Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

"When I was in Toronto I was head coach. I had a director of football.

“I never got involved in any transfer dealings or players in or out. My job was to look after the team and get prepared."

Like how he's trying to make his case by referencing his time as coach of the least successful MLS team. Sounds qualified...

I cannot see how Ketsbaia would show a lack of ambition like :lol:

It would be a massive gamble as he's relatively unproven.

It's insane isn't it? :lol: Going for a young up and coming manager isn't ambitious. Even Tuchel, who would be the best thing in the world, could come off as a gamble to most people. :lol:

The club speaking about internal promotionsand Carver throwing his name in the running is just too convenient, we know Ashley loves the cheap option and if gets no cheaper than Carver.

When did this happen?

Awhile back iirc? Maybe at a fans forum?

When there is better and more proven managers, I certainly would say it is - agree would have him in a shot instead of Carver. I think however Ashley will give the job to Carver until the Summer so it doesn't matter anyway.

“I never got involved in any transfer dealings or players in or out. My job was to look after the team and get prepared."

Like how he's trying to make his case by referencing his time as coach of the least successful MLS team. Sounds qualified...

Pretty much everyone in Toronto was glad to see him go.

Pretty much everyone in Toronto was glad to see him go.

No chance Charnley, fat Mike or Carr will know that.

Can you imagine Carver spinning it into a success in his interview :anguish:

When there is better and more proven managers, I certainly would say it is - agree would have him in a shot instead of Carver. I think however Ashley will give the job to Carver until the Summer so it doesn't matter anyway.

You cannot really say there are proven better managers we could get though due to the fact he's still unproven. Don't get me wrong he wouldn't be my first choice but I would far rather we gambled on Ketsbaia than go with someone 'safe and decent'.

It's insane isn't it? :lol: Going for a young up and coming manager isn't ambitious. Even Tuchel, who would be the best thing in the world, could come off as a gamble to most people. :lol:

How the fuck is it insane - we need a proven record right now not one who is up and coming and has not proven anything. You have your opinion and I have mine but I know no club with ambition would go for Ketsbaia - let's see what club he goes to next then and see who is laughing about it.

He was sacked from Olympiakos after 10 wins and a draw in 11 games. :lol:

Was only because of his affiliation to AEK Athens that the fans never took to him.

It was 6 official games actually - if you want that as a standard of manager fine again no ambition - need a proven manager with a record of improving things and sorry he is not that.

You mean the guy who took a backwater s*** Cypriotic club to the CL where even this guy had issues beating them?

http://img2008.titan24.com/imgwater/242000/242570.jpg

Total lack of ambition and if that is what some fans want god help us - in my opinion that is - hopefully we will never find out.

Don't mean to be a turd or anything, but who would you like to come in who is proven and realistically available?

How the fuck is it insane - we need a proven record right now not one who is up and coming and has not proven anything. You have your opinion and I have mine but I know no club with ambition would go for Ketsbaia - let's see what club he goes to next then and see who is laughing about it.

Within our constraints, Ketsbaia would be a forward thinking appointment. McClaren would be a safe and proven appointment. I know which one of the two I'd say was the more ambitious choice. It's all about context. Of course Ketsbaia wouldn't be ambitious for a club like, say, Arsenal. But for us, with our owner, it's one of the realistic options that show the most ambition.

He was sacked from Olympiakos after 10 wins and a draw in 11 games. :lol:

Was only because of his affiliation to AEK Athens that the fans never took to him.

It was 6 official games actually - if you want that as a standard of manager fine again no ambition - need a proven manager with a record of improving things and sorry he is not that.

You mean the guy who took a backwater s*** Cypriotic club to the CL where even this guy had issues beating them?

http://img2008.titan24.com/imgwater/242000/242570.jpg

Total lack of ambition and if that is what some fans want god help us - in my opinion that is - hopefully we will never find out.

Don't mean to be a turd or anything, but who would you like to come in who is proven and realistically available?

Personally my first choice would be de Boer without a shadow of a doubt

How the f*** is it insane - we need a proven record right now not one who is up and coming and has not proven anything. You have your opinion and I have mine but I know no club with ambition would go for Ketsbaia - let's see what club he goes to next then and see who is laughing about it.

Within our constraints, Ketsbaia would be a forward thinking appointment. McClaren would be a safe and proven appointment. I know which one of the two I'd say was the more ambitious choice. It's all about context. Of course Ketsbaia wouldn't be ambitious for a club like, say, Arsenal. But for us, with our owner, it's one of the realistic options that show the most ambition.

I will agree with our owner mind but de boer in my  mind would tick the right boxes in every way but as you said would Ashley really go for him - that's ambition  to me and a proven record at Ajax

How the f*** is it insane - we need a proven record right now not one who is up and coming and has not proven anything. You have your opinion and I have mine but I know no club with ambition would go for Ketsbaia - let's see what club he goes to next then and see who is laughing about it.

I will agree with our owner mind but de boer in my  mind would tick the right boxes in every way but as you said would Ashley really go for him - that's ambition  to me and a proven record at Ajax

On that note though, Ketsbaia has a proven record at Anthorsis Famagusta. ;) Made the error of taking over Georgia though, which, admittedly, derailed his career. Yes, De Boer would be more ambitious, naturally. But as I mentioned, going by the context of where our club is at the moment, I would still say Ketsbaia would be an ambitious and exciting choice rather than safe and shit.

Guest antz1uk

i could think of risky but still safer options than Ketsbaia like, he was an OK player, nothing more, we go on about this stereotyping of us over geordies, ex players etc and people put his name forward. I fail to see why we should even consider him, yeah he's done ok, at much inferior leagues, the likes of Tuchel, Galtier, De-Boer et all have all done well too but in far more superior leagues, Fair play he had his team in the champions league, however so did Christian Gross, we saw how that lunatic turned out didn't we

It's going one of two ways here. We are going foreign or we are going complete car wreck uk coach.

Karanka has hardy ruled himself out buy mclaren certainly has now.

I think we are pretty much unanimously wanting and are ready for a foreign coach we are forgetting there is just as much probability Ashley and Co. Could pull out a foreign equivalent of David o leary or Lawrie Sanchez!

I'd bloody love ketsbaia, got car crash written all over it but he is insane it would be a fun ride and at least exciting in comparison to the souless drivel we have been used to for too long.

On that note though, Ketsbaia has a proven record at Anthorsis Famagusta. ;) Made the error of taking over Georgia though, which, admittedly, derailed his career. Yes, De Boer would be more ambitious, naturally. But as I mentioned, going by the context of where our club is at the moment, I would still say Ketsbaia would be an ambitious and exciting choice rather than safe and s***.

I agree to disagree - think we will be both massively annoyed and disappointed anyway when the very shit Mr Carver is appointed this week.

On that note though, Ketsbaia has a proven record at Anthorsis Famagusta. ;) Made the error of taking over Georgia though, which, admittedly, derailed his career. Yes, De Boer would be more ambitious, naturally. But as I mentioned, going by the context of where our club is at the moment, I would still say Ketsbaia would be an ambitious and exciting choice rather than safe and s***.

I agree to disagree - think we will be both massively annoyed and disappointed anyway when the very shit Mr Carver is appointed this week.

:thup:

I only want Tuchel anyways. So I will be disappointed no matter what. :lol:

if sissoko goes and carver is appointed full time this season will be even more of a disaster than it is now

We aren't actually or were actually ever going to hire carver though surely. Why say two games if so.. it was quite specific. If he was even in the running they would have just said he was caretaker without the timeframe. *clutching straws