The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Freedman (and Lennie Lawrence) has really turned it round for us, though our away form is still poor. Need to improve that if we're getting in the playoffs.

Similarly, Holloway seems to be undoing Freedman's work at Palace.

What do you reckon about Blackburn? you think they have it in them to turn it around. I'm surprised to see both them and Wolves in trouble though Wolves seemed to have turned a corner in the last few games. Would you be pleased if they do go down?

Craig Fagan got sent off for what looks like an elbow. Horrible c***.

Shouting 'f***ing want some more, do you c***?'

Really? :lol: christ.

Just watched Guthrie's leg breaker on him again. Delicious.

Nar, it was supposed to be an Olivier Twist and Fagin reference, but I don't think he actually said it to him but someone else. Otherwise it would have made sense.  :lol:

My queue to go to bed.  :blush:

I think Blackburn will stay up by the skin of their teeth. Then again, that would probably prolong the Venky's shambles, so perhaps relegation again would be a blessing in disguise? As amusing as their plight is, I don't particularly want to see them go down.

Wolves were shocking today, could have been 7 or 8 if it wasn't for De Vries. Don't rate Saunders at all as a manager.

Nar, it was supposed to be an Olivier Twist and Fagin reference, but I don't think he actually said it to him but someone else. Otherwise it would have made sense.  :lol:

How obscure :lol: aye gan to bed and have a think about what you've done :lol:

I think Blackburn will stay up by the skin of their teeth. Then again, that would probably prolong the Venky's shambles, so perhaps relegation again would be a blessing in disguise? As amusing as their plight is, I don't particularly want to see them go down.

Wolves were shocking today, could have been 7 or 8 if it wasn't for De Vries. Don't rate Saunders at all as a manager.

My uncle (who sort of got me in to football) is from Blackburn and it's depressed him so much. For his sake, and for the history of the club, I hope to god they can start improving.

Fuck Venky's. Amusing, maybe, but it's truly embarrassing management of a club.

My uncle (who sort of got me in to football) is from Blackburn and it's depressed him so much. For his sake, and for the history of the club, I hope to god they can start improving.

Fuck Venky's. Amusing, maybe, but it's truly embarrassing management of a club.

Agree completely. First got into football through admiration for Shearer who at the time was a Blackburn player. Had a soft spot for them ever since, but despised them under Hughes and Allardyce. Hope they manage to get rid of the dodgy cunts in charge. Ripping the history out of the club.

f*** Venky's. Amusing, maybe, but it's truly embarrassing management of a club.

Agree completely. First got into football through admiration for Shearer who at the time was a Blackburn player. Had a soft spot for them ever since, but despised them under Hughes and Allardyce. Hope they manage to get rid of the dodgy c***s in charge. Ripping the history out of the club.

this will sound harsh but......

you have your club, better if its through geographic reasons but there are many other reasons, then regardless it's your club, through thick and thin (and for the majority of fans it'll be thin)and it's like a roller coaster, take the ups and the downs.

Is VI about? What's the opinion on Fabergas at Barca? He seems like they want him to be Messi for Spain and super sub for Barca, he was such a lovely player to watch for Arsenal and I guess they do rate him there. I imagined he was intended to be the Xavi successor but he is played higher up mostly, is that where he's intended to remain? Part of Barca's problems at times seem to be down to reliant on midfieldery types too far forward though, has he been played deeper?

Was at the game.

Both Alexis and Cesc were bought to be what they were yesterday: our plan B. Cesc was never really intended as a Xavi's replacement (Thiago is groomed for that role) but as a more direct threat from midfield compared to Xavi and Iniesta, somebody that could provide goals from that line since none of our midfielders are too prolific. Alexis as somebody that can run at defences and create chances. Dunno if the lack of Messi on the pitch liberated them, but they have had games like that with Leo in the pitch, just never regularly enough (Cesc was imperious in the first months of the season, for example). Anyway, even if Mallorca are turboshit, it will be a good injection of morale before we play PSG without Messi.

Was great to see Abidal back on the pitch, this also being Tito's first home game since he came back from his treatment. One of the great feel good moments of the season.

Far too high brow :lol:

"Everton will set out to make things difficult for Spurs and they will be delighted if it is a scrappy game. If it is, I can see them leaving White Hart Lane with a point."

No, Lawro, we won't be delighted you patronising piece of shit.

Unfortunately, Bale and Lennon's absences is more than equalised by Fellaini, Pienaar and maybe Mirallas being out. Would be very surprised if we win, but a win is what we need if we've got any serious top 4 aspirations left. I don't for one second expect us to finish in the top 4, but a draw is of little use to us here if we're using that as a target.