The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

We can all agree Villa haven't exactly been Barcelona this season, I just think Lambert's attitude in the face of difficult situations is admirable, compared with other excuse making, blame shifting coaches.

We can all agree Villa haven't exactly been Barcelona this season, I just think Lambert's attitude in the face of difficult situations is admirable, compared with other excuse making, blame shifting coaches.

If Pardew came out and did what Lambert did RE: Bent and those 30 questions poor Mick would have a heart attack.

Marvellous  :lol: The handful of times I've seen you this season I've wanted to top myself.

That's probably why then, if you've seen us a handful of times, it's difficult to judge over the whole season.

Like I said, it's easy to make the mistake of looking at the table, and even some of the dreadful results, and extrapolate from that a season-long awfulness.

Last season, now that was awful. I imagine one reason Lambert still gets such support is last year gave us a staggeringly depressing lesson into how unambitious, negative and miserable football can be.

Marvellous  :lol: The handful of times I've seen you this season I've wanted to top myself.

That's probably why then, if you've seen us a handful of times, it's difficult to judge over the whole season.

Like I said, it's easy to make the mistake of looking at the table, and even some of the dreadful results, and extrapolate from that a season-long awfulness.

Last season, now that was awful. I imagine one reason Lambert still gets such support is last year gave us a staggeringly depressing lesson into how unambitious, negative and miserable football can be.

the few times i've saw villa this season they've been decent but very bramble-esque.

That attacking at the end of the game with a 1 goal lead :lol: LOVE IT.

Not to be boring, but we'd never be doing that.

To be honest, he's done it too often at times. I love the fact he is the opposite of McLeish in that sense, but he's had us do it and it has cost us points a fair amount - hence that stat that, if games finished at half time, we'd be sixth now.

I remember early in the season we beat Swansea 3-1 at our place, and coming out of the ground, people were saying how amazing it was to be in the lead and actually looking to extend it.

However, at times, he either goes mentally gung ho or opts to try to advance the lead rather than hold it (although that's to do with us being unable to defend, I guess).

Worst example was Bradford semi final second leg, at Villa Park.

3-1 down from first leg, in the first half, we score, and we let Bradford touch the ball about three times, it was men against boys. Then Bradford score from a corner.

All we needed to do was keep our heads and carry on doing what we did in the first half, we'd still have come through, I think, but instead, he decided to go batshitmental and start playing with six men up front and no clear thought about how to get the ball to them. Clanger.

the few times i've saw villa this season they've been decent but very bramble-esque.

Defence is incredibly porous, too many kids making too many mistakes. I can't remember our last clean sheet. We're capable of scoring goals, which is just as well, as we can't defend for shit

Guest Craig-NUFC

I quite like Manish, harmless dude.

I don't quite get the bashing of this show. Was frustrating when they only showed a few highlights from us but overall it gives great coverage/exposure to the lower leagues.

Aye. Enjoy this, ITV's Bundesliga show and Sky's Revista de La Liga. Straight up highlights broken up with short analysis. Prefer it to insufferable 'banter' that other shows do. Personal preference and that. 

We'll see where Lambert's career takes him, but my bet is abject failure with Villa before years of football league mediocrity.

Hasn't he already proved he can take a struggling side and make them successful and get them promoted ?

Freedman (and Lennie Lawrence) has really turned it round for us, though our away form is still poor. Need to improve that if we're getting in the playoffs.

Similarly, Holloway seems to be undoing Freedman's work at Palace.

spooky you should mention those as along with gillingham that was my treble for the day...........damn you holloway.