Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Guest icemanblue

Yes Inochi, it was the Keegan debacle which led to the situation where the board are very careful to appoint people they can work with now. Let's not try and muddle things for the sake of it, that just proves my point.

So, from then on they subsequently went on to appoint Joe Kinnear, Alan Shearer, caretaker Chris Hughton (turned out alreet) and, your favourite, Alan Pardew. :lol:

So what have we got to lose then, as by definition Pardew himself is a yes-man appointment? It's hardly like we'd be getting rid of a top rated manager.

But, where's the evidence that they wouldn't just appoint a similar calibre of 'yes man' manager?

Personally I think it's daft to want a coach from one particular nationality. European experience would be good because the game is played to feet more abroad. I still say Gus Poyet from what I saw. He knows the game over here and his team looked really well organised against us. There's probably better options but his team looked infinitely better put together than ours when we went head to head.

Are there any Championship managers, Poyet aside, looking ready for a step up?

If any of them have any ambition at all then they all should be, question really is are they good enough?

I would like to look across Europe personally, but that is the problem with threads like this none of us have the knowledge required to draw up a shortlist of managers with the things we want i mean that is why we are fans.

Hopefully Ashley and co will seek advice of people that do !

Yes Inochi, it was the Keegan debacle which led to the situation where the board are very careful to appoint people they can work with now. Let's not try and muddle things for the sake of it, that just proves my point.

So, from then on they subsequently went on to appoint Joe Kinnear, Alan Shearer, caretaker Chris Hughton (turned out alreet) and, your favourite, Alan Pardew. :lol:

So what have we got to lose then, as by definition Pardew himself is a yes-man appointment? It's hardly like we'd be getting rid of a top rated manager.

But, where's the evidence that they wouldn't just appoint a similar calibre of 'yes man' manager?

There wasn't any evidence they would start buying better quality players before January. You'd like to think they want to improve incrementally, and they've done that on the playing side. It's not evidence but it's common sense.

What kind of football does Poyet have Brighton playing?

In the FA cup tie against us, it was high pressure on the ball when we had it, and they knocked it about quite well when they had possession. Good movement off the ball as well. What impressed me was they defended well as a team when we had the ball, but were quick to get players in our box when they attacked.

Guest icemanblue

There wasn't any evidence they would start buying better quality players before January. You'd like to think they want to improve incrementally, and they've done that on the playing side. It's not evidence but it's common sense.

It's an assumption then, thanks.

Is that the constructive point you wanted to make?

Komboaure or however you spell it? French, fluent in English, seemed harshly sacked by PSG. Not sure what his style of football is like mind.

This is why we should not be recommending managers unless we know a great deal about their former teams/leagues.

I believe people should concentrate on the attributes they'd like to see in their ideal manager, rather than just listing the name of someone they know little about.

Guest icemanblue

No, the constructive point I made was in the earlier post. There's absolutely no evidence to suggest they'd look to appoint any of the new, popular, sexy continental coaches. Or even a talented up and comer. Their entire history, and we're keen on that lately, suggests they'd look to someone who would work under their stewardship, for not a lot of money.

Komboaure or however you spell it? French, fluent in English, seemed harshly sacked by PSG. Not sure what his style of football is like mind.

This is why we should not be recommending managers unless we know a great deal about their former teams/leagues.

I believe people should concentrate on the attributes they'd like to see in their ideal manager, rather than just listing the name of someone they know little about.

:thup:

No, the constructive point I made was in the earlier post. There's absolutely no evidence to suggest they'd look to appoint any of the new, popular, sexy continental coaches. Or even a talented up and comer. Their entire history, and we're keen on that lately, suggests they'd look to someone who would work under their stewardship, for not a lot of money.

Well I believe they could get a relatively unknown manager who could do a better job than Pardew based on watching his side for two years. Whether they have the knowledge to find someone is the real question, but that's why you have a board.

Random brilliant French manager please.

Take away french and I'd agree. I don't care if he's french, palestinian, argentinian, japanese or even norwegian. As long as we get a brilliant manager I'm happy ;)