Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Corrigan

Those comments pretty much put this one to bed, which is a big shame :( If we miss out on Carroll too, I'm worried about where we turn to next.

I wouldn't call not getting Carroll 'missing out' TBH.

Blessing in disguise IMO. People whinge about the brand of football Pardew plays and then worry we might miss out on a striker who, if anything, will encourage him to adopt a more turgid style.

‏@F8Piraux 1m

#Aubameyang on RMC: "If PSG make an offer for me, I will listen it. The project can be interesting since PSG play in Champions League." #PSG

aka

Aubameyang: "I will play at any bigger club and/or for more pay than is currently my case. I won't be able to keep buying jewel encrusted boots on my meagre income at ASSE."

To be fair PSG is probably as big a club as will go for him

Guest Roger Kint

Those comments pretty much put this one to bed, which is a big shame :( If we miss out on Carroll too, I'm worried about where we turn to next.

Agree. Can we actually 'miss out' on a player we dont look like bidding for? The club seem to be sticking to the same 'we dont want him' stance for nigh on a month now.

Blessing in disguise IMO. People whinge about the brand of football Pardew plays and then worry we might miss out on a striker who, if anything, will encourage him to adopt a more turgid style.

Will this line of argument ever go away? I don't mean to pick on you in particular DI but it just doesn't make any sense to me, surely the positions are only contradictory if they're attributed to the same poster? Can a whole forum by accused of contradicting itself?

Would you rather he finds someone better suited to lump it to so he can see out that 8 year contract?

If he can't manage to get the side he has playing Football then IMO the best thing is for him to fail and leave, not mold our squad to suit his incompetence.

Would you rather he finds someone better suited to lump it to so he can see out that 8 year contract?

If he can't manage to get the side he has playing Football then IMO the best thing is for him to fail and leave, not mold our squad to suit his incompetence.

As much as you're keen to mock others (EVERYONE WHO EXPRESSES A NEGATIVE OPINION IS SLITTING THEIR WRISTS LOL LOL LOL), this idea that Carroll can only play in an exclusively long ball team is just as mock-able.

We weren't that long ball under Hughton and Carroll's hold-up play was phenomenal.  Do you think we hoofed the ball to the 5-1 win over the mackems?  That was one of the best all-round performances I've seen from an NUFC centre forward, despite not scoring a goal.  At his best he allowed us to mix it up, short and long, because his attributes made him an excellent spearhead for our attack.  If there's faith we could get him back to that sort of form then the decision to get him back here would be a total no-brainer.

Remy is a very good alternative imo. In some ways I'd prefer him, has proved he can score goals in a struggling team, so he'll be fine here :lol:

Aye, he knows how to force his way into the box too.

As much as you're keen to mock others (EVERYONE WHO EXPRESSES A NEGATIVE OPINION IS SLITTING THEIR WRISTS LOL LOL LOL), this idea that Carroll can only play in an exclusively long ball team is just as mock-able.

We weren't that long ball under Hughton and Carroll's hold-up play was phenomenal.  Do you think we hoofed the ball to the 5-1 win over the mackems?  That was one of the best all-round performances I've seen from an NUFC centre forward, despite not scoring a goal.  At his best he allowed us to mix it up, short and long, because his attributes made him an excellent spearhead for our attack.  If there's faith we could get him back to that sort of form then the decision to get him back here would be a total no-brainer.

Carroll isn't the problem - its the perception of managers that a player of his build can only play as atarget man. We know that Pardew likes to get the ball to the front line quickly rather than build play up through the midfield, which is likely to result in a direct long ball unfortunately.

I'm surprised that Rogers didn't try him with the style that liverpool are playing, but the likes of Sam and Pardew would probably try and turn Zlatan into a pure target man just becaue he is 6 foot plus

Remy is a very good alternative imo. In some ways I'd prefer him, has proved he can score goals in a struggling team, so he'll be fine here :lol:

Aye, he knows how to force his way into the box too.

:iamatwat:

Carroll isn't the problem - its the perception of managers that a player of his build can only play as atarget man. We know that Pardew likes to get the ball to the front line quickly rather than build play up through the midfield, which is likely to result in a direct long ball unfortunately.

I'm surprised that Rogers didn't try him with the style that liverpool are playing, but the likes of Sam and Pardew would probably try and turn Zlatan into a pure target man just becaue he is 6 foot plus

Yeah it's a fair point and I agree, I was more getting at the idea that we shouldn't buy him in case he outlives Pardew though.

Yeah it's a fair point and I agree, I was more getting at the idea that we shouldn't buy him in case he outlives Pardew though.

I think we're on the same page - I was agreeing with your point re the 5-1, I'm worried about what Pardew will see Carroll as, not what Carroll could actually add to the squad/team.

Guest Roger Kint

Has there been news today about Carroll or are people still thinking we want him? We keep hearing that we wont be in for him at all for the last month in the media  ???

Has there been news today about Carroll or are people still thinking we want him? We keep hearing that we wont be in for him at all for the last month in the media  ???

Don't think there's any news, just an excuse for people to say 'it would suit Pardew's shite hoofball' etc etc.

Guest Roger Kint

Don't think there's any news, just an excuse for people to say 'it would suit Pardew's shite hoofball' etc etc.

Thought as much.

Don't want Remy. He';s another who looks to beat offside traps. Not seen much to say he can hold it up or link very well.

His a good player no doubt.

I'd argue we need both types of player, one who can hold the ball up and one who can stretch defenders.

What idea that Carroll can only play an in an exclusively long ball team?, I wasn't claiming that and never have.  There were suggestions here that if we bring in Carroll that would help us be successful in the way Pardew wants us to play (long ball) because of his height/ability in the air.  Which is why I don't want him here under Pardew.  I want to see him either adapt his style to what we have or fail with his hoofball and leave, not bring in players that will help him get away with the shit he serves up every week.  I've said many times before that under a different manager I'd take Carroll back for the right price.

I don't think everyone who expresses a negative opinion is slitting their wrists either, just a silly exaggeration that like.  I express negative opinions sometimes like anyone else.  What I can't stand is when every single thing is being turned into a negative.

Don't want Remy. He';s another who looks to beat offside traps. Not seen much to say he can hold it up or link very well.

His a good player no doubt.

I'd argue we need both types of player, one who can hold the ball up and one who can stretch defenders.

Well Cisse is always looking for balls through to goal. Many times along Ba someone in midfield would have the ball and both players would run away from the ball, it's so easy to defend against. 1 runs towards goal, 1 run towards ball - confusion galore.