The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Guest P.Aimar10

Oh my god GET IN

Im gonna die of an heart attack at 21 years old watching this damn game.

Someone kill me now plz!

Oh my god GET IN

Someone kill me now plz!

Nip round to Jotenko's house and make sure that cat is alright ffs.

Guest P.Aimar10

Oh my god GET IN

Someone kill me now plz!

Nip round to Jotenko's house and make sure that cat is alright ffs.

To be fair he probably sodomized the cat by now, better let him finish.

Guest P.Aimar10

posting on a Newcastle forum whilst at a European semi-final :lol:

:aww:

You guys are the best away online fans ive found so far, you deserve it :D

posting on a Newcastle forum whilst at a European semi-final :lol:

:aww:

You guys are the best away online fans ive found so far, you deserve it :D

Well do us proud and turn the cockneys over in Amsterdam :D

Basically every Bayern fan i have ever met and i have met quite a few prefer Ribery over Robben and considering their performances for Bayern over last few years i can see why.

Ribery is a key component to the team, while Robben isn't even a starter when everyone is fit.

Don't get me wrong Robben was brilliant in both games, but that hardly happens usually because he's far too easy and predictable for good defences to stop which is why he was riding the bench before Kroos got injured.

I can see why people rate Robben higher on here though.... firstly he's played in England and 2nd he's the more flashy of the two.

How ever Ribery is a lot more effective, creative and more of a team player, the mere fact he was acting as a 2nd LB at times against Barca to protect Alaba says all about his defensive ability and often takes up a different role for the sake of the team in big games.

Another thing that i think goes against Ribery on here is that he hardly performs for France, but for Bayern he's consistently one of their best players and just as highly thought of by Bayern fans as Lahm and Schweignsteiger. As mentioned before Robben is just another player to them and considering the consistency of his performances you again can see why.

Also its no coincidence to me that Robben suddenly gave his 2 performances in about 3 years when it was announced that Bayern were signing Mario Gotze which surely means unless he bucks his ideas up he's leaving.

Talent wise he maybe better than Ribery, but he has hardly showed it an talent means nothing unless you back it up against Barca he backed up but far too often he doesn't.

Robben is selfish and defensively lazy at times, it's not hard to see why the fans my prefer Ribery who is a much more hard working player.

Ribery is certainly not more effective. Robben is basically 2 in 3 in the league for Bayern while Ribery is 1 in 3. Ribery does provide more assists but Robben is no slouch in that area despite the greedy label.

2 performances in 3 years. Before this season he's had 32 goals in 53 games for Bayern. C'mon you're making things up now Mole. You can't say he hardly shows up.

Robben is a winger and more of a match-winner.

Never been a massive fan of Ribery. All too often top fullbacks will have him in his back pocket in big matches.

My Chelsea supporting mate on my Twitter just posted

Also, nice to see Ake get a chance. Good english centre half with a bright future what i've seem and read of him

Clearly not read much about him then

Benficans, what are your thoughts on facing up to Luiz in the final? Do you still like him?

Personally I don't like him that much. Players that kiss every symbol they wear and leave when the money is good don't mean that much to me. I respect him, but don't admire him. I prefer Ramires honestly. More low profile, but seemed a genuine guy.

Ref :lol:

Basically every Bayern fan i have ever met and i have met quite a few prefer Ribery over Robben and considering their performances for Bayern over last few years i can see why.

Ribery is a key component to the team, while Robben isn't even a starter when everyone is fit.

Don't get me wrong Robben was brilliant in both games, but that hardly happens usually because he's far too easy and predictable for good defences to stop which is why he was riding the bench before Kroos got injured.

I can see why people rate Robben higher on here though.... firstly he's played in England and 2nd he's the more flashy of the two.

How ever Ribery is a lot more effective, creative and more of a team player, the mere fact he was acting as a 2nd LB at times against Barca to protect Alaba says all about his defensive ability and often takes up a different role for the sake of the team in big games.

Another thing that i think goes against Ribery on here is that he hardly performs for France, but for Bayern he's consistently one of their best players and just as highly thought of by Bayern fans as Lahm and Schweignsteiger. As mentioned before Robben is just another player to them and considering the consistency of his performances you again can see why.

Also its no coincidence to me that Robben suddenly gave his 2 performances in about 3 years when it was announced that Bayern were signing Mario Gotze which surely means unless he bucks his ideas up he's leaving.

Talent wise he maybe better than Ribery, but he has hardly showed it an talent means nothing unless you back it up against Barca he backed up but far too often he doesn't.

Robben is selfish and defensively lazy at times, it's not hard to see why the fans my prefer Ribery who is a much more hard working player.

Ribery is certainly not more effective. Robben is basically 2 in 3 in the league for Bayern while Ribery is 1 in 3. Ribery does provide more assists but Robben is no slouch in that area despite the greedy label.

2 performances in 3 years. Before this season he's had 32 goals in 53 games for Bayern. C'mon you're making things up now Mole. You can't say he hardly shows up.

Robben is a winger and more of a match-winner.

Never been a massive fan of Ribery. All too often top fullbacks will have him in his back pocket in big matches.

Ribery is a big game bottler, and I say that as a fan of his. He's a great flat-track bully though, his Bayern stats are excellent:

233 games

78 goals

116 assists

Robben despite those key moments you mentioned earlier (WC final miss, CL final pen miss) I think he more than often performs when it matters - match-winner, like you say.