Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Sounds like a good manager, always played/managed in France though it seems. I'm not saying you have to have gone outside your own country to be good at your job but it's something that can be quite a step for certain characters.

Would really love having Moyes here, but think our next appointment under the current regime would be someone who is more used to work under a Sporting Director of continental type. I wouldn't be surprised if work is allready started a long time ago finding a suitable man. As our player recruitment doesn't suit Pardew at all. Pardews time as posterboy seems to come to an end looking at it tactically from the owners perspective. Was good at keeping the ship going with a limited squad and nice words. But as players have become better over time we need a manager playing at their strenghts.

Guest chicken little

This Rene Girard is desperate to go to England it seems, what kind of manager is he?

according to wiki

René Girard (born December 25, 1923) is a French historian, literary critic, and philosopher of social science. His work belongs to the tradition of anthropological philosophy. He is the author of nearly thirty books (see below), in which he developed the ideas of:

• mimetic desire: all of our desires are borrowed from other people;
  • mimetic rivalry: all conflict originates in mimetic desire;
  • the scapegoat mechanism is the origin of sacrifice and the foundation of human culture, and religion was necessary in human evolution to control the violence that can come from mimetic rivalry;
  • the Bible reveals the three previous ideas and denounces the scapegoat mechanism.

René Girard's writings cover many areas. Although the reception of his work is different in each of these areas, there is a growing body of secondary literature that uses his hypotheses and ideas in the areas of literary criticism, critical theory, anthropology, theology, psychology, mythology, sociology, economics, cultural studies, and philosophy.

i feel safe in saying that this would be an incredibly exciting appointment.

This Rene Girard is desperate to go to England it seems, what kind of manager is he?

according to wiki

René Girard (born December 25, 1923) is a French historian, literary critic, and philosopher of social science. His work belongs to the tradition of anthropological philosophy. He is the author of nearly thirty books (see below), in which he developed the ideas of:

• mimetic desire: all of our desires are borrowed from other people;
  • mimetic rivalry: all conflict originates in mimetic desire;
  • the scapegoat mechanism is the origin of sacrifice and the foundation of human culture, and religion was necessary in human evolution to control the violence that can come from mimetic rivalry;
  • the Bible reveals the three previous ideas and denounces the scapegoat mechanism.

René Girard's writings cover many areas. Although the reception of his work is different in each of these areas, there is a growing body of secondary literature that uses his hypotheses and ideas in the areas of literary criticism, critical theory, anthropology, theology, psychology, mythology, sociology, economics, cultural studies, and philosophy.

i feel safe in saying that this would be an incredibly exciting appointment.

Not sure he'd fit in tbh :lol:

Would be very happy with that, but not going to get excited over an article in the Metro. Does cite the French press as a source, at least, rather than just speculating over Girard's quotes about wanting to manage in England.

According to Le Sport 10, Newcastle have been recommended the 59-year-old’s services and, with Alan Pardew’s future far from certain, he has emerged as a leading contender for the St James’ Park hot seat.

Graham Carr? :D

According to Le Sport 10, Newcastle have been recommended the 59-year-old’s services and, with Alan Pardew’s future far from certain, he has emerged as a leading contender for the St James’ Park hot seat.

He's 68.

He's 68.

Yes, I was alluding to the possibility that Graham Carr, our chief scout with encyclopedic knowledge of french football, might have recommended Rene Girard.

He's 68.

Yes, I was alluding to the possibility that Graham Carr, our chief scout with encyclopedic knowledge of french football, might have recommended Rene Girard.

Ah :thup:

IF we go down, id go straight for Poyet, if Brighton dont  get promoted.  If we stay up, I think this is a warning and another lesson for Ashley and Llambias, go get a proven manager.

them nufcfans on twitter are totally clueless. Saying they wouldn't have Benitez as our manager, not stopping one moment to see what he's achieved throughout his career.

them nufcfans on twitter are totally clueless. However, not only do I continue to follow them and read their comments, I like to spread them elsewhere so other people can get as annoyed as me.

them nufcfans on twitter are totally clueless. However, not only do I continue to follow them and read their comments, I like to spread them elsewhere so other people can get as annoyed as me.

Only me that does that on here?