Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Annoying to me is that a manager who excites fans would keep people at bay from all this s***, just play decent football and have the team attempt to win each match. The league's standard is so crap we'd automatically finish 10-14 place and Mike Ashley could keep spending the way he does.

Kanji :thup: we are such an easy fix. It's so frustrating.

Not saying that is what I want either, let me be clear, I look at the likes of Everton, Dortmund, Atletico etc - clubs who clearly don't have same cash as the other teams but through proper, infrastructure, scouting, youth policy, and an exciting galvanizing type manager who plays good football (EVE, BVB) or effective football (AM) and that's where I know and feel we could be.

I want to be Newcastle United, the club who pushes for top 5 every season, the club with a maverick manager who plays great (or effective) football, one who get's the crowd, shows the same passion the fans have, and the players love to play for, one who takes guys like Remy Cabella or Hatem Ben Arfa and unleashes them on to the world...and hey, we may lose to Liverpool 4-2 at Anfield, but come to SJP - we'll be fucking rocking and we'll put on a show and play them off the park for 3 points.

Yeah I get it mate. I just meant writing a lot of the wrongs could easily be done. We should still aspire beyond that of course.

Yeah we are on the same page, just wanted to make my point clear where I think we should be.

Annoying to me is that a manager who excites fans would keep people at bay from all this s***, just play decent football and have the team attempt to win each match. The league's standard is so crap we'd automatically finish 10-14 place and Mike Ashley could keep spending the way he does.

Not saying that is what I want either, let me be clear, I look at the likes of Everton, Dortmund, Atletico etc - clubs who clearly don't have same cash as the other teams but through proper, infrastructure, scouting, youth policy, and an exciting galvanizing type manager who plays good football (EVE, BVB) or effective football (AM) and that's where I know and feel we could be.

I want to be Newcastle United, the club who pushes for top 5 every season, the club with a maverick manager who plays great (or effective) football, one who get's the crowd, shows the same passion the fans have, and the players love to play for, one who takes guys like Remy Cabella or Hatem Ben Arfa and unleashes them on to the world...and hey, we may lose to Liverpool 4-2 at Anfield, but come to SJP - we'll be fucking rocking and we'll put on a show and play them off the park for 3 points.

That'll do me too. ('kin delusional geordies, want too much!)

I want to be Newcastle United, the club who pushes for top 5 every season, the club with a maverick manager who plays great (or effective) football, one who get's the crowd, shows the same passion the fans have, and the players love to play for, one who takes guys like Remy Cabella or Hatem Ben Arfa and unleashes them on to the world...and hey, we may lose to Liverpool 4-2 at Anfield, but come to SJP - we'll be f***ing rocking and we'll put on a show and play them off the park for 3 points.

Spot on, that's my feelings as well, if we aren't going to try and win things at least give us some exciting football to watch and like you say the league is so average we will finish mid table/top half anyway.

I want to be Newcastle United, the club who pushes for top 5 every season, the club with a maverick manager who plays great (or effective) football, one who get's the crowd, shows the same passion the fans have, and the players love to play for, one who takes guys like Remy Cabella or Hatem Ben Arfa and unleashes them on to the world...and hey, we may lose to Liverpool 4-2 at Anfield, but come to SJP - we'll be f***ing rocking and we'll put on a show and play them off the park for 3 points.

and these clubs automatically the clubs you want to see and cheer.

Never thought i would enjoy Dortmund this much. But are doing great all over

Steve Bruce would be a good fit for Newcastle

He said it was disrespectful to be touted for the job with Alan Pardew still in the hot seat at St James'. Yet he didn't rule it out in the future.

Deep down there will be part of Bruce -- a boyhood Toon fan -- that wants to lead out the black and whites as boss. Bruce will have family at the game and knows he will enjoy his post-match beer back in the North-East if he can pull off another win against the Magpies in their own backyard.

Putting aside his Sunderland links, he's scored a few points in recent times with Newcastle fans. Taking Steve Harper and Hatem Ben Arfa to the KC Stadium at Hull shows he appreciates the values of players who still have something to offer, whether on the field or off it.

If he gets the best out of Ben Arfa he will certainly tick a box for some Geordie fans. Throw in the fact that he won promotion with Hull, stabilised the Tigers and reached an FA Cup final last term, plus a brief stint in Europe, and he hasn't done a bad job.

If anything, it's probably one of the best he's done as manager since hanging up his boots. His stock in management could rise even higher if he gets a famous result at Newcastle on Saturday afternoon. In my opinion, rather than being nervous, he will be rubbing his hands at the idea.

Bruce knows St James' Park inside out to start with, but with Harper and Ben Arfa by his side, he can tap even deeper into the knowledge and mastermind another win.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/newcastle-united/361/blog/post/2042930/steve-bruce-would-be-a-good-fit-for-newcastlebut-fans-should-be-wary?

Oh, that Steve Harper that was part of the infamous 'Player's Union' that got Hughton sacked and all members of were either released, sold, or made to rot in the reserves.

Well researched there.

How did the players get Hughton sacked?

Those players were sold because they cared about the club and wanted to see it do well. They've deliberately been replaced with timid nobodies who couldn't care less.

Harper, Enrique, Nolan, Cabaye, Barton, HBA, Ba - all players who publically stated they wanted the best for NUFC, whether they were good enough or not, all players shoved out the door unceremoniously.

Krul will be next.

I think throwing Cabaye, Ba, Enrique and Barton in there is going a bit too far.

Cabaye and Ba, I'd accept. Barton and Enrique no, even if the former shouldn't have been here in the first place.

Anyway, if you stand up to the powers that be, you're out.