The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Guest Sophie S

There has been a nice article in the Guardian recently. It's starting off talking about fan culture in German football, but really it's a story about Dortmund's philosophy regarding fans, shares, players, etc. Makes a good read if you like Dortmund.

How great has it been to see balls out attacking football in both games, love it. None of this squeeze the life out of the game and nick a win bollocks, class.

Great thing about Dortmund is that it's not just all out attack, but it's such an entertaining way to do it. This Barcelona team of the last few years have also been all out attack, but nowhere near as fun to watch as this current Dortmund side IMO. While Barcelona are content with keeping the ball and wait for the perfect time for the killer ball, Dortmund just go for it straight away, with loads of players making runs as soon as they get the ball. Barcelona is more "we'll keep the ball and make it difficult for you", while Dortmund have been more "fuck it, we might lose it, but we'll win back soon enough anyway". Not saying either is "better", but I prefer watching Dortmund more than I did watching Barcelona when they were at their best.

How great has it been to see balls out attacking football in both games, love it. None of this squeeze the life out of the game and nick a win bollocks, class.

Absolutely, God I can't stomach it. Fucking hate that football.

Guest bimpy474

In life i learn every day, how to be a better man, how to be a better Daddy, how to find a way out of humping the gargoyle.

Do you think Pardew sits and watches these games and takes any of it on board.

In life i learn every day, how to be a better man, how to be a better Daddy, how to find a way out of humping the gargoyle.

Remember in the summer during the Euros when Pardew said he learnt a lot from watching Spain?

I wonder what it was :lol:

Great thing about Dortmund is that it's not just all out attack, but it's such an entertaining way to do it. This Barcelona team of the last few years have also been all out attack, but nowhere near as fun to watch as this current Dortmund side IMO. While Barcelona are content with keeping the ball and wait for the perfect time for the killer ball, Dortmund just go for it straight away, with loads of players making runs as soon as they get the ball. Barcelona is more "we'll keep the ball and make it difficult for you", while Dortmund have been more "f*** it, we might lose it, but we'll win back soon enough anyway". Not saying either is "better", but I prefer watching Dortmund more than I did watching Barcelona when they were at their best.

Although Barcelona at his best would annihilate this Dortmund side tbf. But I do agree it's an entertaining team and like you said earlier, I'm very impressed with Gundogan this season. Such a good player.

Guest bimpy474

Remember in the summer during the Euros when Pardew said he learnt a lot from watching Spain?

I wonder what it was :lol:

Jesus i forgot that, he really is full of shite :(

My bandwagon ManU fanboy buddy has posted a new profile pic of himself in a Bayern training jacket.

Cunt continues to be a cunt shocker. :dontknow:

It's painful tbh. Also a Yankees fan, and he doesn't live anywhere near NY or have any ties to the city.

You know naturally I feel like Schalke should be German team however I'd love to go a sit in that stand at Dortmund for a match. I think it would be an experience to behold. Anyone want to join me on a road trip next year?

Europa League today. Turkey, 50.000 crazy fans + Meireles, the cunt.

Possible line-up:

Artur

Maxi / Jardel / Garay / Melgarejo

André Gomes / Matic

Salvio / Gaitan / Ola John

Rodrigo

Luisão (minor injury), André Almeida (suspended) and Enzo Perez (suspended) are out. We'll try to be the first team from Iberian Peninsula to concede less than 4 goals in this european week. :snod:

Just watching the extended highlights of Dortmund on Sky here, those fucking finishes man. Look even better on second viewing.

Also, think Gundogan can now officially join Thomas Muller on my "10/10 would bang" list. Could watch him play football all day.