Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Philippe Montanier.

What's the crack with him? His wiki page doesn't say much?

Real Sociedad manager they are looking like finishing in top 4 in Spain and beat Malaga convincely today.

I have seen them a few times and they play great stuff.

I would bite my hand off for someone like that, but all seems very unlikely all things considered.

Guest bimpy474

Philippe Montanier.

French, young, his teams play good football,  has done well in most of his jobs and he wouldn't be expensive.

It's the good football i like, if you watch Real Sociedad you'll know what i mean.

Philippe Montanier.

French, young, his teams play good football,  has done well in most of his jobs and he wouldn't be expensive.

It's the good football i like, if you watch Real Sociedad you'll know what i mean.

Maybe he could bring Greizmann along. :smitten:

Guest bimpy474

Philippe Montanier.

Ah yes, now him i like.... :snod:

Guest bimpy474

Philippe Montanier.

Real Sociedad manager they are looking like finishing in top 4 in Spain and beat Malaga convincely today.

I have seen them a few times and they play great stuff.

I would bite my hand off for someone like that, but all seems very unlikely all things considered.

O0

Philippe Montanier.

I'd take Inigo Martinez as well tbh.

Rafa anyone?

He'd do a good job but his pragmatic approach wouldn't win too many friends. He's also an absolute bellend which doesn't help.

:lol: You're exactly right, I'd like some more joy in my life so I don't want him. I think he'd want the job though.

Been saying Jol for ages, I think he's great.

What's the fascination with Jol on here? Seems to create steady teams but has achieved little of note throughout his career.

Confident those currently hounding Pardew out would turn on Don Jol within a season or two.

Nah.

Ashley going out and paying compensation for a good manager would be the best signing of the summer. The impact a new, tactically-astute manager would have on this squad of players would be immense. We've got some cracking players at this club but Pardew simply can't get the best out of them. 

What's the fascination with Jol on here? Seems to create steady teams but has achieved little of note throughout his career.

Confident those currently hounding Pardew out would turn on Don Jol within a season or two.

Based on what exactly?

I don't really rate Jol. Fulham don't really play good football and they were so poor against us in the second half of the match there. They don't play good football or look like they're organized properly.

I would definitely take someone like Rafa. He would be brilliant with our players. The only problem is him wanting full control of transfers which our regime won't cede, and rightly so.

I would still take Redknapp but someone's mentioned that he won't come North anyway. I don't think there's anyone else in England that we'd go far. It'll probably be someone French that Carr knows well enough. I don't think we'd go out and hire a young manager from Spain without any prior links to us.

Guest bimpy474

Yep I want to retract my vote for Martinez and vote for anyone but

Yep, his conduct with that tackle was disgusting, changed my view on him completely.

I think Fulham do generally play good football and Spurs certainly did when he was in charge. Achievements-wise he's doing as well as can be expected with what he's got at Fulham and was instrumental in turning Spurs from a perennial midtable team into one competing for the top 4. I only know bits and pieces about his career outside England so won't start going on about that.

I think he'd do an excellent job, I'm a fan.