Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Think Rafa is a viable option. May not suit everyone's taste but he's free at the end of the season, wants to stay in England and is someone who could take us forward,

No, he bottles it in my opinion. At Liverpool with the 'Fact' when he was under pressure during a title race, now at Chelsea where the camera is always on him. I just don't think he's suited to jobs where he can't go about his business without much attention, Newcastle is not the club for him.

When deciding this, the controlling factor is who would take the job ; given a free hand, Mourinho would be the stand-out candidate.....proven record and probably has a soft spot for NUFC because of the time he spent with SBR and knows of Sir Bobby's obvious affection for the club - he knows what could be achieved....

In the real world, Mourinho would be a non-starter because he has the choice of clubs who would spend far more than Ashley and Co over a long period and he knows that he would be given more control of the budget.

Ashley wouldn't meet his wage demands under any circumstances....

I would back Mick's choice of Laudrup but I think that the compensation package Swansea would demand rules him out for obvious reasons - otherwise I reckon he would be a good choice given his age and record at a smaller club. He will be in demand by other top clubs in summer.

Martinez has blotted his copybook big time after his ludicrous defence of McManaman's tackle on Haidara - trying to pour oil on waters is one thing, lying is another..also, the history between Whelan and Ashley would make this an expensive and difficult appointment - no problem with Martinez' style of play or keeping Wigan in the PL which is like getting NUFC into a EL spot...he's done it more than once, too.

Of all the names on the list, Moyes would be the one I would try for - not too expensive to sign, proven record at Everton despite very tight finances and undoubtedly ready for a move now. Even getting Moyes would be far from easy as there will be competition from other clubs - he could also be a dark horse for replacing Fergie at Man U as Ferguson holds him in high regard and Man U have a history of choosing slightly unfancied candidates as manager.

An outside choice for me would be Guus Hiddink - top class manager who has managed all over the world, mostly successfully and can get the best out of his players...unlike the current incumbent..!

Would be short-term because of his age, but may get us into a trophy-winning situation before he left and that would make it easier to get a good younger manager to replace him.

This afternoon's result/performance will tell us whether this thread will be on-going......

I'd give Leonardo Jardim a shot. It would be nice to get a better English tactician, but the scene for domestic managers is a wasteland. I'm not a fan of Jol at all (if he would even want to manage us) and I don't think Roberto Martínez is competent enough for any team aiming to finish in the European slots each season. My preference among the listed coaches would be Montanier, by some distance. The rest are mediocre/unrealistic.

I think we should stick with Pardew, and see how things go next season (assuming we stay up), when we should have a much better squad than the one that started this campaign.

Of the alternatives, I've always liked Martinez, but I'm tempted by Ketsbaia, on the reasoning that maybe a nutter will succeed where everyone else has failed.

No matter how good the players we will/could have next season Pardew wont get the best out of them anyway. He's simply clueless when it comes to get them playing nice football as a team.

Makes awful mistakes and decisions all the time as well. And i don't like the bloke at all anyway.

Just a waste of time! Get rid and move on before it get's even worse...

The poll has a case of the Pardews :anguish:

The discussion in this thread is painful like.

Like how the most desired replacement is someone the majority of voters almost certainly haven't got a fucking clue about anarl. So hipster.

Guest bimpy474

Is Montanier out of contract this summer?

No idea but i can't see him being too expensive to get, he not going to be in the millions release clause area imo.

Is Montanier out of contract this summer?

No idea but i can't see him being too expensive to get, he not going to be in the millions release clause area imo.

Wiki says he was given a 2 year contract when he joined in 2011. You'd think Socidedad would be offering him a new, more lucrative deal.