Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Corrigan

He has been described by insiders as “perfect” for Newcastle next season, with the club understood to want to move closer to the 4-3-3 formation which proved successful at the back end of the 2011-12 campaign.

Hatem Ben Arfa, who was injured for large chunks of last season, has been earmarked for a major role and Aubameyang would slot into that system as well as any of Newcastle’s targets.

Interadesting.

The most exciting thing we've heard so far this "summer", as far as setting up the team next season goes. Hope there's some truth to that.

"Newcastle do not expect to make any recruits until next month and are happier to play the long game with Aubameyang, whose representatives are actively touting him around this summer."

So many ways to interpret this.

1) We're in no rush

2) Means we can peddle the "we just couldn't get it over the line" malarky.

3) We're gonna sign him, and just hoof it.

Guest taps01

He has been described by insiders as “perfect” for Newcastle next season, with the club understood to want to move closer to the 4-3-3 formation which proved successful at the back end of the 2011-12 campaign.

Hatem Ben Arfa, who was injured for large chunks of last season, has been earmarked for a major role and Aubameyang would slot into that system as well as any of Newcastle’s targets.

Interadesting.

The most exciting thing we've heard so far this "summer", as far as setting up the team next season goes. Hope there's some truth to that.

...however the article then goes onto Darren Bent!

I don't quite understand what is going on at the moment.  They have known we have needed a striker for months now and have supposedly been lining up replacements and they are now giving the impression that they are just waiting to see who becomes available.  I guess they are looking for the bargain rather than primarily recruiting the type of striker we need. 

They talk all the time about how detailed their recruitment plans are but when the time comes, it just seems like there is no plan at all.

I thought their immediate dismissal of Carroll was because they were confident of getting the striker they wanted but it does seem as if there isn't one lined up.

Of course they could be deliberately misleading everyone and a completely unexpected player will be signed in the near future.  However, because our attacking play was so poor last season, I would have thought it was in their interest to get a striker in ASAP so they can work out a style in pre-season.

Guest reefatoon

Exactly.  He is no longer a bargain and real money would need to be spent to get him. No chance of us doing that.  We will now be looking through the bargain bins to see what we can rustle up.

Exactly.  He is no longer a bargain and real money would need to be spent to get him. No chance of us doing that.  We will now be looking through the bargain bins to see what we can rustle up.

Get in. Le Fondre & Tomkins it is then.

Ian Holyman ‏@ian_holyman 1h

Pierre #Aubameyang, dad & agent of PEA: "I've talked to Eto'o and the sporting director of Anzhi. We're not closing any door. If a club like Monaco comes to see him or me, of course there'll be talks w/them."#afc #nufc

Phil Forster ‏@Sky_PhilForster 1m

Transfer Talk: #nufc target Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang favours a move to Monaco

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/article/70816/transfer-talk-newcastle-target-aubameyang-eyes-monaco-move

Expand  Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More

Well that would be a surprise wouldn't it :lol:

Dunno.. I'd rather moor me yacht on the Tyne like

:D