The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Looking at this just confirms that footballers are mostly mercenary fuckers who will go anywhere for the money. Not that it needed confirming, but still.

Shitty small stadiums, horrible pitches, ridiculously low temperatures, openly racist fans and a league that's not close to the European elite. I'm all for leagues improving, but why a player like Hulk would want to leave Porto to play for Zenit for any reason other than silly money is beyond me. Someone will probably point out that I don't watch the Russian League (correct), and that we pretty much do the same thing with these French players, but I can easily see why someone would want to play for a Premier League club.

Looking at this just confirms that footballers are mostly mercenary fuckers who will go anywhere for the money. Not that it needed confirming, but still.

Shitty small stadiums, horrible pitches, ridiculously low temperatures, openly racist fans and a league that's not close to the European elite. I'm all for leagues improving, but why a player like Hulk would want to leave Porto to play for Zenit for any reason other than silly money is beyond me. Someone will probably point out that I don't watch the Russian League (correct), and that we pretty much do the same thing with these French players, but I can easily see why someone would want to play for a Premier League club.

Agree a 100%.

FC Anzhi Makhachkala (Russian: ФК "Анжи" Махачкала) (often known as simply Anzhi) is a Russian football club based in Makhachkala, capital of the Republic of Dagestan. Founded in 1991, the club competes in the Russian Premier League. Anzhi plays their home games at the 15,200-seat Dynamo Stadium in Makhachkala, yet train over 1,000 miles away in the Russian capital Moscow due to armed conflict in Dagestan.

:idiot2:

Agree a 100%.

All sport all over the world is like this now.  It has become completely rotten to the core and it is solely about making a small number of people rich, very often at the expense of the very fans who support the clubs.

The only thing i will say in Hulk's favour is that Zenit were probably the only ones stupid enough to pay the fee Porto were demanding.

So you either stay at Porto or go to Russia, pretty sure he would have gone to England, Spain, Italy etc etc all before Zenit if someone stumped up the cash.

I don't think it a coincidence that a lot of Porto and Benfica players end up in eastern Europe because of how strong armed they are in negotiations.

None the less they are still mercenaries.

Looking at this just confirms that footballers are mostly mercenary f***ers who will go anywhere for the money. Not that it needed confirming, but still.

In all fairness though unless you watch the Russian league you don't know the quality of it. Plus we pretty much do the same with all these French players.