Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mohammed Ali

The offer from #NUFC for Thauvin is €17m + €2.5m-3m in bonuses - Cabella wants to know more about #OM direction esp. manager

Reckon that is close to the truth. A lot of money.

That source is the greatest.

Being mentioned a lot of places.

Fabien Lévêque ‏@FabLeveque  16h16 hours ago View translation

Joli tour de magie de Vincent Labrune. Florian Thauvin à Newcastle pour 17M€ + 3M€ bonus ✔️

Journo with 15k followers.

so it's about 13.5m for thauvin including bonuses if that is correct, not to bad really when you consider we'll likely get say 6m back for cabella in the end and have a player the manager wants for a change :lol:

i'd still keep cabella personally like, reckon de jong is never likely to make it for us

Mohammed Ali

The offer from #NUFC for Thauvin is €17m + €2.5m-3m in bonuses - Cabella wants to know more about #OM direction esp. manager

Joli tour de magie de Vincent Labrune. Florian Thauvin à Newcastle pour 17M€ + 3M€ bonus ✔️

:lol:

Mohammed Ali

you really didn't get that joke

I couldn't care less if we pay over the odds by a couple of million. We're getting tens of millions a year more from TV etc that it's not really an issue. If it's true that there's some potential deep down in this nutter that he could be a star, then get him in and let's enjoy him for the time before it goes tits up or he gets flogged.

Mohammed Ali

It has shook up the world!

Mohammed Ali

Was between that and sarcasm :thup:

Mohammed Ali

Was between that and sarcasm :thup:

:lol: Stung me. Some would say, like a bee.

Mohammed Ali

:lol:

Seen him compared to Ben Arfa?  Didn't look the same to me from my comprehensive 15 minute scouting mission  :lol:  Left footed and a no.10 type that likes to roam about, so they are the same in that sense.  But he didn't look that exciting on the ball.  Didn't have that many tricks or glide past his man in the way HBA does.  Actually looked quite rangey, with a long stride and looked taller than 5ft 10".

Bit 'meh' about the whole thing at the minute.  Doesn't sound like he even wants to sign for us.  I like Cabella and would like to see how he fares in a team that isn't managed by a bunch of loons.  I also think another defender is required before we look anywhere else.  I just worry we'll get this lad and that'll be it for transfers.

Still, we're actually spending money and if it works out and he signs.  He's exactly the sort of player that makes me want to start going to watch us again.

Seen him compared to Ben Arfa?  Didn't look the same to me from my comprehensive 15 minute scouting mission  :lol:  Left footed and a no.10 type that likes to roam about, so they are the same in that sense.  But he didn't look that exciting on the ball.  Didn't have that many tricks or glide past his man in the way HBA does.  Actually looked quite rangey, with a long stride and looked taller than 5ft 10".

Bit 'meh' about the whole thing at the minute.  Doesn't sound like he even wants to sign for us.  I like Cabella and would like to see how he fares in a team that isn't managed by a bunch of loons.  I also think another defender is required before we look anywhere else.  I just worry we'll get this lad and that'll be it for transfers.

Still, we're actually spending money and if it works out and he signs.  He's exactly the sort of player that makes me want to start going to watch us again.

What part of him flying into Newcastle convinces you that he does t want to sign for us?

Is he so proficient in defence as to be considered as an auxiliary fullback when the opposition have the ball?

In a more serious consideration, does he have a better mentality than Ben Arfa?  Like, will he take to team orders, listen to criticism and not explode if he is told to be at fault from time to time?