excellent candidates available.

You and me both… I think he is a better option than Garde anyway.  I would love to see us pay up whatever Mainz want and just get him in now.

I can't get my head around so many journalists dismissing Tuchel as a viable option for a short term appointment. Yes, he is apparently tied in a contract with Mainz until the end of the season, but surely, if he was interested of course, Mainz would be more than willing to negotiate on that score. I'm confident they would rather receives some money for him and see him leave the country than move to a rival Bundesliga team for free in a few months. Providing the "lists of candidates" are somewhat correct, that makes two excellent candidates available immediately. We just got 3.5m for Pardew for crying out loud, I'm sure we could afford to get a good manager in now and arrange whatever they need in terms of backroom staff a few months down the line if they are currently in a job they don't want to leave mid season.

I have no doubt that if we fail to appoint anyone short term they will tell us that it is beneficial to wait until the summer when our first choice candidates are available, only to see all of them turn us down, and we'll happily give John Carver the job permanently. It's now or never for a creditable appointment - there are at least two excellent candidates available.

You and me both… I think he is a better option than Garde anyway.  I would love to see us pay up whatever Mainz want and just get him in now.

maximum 6 months left on any 'contract' agreement he had with Mainz, how fucking much could that possibly be worth in compo, 250,000 Euro or something?  it's a shame we can't spend anything at all ever due to the cast iron certainty of doing a leeds or portsmouth

maximum 6 months left on any 'contract' agreement he had with Mainz, how f***ing much could that possibly be worth in compo, 250,000 Euro or something?  it's a shame we can't spend anything at all ever due to the cast iron certainty of doing a leeds or portsmouth

Think he was thought to be on about EUR 1 million - so I'd imagine something between EUR 250,000 - 500,000.  About what we spent on Rob Elliot.

I would really want us to get him in now - let him get a feel of the place and what he has to work with.

maximum 6 months left on any 'contract' agreement he had with Mainz, how f***ing much could that possibly be worth in compo, 250,000 Euro or something?  it's a shame we can't spend anything at all ever due to the cast iron certainty of doing a leeds or portsmouth

Think he was thought to be on about EUR 1 million - so I'd imagine something between EUR 250,000 - 500,000.  About what we spent on Rob Elliot.

I would really want us to get him in now - let him get a feel of the place and what he has to work with.

was he not having a year off football as well or something though?  decided he was taking a year away

Tuchel doesn't recieve a salary, and doesn't cost Mainz anything. There is a fee in the agreement he made with Mainz if another club wants to sign him before the summer, but that fee will be the same no matter if it's one year or one day left of the contract. Tuchel decided to sign this settlement with Mainz, since he planned to take a year off anyway.

If it is, as was implied in yesterday's chronicle story that we are waiting till the end of the season, then De Boer or Galtier for me please. Of course theyare not going to come if we are in the championship which we will be if Carver is left in charge for the rest of the season.

Tuchel doesn't recieve a salary, and doesn't cost Mainz anything. There is a fee in the agreement he made with Mainz if another club wants to sign him before the summer, but that fee will be the same no matter if it's one year or one day left of the contract. Tuchel decided to sign this settlement with Mainz, since he planned to take a year off anyway.

What's the source for him wanting a year out of football anyway. Are you not confusing him with Garde?

If it is, as was implied in yesterday's chronicle story that we are waiting till the end of the season, then De Boer or Galtier for me please. Of course theyare not going to come if we are in the championship which we will be if Carver is left in charge for the rest of the season.

Is Galtier not meant to be a very defensive and negative coach in a similar vein to Pardew tactically?  I'm just asking because I remember reports on here saying that about him, might be wrong and you might know better?