Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Guest chopey

Wonder why Moyes odds are so low; lately he's been pretty adamant that he's not leaving Real Sociedad and wants to put his stamp on the team.

The only thing I can see is that he wants to refurbish how Real Sociedad operate regarding scouting, coaching, etc... from the ground up and he might leave if he doesn't get his way.

If Ashley wants him he will get him. The story at first was he left the whole thing to Lee and Carr with the current bad run he might rethink and take the responsibility himself.

Mike Ashley, famous in sport for tenaciously pursuing prospective signings.

Apparently when we signed all the Frenchies a few Januarys ago it was only when Ashley got involved that the deals actually happened.

I wonder how many of those coaches on the short list :rolleyes: would be interested in coming to a Championship club.

I can see it being Carver by default for that reason because I guess when they did all their "research" back in January, they didn't have a Plan B incase of relegation.  They took a month to do their research last time and if they have to do that again, we will be into pre-season by then.  Also taking into account that they will have to draw up a new list of players for the Championship so time for research will be very limited.

Just want some hope for the future. Doesn't have to be a world class manager, doesn't have to be huge spending on world class players, far from it. But the club as it stands right now needs to be gutted in all aspects, a reasonable investment made in the coaching and playing staff and most importantly a change in direction from the top. A commitment to trying our best, trying to win every competition we enter. Everyone knows we'll not win but that isn't the point and never has been.

There's simply no sign of the requisite changes happening. No hope. And that's what kills me.

Just want some hope for the future. Doesn't have to be a world class manager, doesn't have to be huge spending on world class players, far from it. But the club as it stands right now needs to be gutted in all aspects, a reasonable investment made in the coaching and playing staff and most importantly a change in direction from the top. A commitment to trying our best, trying to win every competition we enter. Everyone knows we'll not win but that isn't the point and never has been.

There's simply no sign of the requisite changes happening. No hope. And that's what kills me.

And the ludicrous thing is Ashley could achieve all of this, get a lot back on side, and generally have an easier life and the club could still turn a fucking profit. Yet he won't, it's as fascinating as it is infuriating to me.

Very much this.. Living here in Australia I would not mind Ange postecoglou given a go. Not a household name back home. He done a fantastic Job with Australia, Just maybe he the type we should go for someone who would want to prove himself at this level, after a bit of success in another part of the world.

If Moyes leaves Sociedad for us he wants sectioned.

Exactly, imagine leaving a nice club like Sociedad and a life in the north of Spain for our putrid circus. I think I'd instantly lose a lot of respect for him.

Reading the last few pages....Are these posters on acid? It will be some English plod and Carroll will be the first singing. :)

Joe Kinnear and Mick Harford you mean..

Reading the last few pages....Are these posters on acid? It will be some English plod and Carroll will be the first singing. :)

Joe Kinnear and Mick Harford you mean..

Got carried away...:lol:

Always thought Carver would get the job and even more so if he takes us down. 

If we stay up we'll hire a proper manager, if we go down he'll keep the job.

Guest palnese

Why?

I can see an argument for keeping Carver on regardless if we get relegated or not as Ashley is fucking clueless. What annoys me is he's shown everyone how fucking useless he is as manager/head coach/whatever and should never be given the chance again. If we stay up and he gets a full season he will piss money away and get us relegated next year. If we go down now then I have zero confidence in him being able to take us back up ever, no matter what he is given to spend.

Either way we must look elsewhere.

Never thought I'd be jealous of Boro - but in Aitor Karanka they've a young up and coming Manager.

Good post man. Agree with you.

Never thought I'd be jealous of Boro - but in Aitor Karanka they've a young up and coming Manager.

:thup:

He's a really likeable guy as well. Same can't be said about our last 2 managers.

:thup:

He's a really likeable guy as well. Same can't be said about our last 2 managers.

They also have a likable owner who always do his best to support his team.

Why?

Just going off previous form. Ashley promoted Hughton from caretaker manager last time we went down. When we get relegated Ashley tends to cut costs even more, I can't see him investing in a new manager with that mindset.