Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I want someone who'll play suicidal attacking football :lol: our football has been so horrendously boring I just want to feel happy again. I'm cold atm.

This is me. Someone like Bielsa who is absolutely mental and won't get us CL football but will make us smile for at least 2 years is something I want. I can live with losing and drawing high scoring games after the turd I've had to watch for the last couple of years.

I've thought about saying this for a while but imagined I'd get laughed at for living up to the stereotype. But a large part of me just thinks 'we're Newcastle United, we're more than likely not gonna win anything anyway, why don't we just have a go?' . At least the games would be fun.

I think we're all forgetting that the main factor for Ashley/Llambias appears to be having a manager that will do what they say, when they say and how they say. They need someone that is spineless, not in any way insubordinate, and will work for peanuts. Managers like that, especially ones with any quality, don't exist.

Spot on.

Interesting thread; Pardew won't go in the summer if we stay up me thinks; but go me thinking this thread;

Moyes is interesting; could we tempt him?

I'd go foreign; Rudi Garcia! Fits our philosophy

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/robert-martinez-not-prepared-to-compromise-wigan-style-during-relegation-scrap-8573108.html

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez is not prepared to compromise his footballing philosophy no matter how tricky the situation he finds himself in.

Latics passed their way to a 2-0 FA Cup semi-final victory over Millwall on Saturday, in exactly the same manner as they got themselves out of trouble in the Barclays Premier League last season.

Positive results for Sunderland and Aston Villa over the weekend mean Wigan are back in bother at the bottom, for all their elation at booking a meeting with Manchester City on May 11 and, in all probability, European football for the first time.

But there is no way Martinez will abandon his principles in the intense scrap for points.

"I have never been tempted to change," he said.

"From starting as a manager at Swansea in 2007, it hasn't been easy.

"Everyone looks at Swansea now and thinks they have played that way for 20 years. It took six months.

"It was very new and people had to be educated.

"But since I left my country to join the British game I would never change my football beliefs."

There could be a huge sense of satisfaction for Martinez from the possibility that both Wigan and Swansea could be in the Europa League next season.

The matter is slightly complicated as far as the Latics are concerned, with City - who they meet at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday - needing to finish in the Champions League places.

Even then, as runners-up they would go into the competition two rounds earlier than the group phase, which is the prize for actually winning the FA Cup for the first time in their history.

So victory is preferable, with Martinez insisting it can be done.

"If you look back at the games we played against the top teams in the league, you will see we are brave," he said.

"We play eye-to-eye. It has given us incredible results in the past.

"Four years ago we had never beaten a top four club. Now we have a very good record.

"At times we have been on the wrong end of a bad result but what the people will see in the final is two teams trying to get on the ball and sharing similar concepts.

"That is a fantastic compliment for us as a football club."

:anguish:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/robert-martinez-not-prepared-to-compromise-wigan-style-during-relegation-scrap-8573108.html

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez is not prepared to compromise his footballing philosophy no matter how tricky the situation he finds himself in.

Latics passed their way to a 2-0 FA Cup semi-final victory over Millwall on Saturday, in exactly the same manner as they got themselves out of trouble in the Barclays Premier League last season.

Positive results for Sunderland and Aston Villa over the weekend mean Wigan are back in bother at the bottom, for all their elation at booking a meeting with Manchester City on May 11 and, in all probability, European football for the first time.

But there is no way Martinez will abandon his principles in the intense scrap for points.

"I have never been tempted to change," he said.

"From starting as a manager at Swansea in 2007, it hasn't been easy.

"Everyone looks at Swansea now and thinks they have played that way for 20 years. It took six months.

"It was very new and people had to be educated.

"But since I left my country to join the British game I would never change my football beliefs."

There could be a huge sense of satisfaction for Martinez from the possibility that both Wigan and Swansea could be in the Europa League next season.

The matter is slightly complicated as far as the Latics are concerned, with City - who they meet at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday - needing to finish in the Champions League places.

Even then, as runners-up they would go into the competition two rounds earlier than the group phase, which is the prize for actually winning the FA Cup for the first time in their history.

So victory is preferable, with Martinez insisting it can be done.

"If you look back at the games we played against the top teams in the league, you will see we are brave," he said.

"We play eye-to-eye. It has given us incredible results in the past.

"Four years ago we had never beaten a top four club. Now we have a very good record.

"At times we have been on the wrong end of a bad result but what the people will see in the final is two teams trying to get on the ball and sharing similar concepts.

