Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Guest Dontooner

If we lose at Fulham and Mackems i would take Di Matteo but if we could wait till the end of the season Jol is my 1st choice. Both managers allows the players to attack which is a positive.

From the list Nobby because I think he could become a fantastic manager and because of his age we could expect 10+ years from him and gain teh stability that some seem to want so much.  He's got very little managerial experience but I do think the way that he would want us to play the way most of us would prefer.  I also think he would look on the job as being a challenge rather than a hindrance which some seem to have found it to be in the past.  A negative would be his lack of experience which all new managers have to get over.

Not on the list. Michael Laudrop.  He was an outstanding player and he’s taken the same attitude towards his managerial style as he had with his playing style.  He may only have been in this league a short time but he’s done well at other clubs and he’s always tried to build a team that plays football the right way.  He took over a reasonable footballing side from last season and he’s made them into a trophy winning team that plays good football.  The only thing against Laudrop is that he’s hardly stayed at a club as manager and is on record as wanting to manage in Spain.

Thing is Jol's win % isn't that much better than Pardew's.

Jol Career win % 45.8

Pardew Career win % 42.5

I know that isn't everything, but I'd prefer a younger manager who has more potential than somebody like Jol, who I doubt will do any better than he's already done.

Guest Dontooner

Thing is Jol's win % isn't that much better than Pardew's.

Jol Career win % 45.8

Pardew Career win % 42.5

I know that isn't everything, but I'd prefer a younger manager who has more potential than somebody like Jol, who I doubt will do any better than he's already done.

Not sure Jol managed many lower league teams compared to Pardew but if we wanted to be serious contenders for the top 4 spots we might need A manager like Rafa. Not too keen on up and coming ones bar a few, too afraid to be stuck with a nobody again.

What's the fascination with Jol on here? Seems to create steady teams but has achieved little of note throughout his career.

Confident those currently hounding Pardew out would turn on Don Jol within a season or two.

Based on what exactly?

He isn't a spectacular manager and is unlikely to deliver the seemingly necessary top 6 finishes under the current regime.

What's the fascination with Jol on here? Seems to create steady teams but has achieved little of note throughout his career.

Confident those currently hounding Pardew out would turn on Don Jol within a season or two.

Based on what exactly?

He isn't a spectacular manager and is unlikely to deliver the seemingly necessary top 6 finishes under the current regime.

At this moment in time I think people would just like to see us looking like a football team.

Guest bimpy474

Throw out a list of candidates and I'll do a poll reset. O0

Philippe Montanier please.

If any one needs to know about him, just watch Real Sociedad. And look at their league form ;)

Throw out a list of candidates and I'll do a poll reset. O0

Philippe Montanier please.

If any one needs to know about him, just watch Real Sociedad. And look at their league form ;)

I support this, knowing Ashley he will go for Phil Brown instead :lol:

We need to learn from Swansea and Southampton, they have a clear style that they want their team to play, if they lost their manager tomorrow you know the sort of guy they would go for. Their youth teams play the same way, I don't know if that's true as I just made it up, but it would make perfect sense. Coaches at all levels with the same general idea of how a team should play. I think that's the way for a club to have long term success.

And yes Martinez is a cunt, not him.

We need to learn from Swansea and Southampton, they have a clear style that they want their team to play, if they lost their manager tomorrow you know the sort of guy they would go for. Their youth teams play the same way, I don't know if that's true as I just made it up, but it would make perfect sense. Coaches at all levels with the same general idea of how a team should play. I think that's the way for a club to have long term success.

And yes Martinez is a c***, not him.

Agree with all of that 100%

Their youth teams play the same way, I don't know if that's true as I just made it up, but it would make perfect sense.

:lol: I was actually thinking "Did he just make that up?"

You're right though, it would make sense to drum a footballing philosophy into players from start to finish.