Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

How in the fucking fuck does this guy start and finish games. He is utter utter garbage. I blame the coaching for his deterioration..because he certainly was a sibierski/lovekrands esq squad player. Ruined by our club.

Aye. Another 500k player we've ruined.

How in the fucking fuck does this guy start and finish games. He is utter utter garbage. I blame the coaching for his deterioration..because he certainly was a sibierski/lovekrands esq squad player. Ruined by our club.

Ruined by his own lack of talent

Thought I'd take a look at Gouffran's stats for this season and see if I could maybe figure out why this waste of space has been starting the majority of games, maybe we actually do much worse without him in the side?

Well, the results might shock you! (they won't)   

Comparing matches where Gouffran has started (League and Cups 2014/2015): Total: P35 W12 D8 L15   

Gouffran Started:

P23 W3 D7 L13 Points per game - 0.7 Win-rate 13% 

Not Started:

P12 W9 D1 L2    Points per game - 2.3  Win-rate 75%

No real surprises, the 2 losses are the 0-1 vs Leicester(A) in the FA Cup, and the 0-1 vs Man United a few weeks ago, the draw was the 1-1 with Stoke in February. From my recollection (I've tried to forget most of this season) we deserved more from the Stoke and Man United games, and the FA Cup match can be safely ignored. 

But wait, what about the attacking threat he brings? He is a striker after all, and how could you ignore the defensive solidarity he adds? Well let's see:

Started:  Goals Scored - 22 -  Avg 0.95 per game     Goals Conceded - 49 -  Avg 2.1 per game                              

Not Started:  Goals Scored - 17 - Avg 1.4 per game      Goals Conceded - 6 -  Avg 0.5 per game

Oh, well he does run about a lot I guess...

I forgot he was playing, which isn't unusual but his input from an attacking point of view was pretty much zero. Having said that, why the fuck he was playing centre midfield in the first place is anybody's guess.

Thought he was decent in the 2nd half today. Maybe I'm on my own in that opinion though :lol:

Was the first good performance I've seen from him in well, forever.

A guy tried to tell me he scored once in a while a few weeks ago on here

Thought I'd take a look at Gouffran's stats for this season and see if I could maybe figure out why this waste of space has been starting the majority of games, maybe we actually do much worse without him in the side?

Comparing matches where Gouffran has started (League and Cups 2014/2015): Total: P35 W12 D8 L15   

Gouffran Started:

Not Started:

No real surprises, the 2 losses are the 0-1 vs Leicester(A) in the FA Cup, and the 0-1 vs Man United a few weeks ago, the draw was the 1-1 with Stoke in February. From my recollection (I've tried to forget most of this season) we deserved more from the Stoke and Man United games, and the FA Cup match can be safely ignored. 

But wait, what about the attacking threat he brings? He is a striker after all, and how could you ignore the defensive solidarity he adds? Well let's see:

Started:  Goals Scored - 22 -  Avg 0.95 per game     Goals Conceded - 49 -  Avg 2.1 per game                              

Not Started:  Goals Scored - 17 - Avg 1.4 per game      Goals Conceded - 6 -  Avg 0.5 per game

He's still adapting to the rigours of the premier league.

Gouffran Started:

Not Started:

Given how much the club is run on stats and figures these days, if this can get some attention then maybe he might not start the derby.

Personally I don't get the Gouffran hate.

He's a forward. A small, mobile, hard-working forward. He's being played massively out of position as a defensive winger or a central midfielder. People then complain that he's shit at it.

OF COURSE HE IS.

I'm not saying he's the same calibre, or even the same type of player. But can you imagine Craig Bellamy excelling at those roles? Or Aguero? Or Shane Long?

Maybe Gouffran is a good player, maybe he's a bad player. But one thing's for certain, it is utterly impossible to judge someone - anyone - when they're played so vastly and repeatedly out of position. All we're proving is that he's a shit midfielder. Or a shit defensive winger. Yeah, OK, Tim Krul's probably a shit forward, what's your point?

That said, I groan as loudly as anyone when Gouffran plays but only because he offers nothing in the positions in which he's picked. It's very hard to blame him for that though.

That "effort" on goal in the 2nd half man. 12 yards out and gently toe pokes it straight to the keeper.

Should have burst the net.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

Cannot stand Gouffran, but the blame for that rests at Tim Krul's door, not that I particularly give a shit mind.

Thought he was decent in the 2nd half today. Maybe I'm on my own in that opinion though :lol:

Good job of taking things out of context. I said he's shit but better than Obertan.

He doesn't even attack the ball at the far post when a cross comes in. I mean it's no surprise he's a shite midfielder, but he could at least try and look like a striker once in a while.

Good job of taking things out of context. I said he's shit but better than Obertan.

He isn't though and no matter what context saying he scores once in a while is wrong