Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Aye not convinced about Rijkaard these days in all honesty.

Done a fantastic job at Barcelona but he hasn't done anything of note in the last couple of years.

Let's just go the full hog and bring Cruijff in. :lol:

Aye not convinced about Rijkaard these days in all honesty.

Done a fantastic job at Barcelona but he hasn't done anything of note in the last couple of years.

Let's just go the full hog and bring Cruijff in. :lol:

I was using Rijkaard as stealth cover for Cruijff. ;)

Cruijff Director of football and Laudrup as coach. I would never sleep again.

Well, obviously, but I have always found it quite frustrating to see him slagg off other managers as a pundit, especially for the Holland national team, knowing he wouldn't dare to risk his reputation and do it himself.

I thought he was spot on with his criticism of Van Marwijk in the last World Cup.

Well, obviously, but I have always found it quite frustrating to see him slagg off other managers as a pundit, especially for the Holland national team, knowing he wouldn't dare to risk his reputation and do it himself.

I thought he was spot on with his criticism of Van Marwijk in the last World Cup.

Maybe so. Easy to criticise though if you've been offered the position yourself a few times and refused to take it for being afraid to tarnish your reputation.

It's also easy for him to criticise due to his well deserved reputation and to what he's brought to the game of football.

I could honestly listen to the man talk about the game and how it should be played all day long. There's very few like him out there who can back up their convictions due to what they've done.

It's a shame at the moment that due to his outspoken personality he's not somewhere giving out his advice, as the game itself would be far better for it.

He's giving advice to plenty of parties. Ajax for one, where he cost the executive board their jobs last year, a shortlived spell in Central America if I'm not mistaken and no doubt he's also an advisor to Barcelona (maybe VI can confirm) as he still lives there predominantly.

I just find it a huge shame that he's not managed a team or nation since 1996, besides from a couple of matches as the national manager of Catalonia. He has had some heart problems during his time at Barcelona, so maybe he's decided he can do without the daily pressure of being a manager, but it's a real shame for football in general, and Dutch football in particular, that our best player has never managed our national team, despite having had the opportunity to do so more than once.

• 2 months later...

Martin Jol for me.

I dont know enough about Adkins. Martinez' teams spend too much time in bottom 3 for me to be convinced (you'd have expected him to have at least 1 breakaway season where Wigan do really well, he hasn't). Di Matteo is a chancer imo, Poyet wouldn't' happen due to links to Dennis Wise (although same could be said for Jol/Hughton).

Anyone who is tactically astute would do me tbf.