Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think Shaw is a bit better than he's getting credit for in this thread, a lot of their attacks came down that side. He's not a 30 million player but the fee is hardly his fault. As for Thauvin, I like what I saw. Once he settles in, gels with the squad and gets fully match fit and premier league "ready" I think we'll see a real player. Today was just a cameo but I like that he looks to get forward quickly, is positive and intelligent with very quick feet. Needs patience though, young kid, big fee, new country.

You would like your expensive winger to trouble Luke Shaw when Shaw has played 70 minutes more. 

:whatdidido:

He's been here 5 minutes, doesn't speak the language, has barely trained, probably isn't even nearly match fit and hardly knows his team mates. Of course he should belt onto the pitch and start murdering full backs away from home when we're defending for our lives man.

You would like your expensive winger to trouble Luke Shaw when Shaw has played 70 minutes more. 

:whatdidido:

He's been here 5 minutes, doesn't speak the language, has barely trained, probably isn't even nearly match fit and hardly knows his team mates. Of course he should belt onto the pitch and start murdering full backs away from home when we're defending for our lives man.

don't feed the troll

Thauvin is quick and agile, but most importantly he has acceleration. And i really like the drop of a shoulder and a sudden change of speed and direction. He will draw alot of attention and open up space for other players.

Sheer speed can be one way, but another is the ability to beat a man when you're not expected too, can leave a whole defense a pace or two behind a winger if everyone had just stepped up expecting to come away with the ball. Sudden shifts in momentum are better than flat out speed imo. Flat out speed can be good against teams that play very high but good acceleration is good against everyone

Didn't notice him that much today, due to nature of the game/time he had. But I'm clinging on to that one move with Haidara, who missed great opportunity (otherwise H had some great moments) to return the ball into space for Florian to fly into. With time, and a fair wind, we've got some quite exceptional ball players in this squad. Looking forward to watching them work it out.

Ben Arfa wasn't that fast over distance, IMO. It was all about his acceleration. I saw Thauvin play for Bastia once and he seemed similar. Not quite as explosive but still very quick off the mark, certainly no slouch once he got going and one of those that looks faster with the ball.

He'll take some time to adapt, I think, but I reckon the nature of this league will really get the best out of him (based on little :lol: ).