Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Hasn't Moyes moaned about Europe in the past? Might have been the season they released that DVD only to get knocked out of both competitions at the earliest opportunity.

Purely speculation but I am fairly certain a new manager would have to fit a certain criteria -

* Not currently employed (ie no compensation)

* Willing to work for low wages but with the potential to earn more on performance

* Not mind that they have little input when it comes to transfers (see Mr K Keegan)

* Willing to sign a contract that entitles them to minimum compensation if it doesn't work out

Plus willing to be Ashley's and Llambias' lapdog basically.

Don't think those points are far off from their recruitment perspective. After Keegan left, that was our typical managerial profile. If we don't evolve from those limitations now that the club is better run player-wise and in the financial sense, we will be hard-pressed to find the proper fit of a manager.

All the options in the poll and every other realistic option I can think of seem very uninspiring to me. Whoever we turn to next, I want it to be a youngish manager with a clear attacking football mentality. None of the also rans mentioned please, no matter ho well they may have done in the (distant) past.

Tbh, id still go for the man who we were strongly linked with before we got Pardew;

http://www.picgifs.com/soccer-graphics/soccer-graphics/martin-jol/soccer-graphics-martin-jol-202040.jpg

Tbh, id still go for the man who we were strongly linked with before we got Pardew;

http://www.picgifs.com/soccer-graphics/soccer-graphics/martin-jol/soccer-graphics-martin-jol-202040.jpg

Didn't he apparently refuse to come as a principle of Hughton's sacking? Can't see him changing that stand any time soon when Ashley's still here.

All the options in the poll and every other realistic option I can think of seem very uninspiring to me. Whoever we turn to next, I want it to be a youngish manager with a clear attacking football mentality. None of the also rans mentioned please, no matter ho well they may have done in the (distant) past.

This exactly. :thup:

I'd have Benitez me if Pardew goes. Might sound foolish but I do think he would come.

I'll imagine he fancy being paid 10k a week.

I know it's Ashley but their could be some middle ground found from both parties. More hope than anything this tbh.

I'd have Benitez me if Pardew goes. Might sound foolish but I do think he would come.

I'll imagine he fancy being paid 10k a week.

I know it's Ashley but their could be some middle ground found from both parties. More hope than anything this tbh.

Personally can't see any middle ground due to his wages and budget demands as well as the confrontational approach he has. Do hope we manage to find a solution to Pardew in the near future though. Just want to enjoy watching the team play again.

I mentioned him on an earlier page, but what is Bielsa's situation at Bilbao?  I assume he is wildly unrealistic, but I was wondering whether he will be staying on after season and how long his contract is etc?

I mentioned him on an earlier page, but what is Bielsa's situation at Bilbao?  I assume he is wildly unrealistic, but I was wondering whether he will be staying on after season and how long his contract is etc?

Think he's leaving at the end of season. Lost the squad in his 2nd season.

If there is one manager more confrontational than Rafa... :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I think we're all forgetting that the main factor for Ashley/Llambias appears to be having a manager that will do what they say, when they say and how they say. They need someone that is spineless, not in any way insubordinate, and will work for peanuts. Managers like that, especially ones with any quality, don't exist.

I'd have Bielsa or Zeman just for the enjoyable and romantic ride it would be.

Yeah - at least it would be entertaining!  Would be interesting to see what attacking coaches like that could do with our players.  Continuing the football 'hipster' trend - the other option would be Dragan Stojkovic.

Yeah - at least it would be entertaining!  Would be interesting to see what attacking coaches like that could do with our players.  Continuing the football 'hipster' trend - the other option would be Dragan Stojkovic.

Is he the one Wenger wanted as successor? Manager of some J-League club I think.

Edit: http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/876897/arsene-wenger-lines-up-dragan-stojkovic-as-arsenal-successor?cc=4716

Is he the one Wenger wanted as successor? Manager of some J-League club I think.

Edit: http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/876897/arsene-wenger-lines-up-dragan-stojkovic-as-arsenal-successor?cc=4716

Yeah - that's him.  Read an article on him in the Blizzard a while back and he seems pretty good.