"That is a fantastic compliment for us as a football club."

:troll:

I'd have Benitez me if Pardew goes. Might sound foolish but I do think he would come.

I'll imagine he fancy being paid 10k a week.

I know it's Ashley but their could be some middle ground found from both parties. More hope than anything this tbh.

Personally can't see any middle ground due to his wages and budget demands as well as the confrontational approach he has. Do hope we manage to find a solution to Pardew in the near future though. Just want to enjoy watching the team play again.

You are right of course, but he'd be my pick if I was given the choice. You're last point is key, it's becoming boring watching Newcastle United.

I think we're all forgetting that the main factor for Ashley/Llambias appears to be having a manager that will do what they say, when they say and how they say. They need someone that is spineless, not in any way insubordinate, and will work for peanuts. Managers like that, especially ones with any quality, don't exist.

It is possible that they will look for someone better if they bin Pardew, it will depend on how serious they are at wanting to take the club forward.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is not prepared to compromise his footballing philosophy no matter how tricky the situation he finds himself in.

"Oh wait, I have no philosophy loool"

What you should have said is that he won't change his philosophy because

a) he hasn't got the ability to bring the best out of players and

b) ' because we pulled 150,000 fans in our last 3 home games..you see, they enjoy being bored stiff and they aint going nowhere fast..!!''

It is possible that they will look for someone better if they bin Pardew, it will depend on how serious they are at wanting to take the club forward.

i had that discussion yesterday with someone, do they really need pardew covering for them any more?  we're back up, had a very good season, they've implemented a decent enough transfer policy and we have a good squad...as this season and last has proved they can fuck about with wonga and plastering the ground with shit all they want, it doesn't really stop anyone going to the games and pardew's bullshit certainly isn't the major factor in people staying...but very soon he'll be the major factor in people leaving 'cause football is what it's all about

we've huffed and puffed in games for a massive part of 2 years and now been humiliated by fucking Sunderland on our turf, enough is enough

surely they could just employ a real manager and a new PR person

I want someone who'll play suicidal attacking football :lol: our football has been so horrendously boring I just want to feel happy again. I'm cold atm.

Like Ossie Ardiles did with his young side.

the more I think about it, the more I can see it being Martinez if Wigan go down.  The reasons being:

• Already managed in the PL.  Something I've no doubt MA and DL would prefer
  • He himself is likely to want to stay in a PL job rather than manage in the fizzy pop
  • May well have some sort of relegation clause in his contract
  • Other clubs that might consider a change (Reading, QPR, Southampton, Sunderland) have already made one
  • The players we have supposedly would suit his style of football, therefore would he want to massively change the squad?

the fact Whelan hates Ashley with a vengeance means go down or not he'd do anything to keep him from coming here imho

I think if they go down Dave Whelan's hand is significantly weakened to be honest.  If MA and DL wanted him, it might be a long, drawn-out affair but I most definitely don't think it would be a complete non-starter.

the fact Whelan hates Ashley with a vengeance means go down or not he'd do anything to keep him from coming here imho

I think if they go down Dave Whelan's hand is significantly weakened to be honest.  If MA and DL wanted him, it might be a long, drawn-out affair but I most definitely don't think it would be a complete non-starter.

I'm not sure he's worth a long drawn-out affair, fact is for all his pretty football Wigan have made 0 progress at all under him and still have the same problem of not doing fuck all in a season until its spring while other less fashionable managers at Wigan have done better eg Bruce finished 11th with them

I'm not sure he's worth a long drawn-out affair, fact is for all his pretty football Wigan have made 0 progress at all under him and still have the same problem of not doing f*** all in a season until its spring while other less fashionable managers at Wigan have done better eg Bruce finished 11th with them

Not saying it's who I'd want if we did sack Pardew (and I don't think we will) but at the minute it's the most realistic option.

FWIW as well I think Bruce had a better squad of players while at Wigan than what Martinez is currently working with.

I'm not sure he's worth a long drawn-out affair, fact is for all his pretty football Wigan have made 0 progress at all under him and still have the same problem of not doing f*** all in a season until its spring while other less fashionable managers at Wigan have done better eg Bruce finished 11th with them

Not saying it's who I'd want if we did sack Pardew (and I don't think we will) but at the minute it's the most realistic option.

FWIW as well I think Bruce had a better squad of players while at Wigan than what Martinez is currently working with.

a fair few he got himself and sold on for big profits which Martinez has largely failed with his one big signing flopping badly in the form of Mauro Boselli