Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Moyes wants the job according to tomorrow's mirror.

I know many people think he wouldn't come here but I think he'd jump at the chance. He needs to rebuild his career in the premier and a high profile club like Newcastle is probably as good an offer as he will get. I don't think any of the big clubs would be in for him after what happened at Man U. Personally I think he'll struggle with Carr's players for the same reason as Pardew. He's a defensive manager with old fashioned ideas.

Don't want any British manager in an ideal world, much rather look abroad for someone with fresh ideas rather than your typical tried and failed journeyman doing the rounds over here. Current circumstances though I'm not arsed, would even have someone like David O'Leary here over cunt.

I know many people think he wouldn't come here but I think he'd jump at the chance. He needs to rebuild his career in the premier and a high profile club like Newcastle is probably as good an offer as he will get. I don't think any of the big clubs would be in for him after what happened at Man U. Personally I think he'll struggle with Carr's players for the same reason as Pardew. He's a defensive manager with old fashioned ideas.

in theory but heres the key problem, Mike Ashley. Mike Ashley who doesn't want to try in the slightest in the cups or compete for europe or compete in any meaningful fashion just exist to advertise sports direct. Now if your Moyes why the fuck would you go for that when there's literally almost any other club in the premier league who would try to compete or try in the cups, let him make his own transfers and pay him more. Also his next job is vital for his career to proverbially say the man utd thing wasn't his fault but a club issue etc and he's still an excellent manager-the best way to do that is win a trophy. He can do a lot better than here.

in theory but heres the key problem, Mike Ashley. Mike Ashley who doesn't want to try in the slightest in the cups or compete for europe or compete in any meaningful fashion just exist to advertise sports direct. Now if your Moyes why the fuck would you go for that when there's literally almost any other club in the premier league who would try to compete or try in the cups, let him make his own transfers and pay him more. Also his next job is vital for his career to proverbially say the man utd thing wasn't his fault but a club issue etc and he's still an excellent manager-the best way to do that is win a trophy. He can do a lot better than here.

Which better clubs will he be waiting on? Let's have some examples.

As someone who is now exiled in Bournemouth, I'd love to see Eddie Howe get a crack at a big club. Plays good football, can operate on a shoestring, players seem happy to run through walls for him.

What he's done at Bournemouth in two spells has been remarkable.

As someone who is now exiled in Bournemouth, I'd love to see Eddie Howe get a crack at a big club. Plays good football, can operate on a shoestring, players seem happy to run through walls for him.

What he's done at Bournemouth in two spells has been remarkable.

Used to live there until last year. Whereabouts are you? Lived in Westbourne and then Springbourne.

Don't think that'd be the case at all. For one, Pardew is an idiot and Moyes is not. He'd have us playing coherent football again.

He's a defensive manager with old fashioned ideas.

Like winning games by scoring goals and not letting them in, how retro.

Moyes is no less progressive in his approach than your hero at Liverpool.

Anyone who can't see what Rodgers has brought to Liverpool needs their eyes tested.

I just want someone whose 80's and 90's ideas don't harm us. The innovative limitations among some sporting directors in England is ridiculous.

The standard names in and around the Premier League are pretty much cut from the same cloth, confused 4-4-2 men with no idea on how to adapt their methods and principles to the modern game, but rather stubborn and conservative. Wingers who cross for two strikers, tough tacklers in midfield, center-backs who win headers. Their practice of these ideas work to different degrees, Pardew, McLeish, Souness etc. are obviously different from Moyes, Hughes and Redknapp in that their idea of football is too ill-informed and their ability to inspire a team is non-existant. The rest of them come with glass ceiling too though.

The way forward is to get someone who's from the lower divisions who's been educated in the spill-overs from the international influx in England (like Eddie Howe), or from abroad.

Guest TruToon94

Nobody is worse than Alan Pardew. Pulis, Curbishly and all the others are still a lot better than Pardew is.

Don't dread Pardew getting sacked because he really is the worst manager in PL history. He's right at the bottom of the pile of s****. Unless we re-hire him our new manager will be better.