Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Corrigan

Looks like i was wrong then :lol:

The main reason i was so dismissive of the initial report was because of the fee mooted.... i was led to believe we already had a 15m euro bid rejected obviously was BS media reports.

Oh well at least he's going to a team i have a soft spot for and not like PSG or something like that.

Guest frazernufc

Aubameyang would have waited anyway, there was no reason for him to come to us hastily and he was very clear that he wanted European football. No point in even pretending like we had a chance.

Agree with this, we never had a chance. I got myself wrapped up the past week or two in all the speculation and thought we had a chance then the realisation came back as soon as I heard BVB. We dont have the reputation we once had abroad to compete with any team constantly in Europe and get put right to the back of the list of destinations once one come calling for someone

Aubameyang would have waited anyway, there was no reason for him to come to us hastily and he was very clear that he wanted European football. No point in even pretending like we had a chance.

Of course we had a chance. Might have helped if we actually tried though.

We really didn't. He knew that Dortmund were watching him at the back end of last year, and many others I'd imagine too. On top of that, he was pretty clear that he was after European football at this stage in his career. I imagine that we were a back-up in his head if nobody else that matched his criteria came forward by the back end of August.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/no-bid-for-aubameyang-but-he-s-still-newcastle-s-no1-target-1-5799442

"But the Gazette understands that while Newcastle have been in talks with St Etienne, they are yet to put in a formal offer for Aubameyang.

Instead, they have asked the French outfit to keep them in the loop regarding bids for the in-demand striker, with St Etienne hoping to get around £16m for their star player."

Keep us in the loop  :lol: :lol:

Astonishing

'Hello Newcastle... aye sorry we've sold him'

Guest bimpy474

Quite frankly if any player is given the choice between a PL club or a Bundesliga club and he chooses the later then fair play.

I wish I had the same choice as a fan tbh.

I guess you do if you were fickle or a fairweather fan, unfortunately were like meth addicts  :undecided:

We really didn't. He knew that Dortmund were watching him at the back end of last year, and many others I'd imagine too. On top of that, he was pretty clear that he was after European football at this stage in his career. I imagine that we were a back-up in his head if nobody else that matched his criteria came forward by the back end of August.

It wouldn't be the first time a player had been talking about Champions League and European football, and then going somewhere without exactly that. Money on the table could do a lot. We pay very good money compared to French teams. I'm sure he'd choose Borussia over us if it was a straight choice, but it wouldn't necessarily have to come to that.