Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Tuchel doesn't recieve a salary, and doesn't cost Mainz anything. There is a fee in the agreement he made with Mainz if another club wants to sign him before the summer, but that fee will be the same no matter if it's one year or one day left of the contract. Tuchel decided to sign this settlement with Mainz, since he planned to take a year off anyway.

What's the source for him wanting a year out of football anyway. Are you not confusing him with Garde?

Sorry, but don't have any source. Didn't confuse him with Garde though. I know very little about Garde, but I follow Bundesliga very closely. Read it in some interview last summer/autumn, but don't remember where. The reason he quit was that he felt he had given Mainz everything he could, and that he didn't think he would be able to improve them anymore. He thought the club needed new energy and it was best both for them and him that he quit. But even if lots of clubs been interested in him, his agent have said he won't manage any new team until 2015 (so he might be interested already now, but it sounded more like he meant this summer when the settlement ends). Also Heidel (Mainz manager, more like a DoF in Bundesliga) said at the time Tuchel was going to take some time off.

Fair enough. Hadn't seen it mentioned before.

Not exactly crap is it? All they are saying is we'd have to pay them off to get the right man which is most likely true.

Not that we will.

Crap as in no decision until the hull game and we it'd be a 2 million compensation bill to bin the clowns currently in charge.

WTF?!!  "All three have looked after the team...and have worked with the players on the trainig field since pardew made the switch...."

There's a fucking revolutionary idea... trainers on the training pitch! What next? Start training with footballs?

I imagine its reduced pay off. Ain't no fucking way this skint fucking owner would allow for a contract for full fees of termination, there would be some reduced liquidated damages cost of a year or 2 IMO.

Chron just see, oh, contract is for X years - gotta pay them all that, lykkk

Good god why have we done fuck all still... This fucking clubs management fuck.

Right now the one underlying priority and need is getting someone in that isn't Carver.

Preferably a permanent candidate comes in now, but failing that I am happy for an interim til seasons end and get a new boss in May. Anything but keep charver from letting us nosedived into the relegation zone.

I think ultimately the club would prefer someone that is willing to have the three stooges as part of their staff. It's clear they hate handing out money.

I called this about 10 pages ago. It's such an obvious Ashley move and I reckon that's what could have scuppered any potential deal for Garde.

Chronicle's piece about massive payoffs - can't help but think it's a deliberate ploy from the club to scare supporters into acceptance of staying with Carver.

Who'd be needing a massive payoff? Galtier or McLaren?

Chronicle's piece about massive payoffs - can't help but think it's a deliberate ploy from the club to scare supporters into acceptance of staying with Carver.

Who'd be needing a massive payoff? Galtier or McLaren?

Carver, Woodman and Stone - all contracted until 2020.

He got sacked by Malaga cos they failed to finish in the top half of la liga.  Sounds just the man for us.........

Doesn't tend to stay at clubs for more than a couple of seasons. Hardly one for the long term either. The saga continues.