The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Mourinho's stock has went down for me this season, Real have been a joke at times this season on and off the pitch.

Have to agree. Doesn't not make him a great manager suddenly but I reckon this season will hurt him - providing they don't win the Champions League.

Hurt him in what way? In securing another highly compensated and prestigious position? I disagree. In the opinions of irrelevant unknowns from the internet? This is possible.

Nope, because I think he's got a massive ego and seeing them fall way short will not sit well with someone who obviously takes so much pride in his work.

Mourinho has always been a short term manager who gets you instance success but can't maintain it because his style of coaching isn't conclusive to long term success and i get the feeling he knows it too.

There's only so far his mental guru style can take you and he's been found out tactically in Spain, tbh he was in Italy too but he got out on the high before his team went down like Madrid has this season.

Tbh he should have left Madrid last season on a high like he did at most of his other jobs.

This is the main reason why i find his links to replacing Fergie a bit laughable because he's not someone who can build a team and then break a team etc etc.

Mourinho's stock has went down for me this season, Real have been a joke at times this season on and off the pitch.

Have to agree. Doesn't not make him a great manager suddenly but I reckon this season will hurt him - providing they don't win the Champions League.

Hurt him in what way? In securing another highly compensated and prestigious position? I disagree. In the opinions of irrelevant unknowns from the internet? This is possible.

Nope, because I think he's got a massive ego and seeing them fall way short will not sit well with someone who obviously takes so much pride in his work.

Mourinho has always been a short term manager who gets you instance success but can't maintain it because his style of coaching isn't conclusive to long term success and i get the feeling he knows it too.

There's only so far his mental guru style can take you and he's been found out tactically in Spain, tbh he was in Italy too but he got out on the high before his team went down like Madrid has this season.

Tbh he should have left Madrid last season on a high like he did at most of his other jobs.

This is the main reason why i find his links to replacing Fergie a bit laughable because he's not someone who can build a team and then break a team etc etc.

Inter would still be winning with him in charge.

Chelsea were always successfull under him - of course they didn't always become champions or win the Champions League but the success was there and would have continued to be there.

At Real there are other problems than him being a short term manager.

Chelsea were always successfull under him - of course they didn't always become champions or win the Champions League but the success was there and would have continued to be there.

No they woudn't. They've slashed the wagebill.

The current side is less than half as talented as the 09/10 side.

No they woudn't. They've slashed the wagebill.

They wouldn't have done that with him in charge.

If Mourinho had gone to Moratti and said he wanted to get that player and this player and would have promised to stay, he would have got them.

How do Man City put out a team with Barry and Milner in midfield still? Just ... how?

If I saw either of these two lining up in Newcastle's midfield, my heart would sink.

It's quite incredible really. 

This is a very poorly put together team, all things considered.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/888/432/cole_crop_exact.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75

"Vintage Steve Gerrard."

Chelsea went through the same thing every other team go through under Mourinho at the end of his tenure or when Mourinho leaves....

The level drops because a lot of what Mourinho does is based on mental and man management, it works for a big boost over a short period of time like 1-2 years but after that it drops dramatically.

Inter still be winning with the players they currently have? i doubt it as good as Mourinho is at what he does he's not a magician as he's said himself and there's only so much you can do if you don't have the quality of player required.