Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Corrigan

Either misread the quotes or there are two difference sets put there. I had read they that player, agent and club had agreed to reject all offers until the summer. now just read they have just rejected all bids "this far". If I made the first quotes up the second are a blatant "come back to us with a higher offer and he is yours" plea.

Actually think we will get him. Its a wise choice too because injuries to cisse or gouffran and we are weak again.

Premier League clubs are expecting other clubs to charge them more in the Summer (due to other clubs being aware of the new Premier League TV deal cash boost), so it makes sense to do our business now.

Obviously we also need to ensure our Premier League survival so better to spend now than to get relegated and miss out on the cash.

I don't think NUFC can afford to buy an expensive player like Aubameyang and then loan him back to St Etienne. If we spend that money we'll want (and probably need) that player now.

Still prefer if we were looking to spend that kind of money on a striker we went after Bony.

According to that funny Dutch correspondent on TS Bony is lined up for Chelsea... They've been scouting him for a while and have a good relationship with his club apparently...

OK then wenger, lets also agree that each team has the same transfer budget and a salary cap.

No no...rules are supposed to be changed to help teams that ALWAYS win stuff (apparently) that would be too much "equal and fair" for the FA to stand

Loyalty so rare these days, you have to applaud Pierre for wanting to get a title for his team before himself (impressed)

Based on this week, and Pardew's demanding of bringing all the summer signings 'forward' (:rolleyes:), if we want him I think we'll get him.

Don't get the rolled eyes bit. You saying you don't believe it was his choice?

TBF he no doubt had a period on his knees weeping and begging Mike in his throne room.

Still prefer if we were looking to spend that kind of money on a striker we went after Bony.

According to that funny Dutch correspondent on TS Bony is lined up for Chelsea... They've been scouting him for a while and have a good relationship with his club apparently...

Liverpool sniffing to but we go after him now we can offer him 1st team football, summer comes we have little hope of getting him.

We should have a look at Ince imo. Would be around the same outlay I imagine

Same outlay? I'd be fuming if we spent that on Ince. Thankfully we wouldn't anyway.

Why? You'd be fuming if we spent it on Ince but not on PEA? I wouldn't be bothered at all. Ince is clearly miles better than his division suggests. Sometimes you have to pay going rate

Well for a start, Ince can't play up front which is what we need so somebody else would need to follow him in. He's a good player but I wouldn't want to be paying much more than £4m for him though.

As for the going rate, it's fine paying it when it's justified. Not many people would bat an eyelid if we spent ~£10m on a versatile front man like PEA or an established striker like van Wolfswinkel. If we spent that money on Ince there would be a lot of queries surrounding the fee, just as has happened with the Zaha transfer.

I think Ince is worth around 6m, but i wouldn't go much higher, i think Liverpool were haggling over something between 5-7m so it wouldn't be out of the realms of impossibility if we were interested.

£4m Liverpool I heard. But they maybe owed money from the original transfer.

I think Ince is worth around 6m, but i wouldn't go much higher, i think Liverpool were haggling over something between 5-7m so it wouldn't be out of the realms of impossibility if we were interested.

£4m Liverpool I heard. But they maybe owed money from the original transfer.

Yeah they had a percentage of the sale entitled so despite it being 4m they would have actually paid 6m.

Living in Blackpool I've had the opportunity to see Ince play a couple of times first hand, he is real quality and will be worth a lot more than 10mil if he keeps improving as he is. Would be a great acquisition to any aspiring team. Would be more than happy to have him on our books.