The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Had Barca -2, if Messi hadn't tried to be too clever at the end, the dick...

Loved how annoyed he was with himself. Brilliant run.

Aye it was decent like, was unlucky with his 2nd free-kick as well.

:lol:

Corinthians - Sao Paulo semifinals in the Paulistao went to penalties and when Alexandre Pato was ready to try and score the decisive penalty Rogerio Ceni jumped like 3meters of his line and saved the penalty. He got the chance to take it again and scored and now the Sao Paulo players stormed towards the ref :lol:

He was like 3meters off his line ffs. :lol: Luis Fabiano and Ganso missed their penalties for Sao Paulo :thup:

Paços de Ferreira have the lowest attendances (1,776 average) in the Portuguese league but are on target to finish 3rd and get CL. Benficans care to explain how?

Fuck me that's incredible.

Paços de Ferreira have the lowest attendances (1,776 average) in the Portuguese league but are on target to finish 3rd and get CL. Benficans care to explain how?

They work well, that's basically it. While other portuguese clubs struggle to pay their salaries, promising more than they can handle, they are rigorous and honest to all the players and staff. Instead of buying tons of brazilians, they invest in lower leagues players. Portuguese players. I bet they will have some nice deals by the end of the season as well.

Oh, and they try to play and have possession. They don't sit waiting, no matter what's the opponent. Even in Estádio da Luz, they tried to press higher than most teams. That's a key factor. Positive football = positive results.

2 games left. If they win one, or Braga fails to win both, they will be in the Champions League playoff. While spending way less than Sporting or Braga. By only being there, even if they get destroyed, the 2013/14 season is paid. Their manager, Paulo Fonseca, will surely progress in his career. Braga may be the next step for him. I would keep an eye on him, he's still young, 40.

They work well, that's basically it. While other portuguese clubs struggle to pay their salaries, promising more than they can handle, they are rigorous and honest to all the players and staff. Instead of buying tons of brazilians, they invest in lower leagues players. Portuguese players. I bet they will have some nice deals by the end of the season as well.

Oh, and they try to play and have possession. They don't sit waiting, no matter what's the opponent. Even in Estádio da Luz, they tried to press higher than most teams. That's a key factor. Positive football = positive results.

2 games left. If they win one, or Braga fails to win both, they will be in the Champions League playoff. While spending way less than Sporting or Braga. By only being there, even if they get destroyed, the 2013/14 season is paid. Their manager, Paulo Fonseca, will surely progress in his career. Braga may be the next step for him. I would keep an eye on him, he's still young, 40.

I think he was mostly curious as to how a 3rd place team only attracts 1700 people per game.

But thanks for that info. :thup:

Who's their manager?

I think he was mostly curious as to how a 3rd place team only attracts 1700 people per game.

Not really. They're a very small club in a country of gloryhunters( :)), I assume those attendances are the norm. The amazing thing and what I was asking about was the achievements on those attendances and budget.

Guest P.Aimar10

I dont think that 1700 value remains true, maybe it was the norm before they started flying high in third, but probably not now.

Was watching their game now and it looked like the stadium was somewhat full, granted they were playing sporting but sporting isnt really moving a lot of crowds nowadays given their god awful season(can possibly be the worst ever for them).

Spectators this season (2012/2013)

P. Ferreira - 24.344

Benfica B - 23.072

The numbers are accurate. They have the lowest attendance in the portuguese first division. Only 5 clubs have more than 10k/game: Benfica, Porto, Sporting, Braga and Guimarães.

Guest P.Aimar10

Not really. They're a very small club in a country of gloryhunters( :)), I assume those attendances are the norm. The amazing thing and what I was asking about was the achievements on those attendances and budget.

I know, at the beggining of the season I would probably have tipped off Rio Ave to pull something like that instead of Paços because super agent Jorge Mendes dumped a lot of good players with potential on Rio Ave.

Gonna be cheering for Paços next year in CL if they go through, as they are genuine neutral small club you can cheer for unlike Braga, who has disgusting friendship ties with Porto.

The cold reality will be that Paços is gonna get curbstomped in CL, but since benfica moved the portuguese league to the 5th rank, now the third team from portugal goes to the cl play offs instead of the pre eliminary rounds so that could help Paços.

Guest P.Aimar10

P. Ferreira - 24.344

Benfica B - 23.072

The numbers are accurate. They have the lowest attendance in the portuguese first division. Only 5 clubs have more than 10k/game: Benfica, Porto, Sporting, Braga and Guimarães.

Really?

Hell even my local team Trofense had a better average than that when we were first in the second division. Whats everybody at Paços de Ferreira doing :S

P. Ferreira - 24.344

Benfica B - 23.072

That right back has a lot of love in Portugal!

Who's their manager?

:lol: :thup:

P. Ferreira - 24.344

Benfica B - 23.072

Brilliant :lol:

PASTRY

Felt good yesterday after the last 10 days of s***.

Surreal how easily everything clicks when Messi is in the pitch, although we were quite good in the first half and were unlucky to be behind.

Anyway, this is done and dusted. If Madrid draw or lose this Wednesday against Málaga we'd clinch the title without even playing... and given how things are imploding over there it isn't too far fetched.

P. Ferreira - 24.344

Benfica B - 23.072

I honestly thought that's who he was talking about :lol:

For some reason I thought he was playing for QPR and that was their average attendance :lol:

Surreal how easily everything clicks when Messi is in the pitch, although we were quite good in the first half and were unlucky to be behind.

Anyway, this is done and dusted. If Madrid draw or lose this Wednesday against Málaga we'd clinch the title without even playing... and given how things are imploding over there it isn't too far fetched.

one man team, tbh.

What's happened to David Villa man?!

What's happened to David Villa man?!

Wish I knew. I would chalk it to confidence but he's a player that's carried relegation-threatened teams on his back when he was a kid.

Alexis, conversely, has been improving considerably as of late, 6 goals and 6 assists in 6 games. Was even clapped off the pitch.

Anyway, Villa will be sold this summer (that was always going to be the case, given his age and that he has 12 months on his contract). We'll see who we buy to replace him, we are incessantly linked with Neymar. We'll see.

one man team, tbh.

I think it's more a case that we've built ourselves to get the best off the best player in the world, and when such player isn't there, stuff like Bayern happens. We need to be more flexible.

one man team, tbh.

I think it's more a case that we've built ourselves to get the best off the best player in the world, and when such player isn't there, stuff like Bayern happens. We need to be more flexible.

I wonder if those idiots that say Messi is nothing without Iniesta and Xavi might finally realise that he himself is the key.