The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

I'm not massive fan of Bale for the cheating etc but why should Spurs not keep him? They're going for the Champions League again this season and he's playing well. They don't desperately need the money do they? Fucks me off when the media sell players the instant they put together any sort of form.

It is the worst thing in football.

It is nigh on impossible to build anything with any permanence.

Here's a novel idea: try and win trophies with a club that's not one of the same clubs that win the trophies every season. He's just won himself two individual trophies playing for Spurs.

The money thing I'm not even going to dignify with a response.

Maloney is proper class. Love him.

It annoys me that he is 30. So many wasted years, could have been a top player.

Was the injuries that stopped him imo.

Wasn't when he was with us.

Didn't really settle.

Celtic I was talking about.

Yeah, was electric at Celtic but picked up a few bad injuries. Think he lost a lot of confidence with them and with his move to Villa.

Here's a novel idea: try and win trophies with a club that's not one of the same clubs that win the trophies every season. He's just won himself two individual trophies playing for Spurs.

Grow up.

Tottenham are 2 levels below winning a big trophy. Arsenal and Chelsea haven't been at their best and they're fighting neck and neck with Spurs. That is their level. Staying another year is a good shout but Spurs aren't that close to challenging for big honours.

Grow up.

Tottenham are 2 levels below winning a big trophy. Arsenal and Chelsea haven't been at their best and they're fighting neck and neck with Spurs. That is their level. Staying another year is a good shout but Spurs aren't that close to challenging for big honours.

"2 levels below winning a big trophy" ffs. :lol:

What does that even mean? Wigan Athletic are playing in the FA Cup final next week, I presume they're 1 "level" above Spurs?

Grow up.

Totally disagree.

I firmly believe Spurs are a couple of quality players away from a genuine top 2 push. Man Utd have not been that good this year yet they're streets ahead of the competition. They really aren't anything special.

OK, they may not suddenly win the title but they're looking up a hell of a lot more than looking down. I say good on them. And I hope Bale stays.

Grow up.

"2 levels below winning a big trophy" ffs. :lol:

What does that even mean? Wigan Athletic are playing in the FA Cup final next week, I presume they're 1 "level" above Spurs?

[/quote

I'd kill for us winning an FA cup but its no longer a major trophy.  Mancini will most likely win it and the season won't be seen as a success for them.

Grow up.

Totally disagree.

I firmly believe Spurs are a couple of quality players away from a genuine top 2 push. Man Utd have not been that good this year yet they're streets ahead of the competition. They really aren't anything special.

OK, they may not suddenly win the title but they're looking up a hell of a lot more than looking down. I say good on them. And I hope Bale stays.

I do think Bale will give it another year at Spurs. If they don't challenge or make massive strides in Europe he'll leave and for good reason. Arsenal with Fabregas and Nasri, I think they could've really challenged and perhaps they should have stayed. But RVP left for good reason. A couple amazing signings is no small feat at that level.

The best players in the world should be at teams that can challenge.

Grow up.

Grow up???

If that's growing up, then I'll stick with the Lost Boys, thank you very much. What a soulless world you seem to live in. Sewelly is bang on. He might well want shit-tons of money or CL every year (which conveniently ignores the fact that he didn't leave last year), but that doesn't mean that there should be a concerted effort in the media to shift him on, perpetuating/accelerating the decline of club competition.

In one respect, I won't put Spurs in the same box as Arsenal until we're earning the same amount as them, and paying the same stratospheric wages. Didn't stop us beating them a couple of months back. It amazes me that you can bring yourself to support Newcastle with that attitude - although I presume that you do so because football clubs stand for something deeper. Maybe some of these young footballers, if able to reflect without the pressure of a hysterical, one-eyed media and the clamor of agents, would feel the same.

Guest Phil K

QPR look like they could actually beat us. :(

ANYONE can beat us with Pardew at the helm

problem is, its a rare player that thinks like that and thats before you have the bloodsucking agent whispering in his ear about what this and that club are offering