Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Ian Abrahams (Moose)

@BroadcastMoose

Hearing tonight there is a possibility Bernd Schuster could be the next Newcastle manager

Mystery candidate? His managerial record, with the notable exception of Madrid, looks pretty awful. But plays attacking football, according to wiki, so fine with me.

Although given what charnley said about conduct off the field of the new head coach, I doubt they'd go for Schuster. Seems a right provocative bastard

Went from 100/1 to 4/1 all off the back of that tweet. The talkshite mob are renowned to like a bet and using there powers to influence the market in their favour. Wankers.

Guest zicomartin

Shyster's record last year.

11 Malaga 38 8 2 9 24 21 4 7 8 15 25 -7 45

11th place, 45 points, 31.5% wins, -7 goal diff.

Canned after 1 season, plenty to get excited about, there.  :frantic:

Thomas Tuchel speaking in English (17mins & 39mins) on his philosophy of football and other stuff.

Its over a year old, but interesting nonetheless.

https://player.fm/series/5-live-sport-specials/5lspecials-what-germany-did-next-10-oct-13

Nothing like Alan f***ing Pardew, obviously. 

:fwap:

I don't know why we are getting excited about this guy because its blatantly obvious we aren't going to be able to attract him.

Tuchel doesn't recieve a salary, and doesn't cost Mainz anything. There is a fee in the agreement he made with Mainz if another club wants to sign him before the summer, but that fee will be the same no matter if it's one year or one day left of the contract. Tuchel decided to sign this settlement with Mainz, since he planned to take a year off anyway.

What's the source for him wanting a year out of football anyway. Are you not confusing him with Garde?

Sorry, but don't have any source. Didn't confuse him with Garde though. I know very little about Garde, but I follow Bundesliga very closely. Read it in some interview last summer/autumn, but don't remember where. The reason he quit was that he felt he had given Mainz everything he could, and that he didn't think he would be able to improve them anymore. He thought the club needed new energy and it was best both for them and him that he quit. But even if lots of clubs been interested in him, his agent have said he won't manage any new team until 2015 (so he might be interested already now, but it sounded more like he meant this summer when the settlement ends). Also Heidel (Mainz manager, more like a DoF in Bundesliga) said at the time Tuchel was going to take some time off.

Really doubt we'd have to pay all three of them 5 full years like, I'm sure they'd accept a couple of years pay and being allowed to then go off and earn on top somewhere else.  Not that £2m should be anything to cry over anyway when we've just received £3.5m for the cunt.