Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

My number one pick would be Lucien Favre. Time and time again he exceeds expectation, playing cracking football with a limited budget.

All aboard the Favre, erm...bus?

I thought it was Brett Favre when I looked at the  list.

Would love it if Jémez managed you. Absolute polar opposite of Pardew.

tumblr_inline_n2qw08fjZB1rmc4sl.gif

He's easily one of the most positive and gung-ho managers I have ever seen. He actually gets a lot of flak for going to places like the Bernabéu and Camp Nou and attacking form the get-go, meaning Rayo gets stuffed often. He's amazingly upbeat, though, and makes a strong point of *never* changing his ways even in the face of relegation danger or to play for a draw in a tough game. He always plays to win. And it's worked for Rayo so far.

Rayo's the only team that has won the possession stat against Barça since 2008 IIRC.

10 most likely ones below, I think.

Free:

Laudrup

Moyes

McKay

Di Matteo

O'Leary

Sherwood

Likely but not free:

Pulis

Ketsbaia

Howe

Dyche

I prefer the free ones out of that list.

Guest Roger Kint

Moyes or Hitzfeld. Both out of our league.

Might as well ignore Laudrup too. Not a hope in hell he would see out the first transfer window under Ashley

We could always do what Southampton and Swansea did, and go for a promising young coach who wants a crack at the premier. Assuming we don't want to pay what it takes to hire a proven one.

Guest zicomartin

Im saving a vote for Paco 'we're gonna score more goals than you' Jémez.  :knuppel2:

He's easily one of the most positive and gung-ho managers I have ever seen. He actually gets a lot of flak for going to places like the Bernabéu and Camp Nou and attacking form the get-go, meaning Rayo gets stuffed often. He's amazingly upbeat, though, and makes a strong point of *never* changing his ways even in the face of relegation danger or to play for a draw in a tough game. He always plays to win. And it's worked for Rayo so far.

Rayo's the only team that has won the possession stat against Barça since 2008 IIRC.

I've been very impressed. Tbh he could do better than us, even in La Liga. Surely one of the sides with a chance for 4th next season will take a punt?

I've been very impressed. Tbh he could do better than us, even in La Liga. Surely one of the sides with a chance for 4th next season will take a punt?

All those sides' managers are safe, I believe. Valencia have surged under Pizzi even though it's been too little to late, so my bet is that he'll stay for the next season, Emery's in an European final and has managed to sneak Sevilla in the EL, Villarreal and Real Sociedad have had decent seasons, Athletic have managed CL football for the first time in two decades... can't see an opening.