Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

As if you can compare The Chronicle with any respected media outlets....they are as professional as your average school newsletter :lol:

Thats not fair, Ste made a good impartial article between FIFA and Pro evo about 10 years ago.

Like I said, there seems to be a reasonable amount of rumours to suggest that there might be something in this.

I'm still a bit concerned about Garde tbh. I guess I need more education on him.:

Why did he leave Lyon ?

Why has he not been re-employed since ?

Was his record at Lyon good considering the size of that club in the French league and the players he had available ?

Have Lyon progressed since he left ?

How come Lcazette has been so good since he left (what was restricting him under Garde) ?

His CV looks extremely light, is he just a Lyon ex pro, who they kept around the club for a feel good factor (ala Peter Beardsley for us) ?

Should be mentioned I looked at their website about 5 mins ago and there's nothing there :lol:

GFFN could be bullshitting.

It's definitely there, search for Remi Garde and the top story is this from today, but it's behind a pay wall.

Guest Roger Kint

Is Julien Laurens from La Parisien? If so he contridicted that tweet completely on the radio about 20 mins ago.

He isn't but what did he say?

His twitter bio says he is mind, just said that theres nothing in it other than it looks as though he could be our first choice(based on the betting) but he isnt sure it would be a good idea given his inexperience after only three seasons.

Don't really believe it, but don't see what they've got to benefit from writing bullshit stories about us. UK based papers will know that they'll sell a few extra copies up north by putting stuff like that on the back page (see The Mirror), but a Paris based newspaper? There's absolutely nowt in it for them (especially on a day like today, considering what happened there yesterday).

Just trying to stay optimistic.

I do believe it as much as you can believe any news stories. Garde would fit right into Ashley's way of thinking, and he's be relatively cheap and by all accounts a good developer of young players. De Boer on the other hand will neither be cheap or be happy about constantly selling players for profit and having no say as to who we sign. That's why the Mirror article was obviously made up.

I thought no manager would work under Ashley and we should keep Pardew becasue there was no one else better!

He hasn't been appointed yet mind.

Aye, still very plausible we'll end up with Carver ffs :lol:

It would be quite exciting to see what a French manager could make of this squad, although if Garde is the man we are after, I'd still rather we had pushed the boat out and really went for Tuchel. I'd like to say De Boer as well, but I just can't bring myself to believe that Ashley would ever have that much ambition. Still, even if it's Garde it will be like a breath of fresh air. Wenger seems to really rate him.

Am I now smelling a whiff off anti-Garde on here? :lol:

People, we are in talks of having an actual, proper football manager in charge for once. Have we forgotten we were all ready to appoint the tea lady just to see the back of Pardew?

Come to papa, Garde.

Am I now smelling a whiff off anti-Garde on here? :lol:

People, we are in talks of having an actual, proper football manager in charge for once. Have we forgotten we were all ready to appoint the tea lady just to see the back of Pardew?

Come to papa, Garde.

Nah, 95% of the forum would be over the moon with Garde I reckon.