Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

He was sacked from Olympiakos after 10 wins and a draw in 11 games. :lol:

Was only because of his affiliation to AEK Athens that the fans never took to him.

It was 6 official games actually - if you want that as a standard of manager fine again no ambition - need a proven manager with a record of improving things and sorry he is not that.

You mean the guy who took a backwater s*** Cypriotic club to the CL where even this guy had issues beating them?

http://img2008.titan24.com/imgwater/242000/242570.jpg

Total lack of ambition and if that is what some fans want god help us - in my opinion that is - hopefully we will never find out.

Don't mean to be a turd or anything, but who would you like to come in who is proven and realistically available?

Personally my first choice would be de Boer without a shadow of a doubt

You mean the same De Boer that has only ever been at one club his whole managerial career, that club being Ajax who have always been dominant in their league.

Very same man and out of all the ones linked with the job by far the best man we could get.

Eye of The Kippax

@FNN_Official

An enormous amount of talk that Tim Sherwood is set to be appointed the new Newcastle United manager. #nufc

Not sure he's reliable like pretty sure he said we were signing Micah Richards in the summer.

It's gonna be Carver. Can just feel it.

Not full time, Ashley doesn't want relegation next season. He's going to be given the rest of this season though so be prepared for more days like today.

I cannot see how Ketsbaia would show a lack of ambition like :lol:

It would be a massive gamble as he's relatively unproven.

It's insane isn't it? :lol: Going for a young up and coming manager isn't ambitious. Even Tuchel, who would be the best thing in the world, could come off as a gamble to most people. :lol:

How the f*** is it insane - we need a proven record right now not one who is up and coming and has not proven anything. You have your opinion and I have mine but I know no club with ambition would go for Ketsbaia - let's see what club he goes to next then and see who is laughing about it.

Within our constraints, Ketsbaia would be a forward thinking appointment. McClaren would be a safe and proven appointment. I know which one of the two I'd say was the more ambitious choice. It's all about context. Of course Ketsbaia wouldn't be ambitious for a club like, say, Arsenal. But for us, with our owner, it's one of the realistic options that show the most ambition.

I will agree with our owner mind but de boer in my  mind would tick the right boxes in every way but as you said would Ashley really go for him - that's ambition  to me and a proven record at Ajax

On that note though, Ketsbaia has a proven record at Anthorsis Famagusta. ;) Made the error of taking over Georgia though, which, admittedly, derailed his career. Yes, De Boer would be more ambitious, naturally. But as I mentioned, going by the context of where our club is at the moment, I would still say Ketsbaia would be an ambitious and exciting choice rather than safe and s***.

I agree to disagree - think we will be both massively annoyed and disappointed anyway when the very s*** Mr Carver is appointed this week.

:thup:

I only want Tuchel anyways. So I will be disappointed no matter what. :lol:

I wouldn't argue with him mind as I do think he offers something which would work.

Eye of The Kippax

@FNN_Official

An enormous amount of talk that Tim Sherwood is set to be appointed the new Newcastle United manager. #nufc

Not sure he's reliable like pretty sure he said we were signing Micah Richards in the summer.

Skinny cockney bastard.

Eye of The Kippax

@FNN_Official

Meh but better than Carver.

Eye of The Kippax

@FNN_Official

Another gobshite...

Guest antz1uk

I doubt I could ever grow to like Tim Sherwood.

there's a word missing in there somewhere right?  :)

damn, too quick for me  :lol:

Said this before but sherwood could probably get Ash to spend. That's just my opinion.

Got any specific rationale behind it?

Mainly that he's not a yes man particularly, id likely to be conman enough to get on ashley's good side,  isn't Ash a spurs fan?

Chelsea fan isn't he? I really hope Sherwood doesn't come anywhere near us. He's a nothing personality and has the same demeanour as al pards that I just could never trust.

What we desperately need is for the new man to be a leader. We don't seem to have an obvious leader in the dressing room on the playing staff, so it is vital that the bloke in charge is someone who can lead from the front. Otherwise it would all be a mixed bag of clashing personalities, doing just enough to keep us in the division.

My thought all along has been that it will be Charver.

The only thing that plants a seed of doubt in my mind is that I think, one of the things Ashley probably liked about Pardew, is his ability to front the whole club. Clearly he'll never do it, Charnley looks completely incapable, Carr obviously wouldn't want to so it's going to fall to the 'Manager/Head Coach' supported by their media muppets.

Charver is not a front man. He's a fucking liability when it comes to that.

Sherwood/Sanchez on the other hand................

The only thing that plants a seed of doubt in my mind is that I think, one of the things he's probably liked about Pardew, is his ability to front the whole club. Clearly he'll never do it, Charnley looks completely incapable, Carr obviously wouldn't want to so it's going to fall to the 'Manager/Head Coach' supported by their media muppets.

Charver is not a front man. He's a f***ing liability when it comes to that.

Bullshit merchants the pair of them.

The only thing that plants a seed of doubt in my mind is that I think, one of the things he's probably liked about Pardew, is his ability to front the whole club. Clearly he'll never do it, Charnley looks completely incapable, Carr obviously wouldn't want to so it's going to fall to the 'Manager/Head Coach' supported by their media muppets.

Charver is not a front man. He's a f***ing liability when it comes to that.

Bullshit merchants the pair of them.

Exactly my point.

Sherwood in particular loves the sound of his own voice. Prdew lite, if you will.