Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I think the only reason Blanc is on there is because he was the French national manager because honestly he's every bit as negative as Pardew is.

He would be hounded out rather quickly :lol:

There's also that controversy when he was taped in a meeting agreeing with keeping the percentage of non-whites in the French academies at or below 30%. Something like that anyway. Given we have HBA, Sissoko, MYM, Marveaux and Obertan in the squad, i'm not sure how that would go down.

A manager who could get the best out of our top players (and is tactically astute) and is up for the challenge and fight against your Man City (a) of the world. 

Honestly no idea, but someone punching above their weight in their league with less investment than the big boys. So if thats someone from Spain, Portugal, France, or Germany - bring them on.

Their youth teams play the same way, I don't know if that's true as I just made it up, but it would make perfect sense.

:lol: I was actually thinking "Did he just make that up?"

You're right though, it would make sense to drum a footballing philosophy into players from start to finish.

it's an argument often done, drum a philosophy in or get the best from what you have, if you have a young shearer on the books but he doesn't fit the philosophy what happens ?

Guest bimpy474

Their youth teams play the same way, I don't know if that's true as I just made it up, but it would make perfect sense.

You're right though, it would make sense to drum a footballing philosophy into players from start to finish.

it's an argument often done, drum a philosophy in or get the best from what you have, if you have a young shearer on the books but he doesn't fit the philosophy what happens ?

A good manager will adapt that young player, train him to blend into his vision. As that young un would have been playing the system that the 1st team play in the Underling teams, already learning.

I can dream cant i ? :lol:

Bielsa or Rudi Garcia for me. Mourinho would never come as no doubt he's on the verge of getting either the Man Utd or Chelsea job, also PSG seem to be interested in him. As much as I'd like him I don't think we stand a chance until he has managed one or two more giant clubs.

Not that any of this matters though, Pardew will be our manager next season.

Guest bimpy474

Bielsa or Rudi Garcia for me. Mourinho would never come as no doubt he's on the verge of getting either the Man Utd or Chelsea job, also PSG seem to be interested in him. As much as I'd like him I don't think we stand a chance until he has one or two more giant clubs.

Not that any of this matters though, Pardew will be our manager next season.

We stay up and he certainly will be, then it'll be sorted by the start we have.

A good manager will adapt that young player, train him to blend into his vision. As that young un would have been playing the system that the 1st team play in the Underling teams, already learning.

i think you are pushing too much on what managers can do.

Guest bimpy474

Really, the one thing i would have thought (managers who use the same system most of the time i mean), would have all their teams playing the same way, so players can slot into the 1st team already knowing the shape, system, style etc.

Not sure Bielsa would come either tbh plus he's a f*cking nutter.

Tactically and personally :lol:

Attacking and successful football.

How many trophies has he won  :shifty: but seriously i agree there is slim to none chance of him coming.

Mind you that can be said about a lot of people, its difficult to determine who would be obtainable and who wouldn't of the top of my head.

Maybe Ashley's job is harder than i give him credit for  :frantic:

I continue to think that with how shrewd and calculated we are from a scouting and player recruitment perspective - outsiders look in and admire our ability to acquire these talented players for the prices we do.

Then you look at us from an actual playing side and AP is terribly letting the recruitment side down with where we are in the league, poor tactics and football.

It just seems like our missing piece is the manager - he just doesn't fit the way everything looks about our club. Maybe he did last season with how we finished and his more fearless outlook - but the man is a shadow of what he was in terms of his confidence and ability to boost the general public's opinion of him or the team.

Bring in a man who looks at our squad, sees our potential and how to utilize the talent we have and looks at the top of the table down and is fearless.

Your Bielsa, Rudi Garcia, Jorge Jesus' of the world (and many of the managers out there) would seem to be ideal for us.

One can only dream I guess - I haven't a clue who would come here mind :lol:

Really, the one thing i would have thought (managers who use the same system most of the time i mean), would have all their teams playing the same way, so players can slot into the 1st team already knowing the shape, system, style etc.

yes but sayyou have a barcelona playing style without the barcelona finance and have an andy carroll or shearer coming through the ranks. do you create whats best to get the best from them or keep on with the philosophy ?

Whilst this is pointless, I currently have nothing better to do, so my two choices:

First choice, Roberto Martinez. Laid the foundations for the way Swansea currently play (and through which Rodgers and Laudrup have received many plaudits), and is doing a similarly good job at Wigan given the style of play (even if they get relegated, which means little given that they've always been relegation candidates because that's the standard the club will always be at). From Wiki "Martínez obtained a bachelor's degree in physiotherapy.[1] He also has a postgraduate diploma in business management" - don't know how useful those qualifications are, but they sound pretty impressive for a football manager.

Second choice, Frank Rijkaard. CL and La Liga winner with Barcelona, semi finals with Holland in the Euro's at the start of his management career, good age (50), coaches attacking football and likes players to express themselves (which for me makes him much more desirable than the likes of Benitez), has operated in a DoF system before, is currently available, has experience of managing in various countries/continents with mixed success, and might be at the stage of his managerial career where he both wants and needs to re-establish himself as a good calibre manager by taking on a club he can build. And leave a decent budget aside so he gets the right assistants in too (Neeskins was apparently the key assistant during Rijkaard's Barca tenure). No Premiership experience makes him a gamble certainly, but it's the type of gamble I'd want us to take as if he did hit it off with this squad we could be pretty damn sexy given the players we have. I also think he'd be a decent pull for prospective signings as he's a massive name and he'll forever be associated with being the manager of the Ronaldinho/pre-Guardiola Barcelona team. Unfortunately, Sir Bobby aside, this club has a track record since the Keegan era for being pretty insular when recruiting managers in terms of only going for those with prior Premiership experience (Dalglish, Gullitt, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Keegan v2, JFK, Hughton, Pardew), and I doubt this'll change anytime soon - which means Rijkaard would never  be an option even if pigs were to fly and Pardew was to get sacked this season.

Martinez, and giving him time, would not be a bad shout, really.

I wasn't impressed when we were linked with him post Houllier, but a year of DeathByMcLeish and a year of nerve-shredding rebuilding has made me realise that it would actually have been a good appointment.